Chapter 66
233 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 66: Changes

One of the older ones, on my right, spoke.

“Sigh, Demon lord... I mean your highness. We’ve been waiting for you to initiate the territory selection process as well as some other matters since you so rudely left us without doing your duties yesterday.”

One of the other lords spoke after his remark, though his manner of speaking was refined and more respectful.

He also was sitting down though as if on the edge of his seat sat up and had his arms on the table.

His hands together as if thinking and looked at me.

“Gregor is correct your highness, we are sorry for disrupting your day, but we have duties as well we must fulfill.”

One of the other lords sitting next to Gregor, a skinny, odd-looking man.

“I’m not sorry, he’s just some young sap who lucky enough caught Demon King Val by surprise. Now that he’s dead we’re short a demon lord.”

Another Lord interjected though he seemed to be the new face.

“You mean previous demon king Val, he not the king anymore.”

He seems to have a little bit of a clueless face, one of the other lords seemed displeased by that statement.

“Shut it you...”

Their comments are just so tiresome, though it seems some of the lords don’t entirely hate me.

I spoke over them, my voice spoke clear and to all of them.

“It seemed to me this, should I say this council of people seemed to be at opposition. You all seemed to have your own views on me as well as how things should be.”

“So I’d like a state a few new ideas, no more like changes I would like to impose and make clear, going forward in my rule. I’m sure it’ll cause the same, probably more controversy.”

“And what would those changes be, Demon Lord... I mean your highness.?”

I looked at his smug face with my eyes, I could see some other lords who shared his views on me slightly laugh inside.

Some of the lords seemed to pay attention to me in a more attentive way.

Some of the others were really is getting on my nerves, but I stayed cool and stern.

“I’m going to make a few changes to our current countries state of affairs. This means I going to push for peace between the other kingdoms as well as races.”

“That means pulling back the remaining forces that keep invading the kingdoms of the human continent.”

“What.!”

“Pushing for peace with the other races, pulling our forces will only degrade our race. How could you be stupid enough to indulge in that thought.”

“It’s not like the people’s view will change.”

“Lord Vanity, what are you going to do next ban slavery?”

“Correct, that leads me to my next change I’m planning to have in our country... Though I do plan to ban it in the future. For now, I’ll allow it to remain legal since our countries economy is supported by it. Though while it remains legal, I’m going to impose stricter slavery laws, to promote better treatment of slaves.”

One of the lords, who seemed like one of the better ones, spoke after.

“Don’t you have a slave in your possession your highness, that girl you had yesterday, shouldn’t you yourself get rid of your own slave before banning slavery. To show some form of an example.”

“You are correct in that I should be the first to abide by those rules, you all should as well, being political leaders...”

“In concern toward that girl, she isn’t my slave, not anymore at least. She’s actually my fiancé, we’ll be married soon.”

That seemed to set the older ones off the most, some stood up most of them were quite surprised.

“What!?”

”Did I not tell you, oh it must have slipped my mind.

I spoke in a sarcastic tone.

Some didn’t care for it much, same for really any word I would say.

———-

To be continued

3