Chapter 68
236 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 68: Worrying

—————

Seal was pacing, worrying about what things might be discussed or scuffles that may take place.

He’s been working at the castle at the beck and call for the previous king long enough to know when trouble may come.

He hated violence though he was pretty resourceful when dealing with the aftermath, he never was one to handle it head-on.

Once Leon went into the room Seal had Luna’s lunch brought to her by one of his many subordinates.

Seal did his job to the best of his ability, he always wanted to make a good impression.

Seal could have been somewhere else in the palace, doing some other thing.

Instead, he was just worrying for his king, but maybe more for the Lords.

“Oh god, what..?”

He heard a loud voice come from the room.

Then once he came closer to the door he heard the signature sound a blade might make.

He heard once, twice, then a pause, till a couple more slice sounds made their way to the door.

He worried more and more until he backed off and took a breath.

The guards at each side of the door didn’t seem to show interest in anything, they just stood there like statues.

————

(Leon’s POV)

Me and others we hovering over the large map in front of us.

I moved my finger along it, passing the places where they shall preside.

“Your territory shall be here, what’s your name again..?”

I gestured to the newest lord, never really paying attention to the competition lead me to be unfamiliar with him.

I looked toward the newest lord, he’s seemed quite eager, I liked how he seemed supportive on my stances.

Though that could have been just his naivety that lead him to support me, I still decided to help him out.

So to give him some more motivation, I felt like moving him to a place that’s easily manageable but has good benefits.

“Oh, I’m demon lord Titus Steal, Your Highness.”

He did a small bow, and I looked back toward the map.

I moved him to one of the southern territories, I doubt he’ll care where he’s placed, to be honest.

No one seemed to have any objection, probably from the display I showed before.

I would have guessed one of the stronger lords would have revolted or something, but it seemed my slaughtering of half of them worked pretty well.

“Is there anything else you need me for, I’m all ears.?”

None seemed to have anything to say. They did a bow and I left.

They will probably talk behind my back, once gone but it’s not anything that'll affect me.

I walked through the doors and was confronted by Seal.

“Your Highness, what happened did anything...?”

Though once I put my hand up he stopped speaking.

I walked out of the way and placed the dagger I used, back in the guard's holster.

“There might still be some blood on it, but it should be fine. Also, have some of the guards take care of the mess inside, have the other lords escorted their rooms as well.”

“Yes, your highness.”

Seal could see the mess I made inside, he seemed astonished.

The guard I ordered hurried off, probably to get back up.

The doors closed and I started walking.

Seal was by my side and I spoke with a straight face.

“Your Highness, what happened.?”

“Oh, just some annoyances needed it to be taken care of. What did I worry you?”

“Yes, you certainly did your highness, though that outcome wasn’t what I expected.”

“Well, It’s over now so no use worrying about that. Though I'll need you to send consolation funds to those who have families. Make sure they are taken care of.”

“Alright.”

“Did you do what I asked of you?”

“If you are speaking of your guest, your highness. Then yes, I did. She was quite pleased with the meal.”

“Alright, Have her dinner prepared once it’s time. Unless I get back before then if so prepare it for the two of us in the dining room.”

“Of course your highness.”

“I also need you to get a carriage ready, I’ll be going out for a bit.”

“Where might you be going Your Highness.”

“I was thinking of purchasing some jewelry. Do you recommend any places?”

“There are a couple of places in the city, but I would recommend Merriweather's.”

“Alright, anywhere else you think I should visit?”

“Jenson and Ravenswood are good, but their selection isn’t as refined as Merriweather's. I’ll tell the coachmen where to go.”

“Okay.”

We left the palace guards opened the doors.

We entered a courtyard, the stables were a slight distance.

Seal told me to wait there as he went to fetch a carriage.

I did so and a few minutes later a heard the clopping of horses.

I got into the carriage before Seal shut the door for me like usual is spoke.

“Thanks, Seal, for helping me out so much.”

He bowed and spoke as well.

“It is a servant's duty to help his master to the best of his ability. So no thanks are needed, your highness.”

I did a little laugh and the doors shut.

———-

To be continued

4