Chapter 179
34 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 179: Later that Night

-Hugh’s POV-

She slowly got up from the tub. Her body was reflective, with streams of water running down it. Even though everything was clear to see, I was mainly fixated on her face.

She gazed down at me as if a god were staring down at a worshipping subject. Her pink lips formed an elegant smile.

I slowly stood from the bath, water ran down my skin in every direction as well.

I looked down at Sylphy, who watched my movement.

Our bodies were open for both of us to see, just an inch or two from touching. However, neither of us seemed phased or embarrassed. Even though my heart was pounding the entire time, I made sure not to seem hesitant.

My hand went to her side, the difference from her waist to get hips was probably due to hunger. The other hand reached and grabbed a towel. I wrapped it around her, patting her head dry.

I stepped out and helped her do the same.

We finished drying our bodies out of the tub.

We put robes on since we didn’t have any spare clothing at the moment.

It was good enough to cover our bodies for the time being.

I picked her up in one fell swoop and walked into the room. I laid her down on the bed and told her to rest a bit.

Hugh: “Sit tight, for now, I’ll be back in a moment.”

I walked over to the door and opened it.

Red stood in front of the door as if waiting for me. The smile on his face annoyed me for some reason.

Red: “Your Highness, I’ve never seen you in such a state before. I’m guessing you had a good time?”

Hugh: “Nothing happened I just took a bath and didn’t have a change of clothing.”

Red: “You say nothing happened and yet you took a bath. You weren’t washing alone were you?”

Hugh: “Why don’t you go get the princess and me some dinner and tell a few of the men to go bring back some spare clothing for us.”

Red: “Alright, Your Highness. Whatever you say.”

I closed the door and walked to the bed. My body fell to it next to Sylphy.

Sylphy: “What are we doing after we leave this Kingdom.?”

Hugh: “We’ll head back home to the manor and get married. After that, we’ll head to the Demon King’s Castle, though things might change.”

She got closer, a smile grew on my face as I watched the sight.

Sylphy: “I would have thought you’d want to make me yours as soon as possible.”

A smirk of delight made its way to my lips.

Hugh: “Your lucky I’m only half-demon or I would devour you right this second. However, I want to go about this at least somewhat properly, so once we get married then we can continue.”

Sylphy: “It’s been so long since we’ve been able to talk, to be close to one another, I can’t wait to spend forever with you and your family.”

Hugh: “I can’t wait either, it’s sad how your parents won’t be able to see us get married or the children we’ll have, but I’m glad your safe.”

Her grip on my arm tightened.

Sylphy: “I guess that means I won’t need to go back to the continent for visits, so that means I can spend more time with you. You better take good care of me, since you are the only family I’ll have from now on.”

Hugh: “You were all I could think about some days. You, agreeing to be my wife, changed my life entirely. The amount of power you have over me is more than you can ever know. I’ll make sure to treat you like the queen you are.”

I grabbed her hand and spoke.

Hugh: “Plus, I won’t be your only family, remember you’ll have Rose and my parents and eventually our children. Before you know it you’ll have a big happy family.”

She seemed content and happy with my words, I could tell by the glistening of her eyes that she was moved.

Sylphy: “That sounds perfect to me..”

I couldn't stop looking at her.

Hugh: “You know, Rose has a baby now, Charlette is her name. She had big red cheeks and was adorable. I can’t help but think of how ours will turn out, whether they’ll look like you or me. I just can’t wait.”

She got closer her head on my chest.

Sylphy: “I’m glad to see you’re thinking about children, but I don’t think it’ll happen.”

I looked at her and spoke quite harshly.

Hugh: “And why not.?”

Sylphy: “Elves have a tough time having children, and I doubt breeding between the races helps the odds.”

She turned to look at my face.

Sylphy: “Though I want them just as much as you do.”

Hugh: “Should we start trying tonight, we can do it every day till you get pregnant. I may be a half-breed but I still have the stamina of a demon.”

Sylphy: “I can see why they say you’re like your father. I remember your mother said she faced the same problem, though she got pregnant rather quickly, I guess I’ll have to get used to a demon's relentless nature.”

Hugh: “Don’t ruin the mood by bringing up my parents' embarrassing stories.”

Sylphy: “My parents never told me stories like that so it’s nice hearing them.”

Hugh: “You're a weird elf.”

Sylphy: “Says the half-breed who fell for me.“

We both grew close laughing. A knock at the door drew our attention away and I got up to see what it was.

Red and another one of my men had two trays. Each holding a meal and a beverage.

Hugh: “Well it looks like you’re good for something other than making jokes.”

Red: “You looked pretty serious for the past couple of weeks. I wouldn’t want you to lose this mellow demeanor all because I complained about work.”

Sylphy walked up behind me and looked out the door towards the two.

Red seemed taken back by her looks and smiled at me.

Red: “No wonder you were so serious about getting her back.”

Hugh: “Are you going to bring the trays in or just stand there with that grin?”

——-

To be continued

2