Chapter 180
34 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 180: New Day

Emelia’s mind wandered off as her hand still clutched the door handle. The man inside, unaware of her exit, blissfully continued his slumber as if under a spell. A smirk of delight appeared, her eyes still lost in her mind.

‘I think I gained some ground.’

Leon: “Emelia..”

She was abruptly brought from her mind back into reality. Turning to her father as he walked closer.

Emelia: “Yes, father.”

Leon: “What might you be doing here? Isn’t this Val’s room?”

Emelia: “Yes, I was seeing how he was doing, he looked tired the last time I saw him, but it seems he’s asleep at the moment.”

Leon: “Oh, alright, I was going to give him some papers to look over, but I guess I’ll give them to him tomorrow.”

Emelia: “That would probably be best...”

Emelia: “Father, I know work never stops for you, but how about you and Sir Val take a break tomorrow. At least for some of the day, minds work better when they are rested.”

Leon: “That does sound good, your mother and I could spend some more time together if I do take tomorrow off.”

Emelia: “Great, I don’t want the two of you to work yourselves to death.”

Leon: “It’s sweet how you care for us so much.”

He walked past next to her, patting her head in the process.

Leon: “Though Emelia, you shouldn’t get to attached to Val, he may be here for the time being, but he’ll eventually have to leave. Plus he’s...”

Emelia: “I understand, father, but this family believes in freedom of romantic choice. So even if the chances are slim, I’ll still try to win him over.”

Leon shook his head with a laugh behind his breath. It was almost as if he knew she would say that. He walked forward as Emelia stood there in front of the door. She smirked and looked at the door. A few seconds later she turned her head high and walked forward to her room.

—————

The next morning Emelia woke up with a skip in her step and a smile on her face. Knowing her father and Sir Val trained before breakfast, she walked to the training grounds. She looked out over the large plaza surrounded by stands on two sides. She eventually saw the ones she wanted to see after scanning the area. It seemed both Sir Val and Leon were sparring, neither was using any mana. She watched in delight seeing them come close them separate.

“Emelia?”

Emelia turned to a man who was walking up to her, his helmet was off but his body was still clad in armor. His looks and statue resembled that of his father Sir Jesse, though he has an easier way about him.

Emelia: “Bruce..?”

She got up and ran to him.

Emelia: “Bruce, you’re finally back from your border stationing.!”

Bruce: “Yeah, I just got back yesterday evening.”

She backed off and looked at him.

Emelia: “Well, you should have greeted me.”

He scratched his head and spoke.

Bruce: “All I wanted to do yesterday was sleep, so I thought I’d come to see you today after training, but then I saw you in the stands.”

Emelia: “I want you to tell me everything about your station, but let’s find a shadier place, it’s getting pretty sunny.”

Bruce: “Sure.”

The two walked down to a corner a large tree stood tall close by and provided coverage.

——-

The two spoke about how long Bruce would stay and what it was like at the border. They laughed a lot. In the middle of the conversation, Bruce kept staring at Emelia with a content gaze.

Emelia: “What’s with you, why do you keep looking at me like that.?”

Bruce: “Nothing, you just seem happier than the last time I saw you. I heard your brother came and visited, did that have something to do with it?.”

Emelia: “He did, for about 10 minutes then left. Though you look happy too, I would have thought you would still be sulking after I rejected your proposal.”

Bruce: “It did hurt how you rejected me even though I only wanted to take you out on a date. But I knew us being friends for so long would get in the way.”

Emelia: “You’re handsome enough to get any girl you want, so don’t get too upset. You probably courted a few ladies whenever you went through one of the border towns.”

Bruce: “I didn’t see the point when I wouldn’t be able to properly pursue them. But there were a few that caught my eye.”

Emelia: “Maybe now that you are stationed here you can finally go find yourself, someone, like I have..”

Bruce: “What, you found someone. Who would your father allow.?”

Emelia: “Well, he caught my attention. Though he told me right off the gate that I shouldn’t pursue him. However, I’m still trying to win him over, little by little.”

Bruce: “Where is he? I want to know what man would deny a chance with you..”

Emelia: “He’s over there with my father.”

Bruce: “The demon, who is he.?”

Emelia: “He’s one of my brother's knights, Sir Val. He’s also the previous Demon King’s son.”

Bruce: “He looks pretty stiff and older than your brother, what about him caught your eye?”

Emelia: “He has nice eyes, a handsome face, and is a hard worker.“

Bruce looked towards the man.

Bruce: “What a lucky guy, gaining your affection without even trying, he must be stupid to pass a chance like that up.”

Emelia smiled and moved in a little closer.

Emelia: “It sounds like someone is jealous..”

Bruce continued to look out over the training ground.

Bruce: “Maybe a little.”

He then looked back towards Emelia.

Bruce: “But you know, I think I can help you get his attention.”

—————

To be continued

2