Chapter 181
36 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 181: Long Trip Ahead

-Hugh’s POV-

Sylphy and I slept well that night. It was the first time I spent the night next to a woman. The way she looked, smelled, and felt were soothing to me.

After Sylphy and I ate dinner, I asked her who exactly revolted against her parents. I received a list of a few High Elves, but she didn’t know all of whom were involved. With this information we could dispose of the individuals.

Of course, I knew having no ruler in an easily conquerable country would be a problem so I also asked who Sylphy would trust to take the place of ruling authority for the foreseeable future.

His name was Octavian Flora, a High Elf, and said to her father’s aid. He was just a filler until Sylphy and I produced children that might take over. Even though the man she proposed may have been her father's aid, I was going to make sure he was worthy of holding a seat of power such at that.

————

Sylphy: “You don’t have to carry me to the ship, I can walk on my own.”

I held her in my arms and strode forward making my way to the ship promptly.

Hugh: “I want to get to the ship as soon as possible and I don’t want you walking too much before you get your strength back.”

The ship was closing in and the steps were ready.

Captain: “Your Highness, I’m glad to see you have found the Princess you were searching for. We are ready to sail when you are..”

Hugh: “Good, you can start once everyone is on board..”

He bowed as I started walking up the stair plank. Once at the top I took a quick step down, almost like a free fall. Sylphy made a cute sound as I landed on the deck.

I slight laugh made its way out with a breath and I smiled.

Sylphy: “Are you going to let me down now.?”

Hugh: “I’m not sure, I’m enjoying the experience.”

She was pouting and being adorable.

Some crew started pulling ropes and letting the sails loose. The captain walked up to the helm and barked some orders.

I walked to my cabin, and once inside I let her down.

My fingers tried tickling her as I spoke.

Hugh: “Are you happy now.?”

Some laughs came from her and I smiled from the reaction.

Sylphy: “Stop messing with me.”

Hugh: “As I said I’m enjoying the experience.”

I hugged her from the back and moved forward toward the window.

I noticed how our ship had already sailed from the port.

I sighed while resting my head on hers.

Hugh: “We can both rest easy now. Just a few weeks, and we’ll be home..”

She turned around and hugged me tightly. Even though her voice as she spoke was a bit muffled, the wording was heard.

Sylphy: “Thank you, Hugh, thank you for saving me.”

Her grip on my shirt tightened.

Sylphy: “I can’t wait to be your wife.”

The sound of her voice has bits of tearful joy.

Hugh: “I can't wait to be your husband. Can I see your face, my blushing bride?”

As she pulled away, I leaned down and kissed her lips. It was sudden, she pulled slightly away to take a breath, but I pushed forward. My arms wrapped around her waist.

I opened my eyes and slightly pulled away.

Hugh: “Just don’t get tired of me, okay.”

—————

-Val’s POV-

I felt good waking up the next day. My back wasn’t sore. My eyes didn’t feel heavy. I went straight to training after waking up. His Highness and I sparred for a while. After we finished, he said to take the rest of the day off. I asked why and he just responded with, “It's always good to take a break when it’s needed.”

As I wiped my face with a towel, I noticed Princess Emelia in the stands. She often came to watch me train, I thought it was weird at first since I told her that I was not interested in forming any romantic ties.

However, it’s become such a common occurrence I’ve grown used to it. A man walked up to her and started a conversation that lasted a few minutes. I thought it had nothing to do with me until they both looked in my direction.

——-

To be continued

2