Chapter 184
31 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 184: Village

I stood close behind and spoke to the guard.

Hugh: “What’s your name soldier.?”

Guard 2: “My name is Tyson, Your Highness.”

Hugh: “How long have you been stationed here, Tyson.?”

Tyson: “I’ve been here for five years.”

Hugh: “How do you like it, do you and the other soldiers get along with the natives.?”

Tyson: “I didn’t think much of it at first, but the place and the people grow on you. They are all caring and appreciative of our work. I’m even dating a bunny beast-man.

Hugh: “That’s good to hear.”

We come close to the leader's home, which was larger than those around it.

Tyson: “Please removed your shoes before walking inside, it’s their custom around here.”

We walked inside and were told to wait while Tyson informed the village leader.

After a short wait, the guard came back and was then pushed to the side by a lovely feline beastmen.

She turned and looked into the other room and shouted.

Feline: “Thumper hurry up, you're being rude to the Demon King by not greeting him.!”

Shortly after a smaller, somewhat timid bunny beastman came out.

They both bowed, he stood behind her.

Feline: “Greetings, Demon King, my name is Eva Linx, I am this village's leader, this is my husband, Thumper. We are delighted to have a visit from you.”

Hugh: “Thank you for your hospitality, I know we came without notice, but we wanted to visit and rest before sailing back home.”

Eva: “That’s completely understandable, as for your lodgings we have enough room to house your entire party. Of course, some will have to share, though we do have a lovely room for Your Highness, and Princess Sylphy.”

She only just noticed her and came close to her.

Eva: “Princess, what happened to you?”

Sylphy: “Do I know you.?”

Eva: “My apologies, I attended a council meeting with the other village and tribal leaders when you and your parents came to visit. Thought back then you looked in better shape. Did he do this to you.?”

She whispered to her for that last part and Sylphy spoke on resistance.

Sylphy: “The Demon King..”

Hugh: “She was sold into slavery by some traitorous noble Elves. I got her out.”

Eva: “Oh, I’m sorry to hear such bad news, and apologies for assuming.”

She backed up and whispered to her husband to take over the conversation.

Thumper: “The rooms are just this way if you would follow me.”

————

The room was very minimal, just a table and some layout comforters.

Thumper: “I’m sorry if the room isn’t much, we also don’t use these often.”

Hugh: “We came without notifying you beforehand so it is understandable.”

Thumper: “Dinner won’t be made until after sunset so would you like to have a tour of the village?”

I tilted my head toward Sylphy.

Hugh: “Do you want to rest here or go for a walk.?”

She gripped my arm tighter, it seems she didn’t want to stay here alone.

Hugh: “That sounds great.”

———-

The town wasn’t glamorous. Most of the houses have fenced-in gardens with vegetables and flowers. At one of them, it had a few of the small trees, my mother received as gifts, though I always forget the name.

Sylphy: “Why are there bunnies at every house, I remember seeing feline and canine beastman on the way to your house.?”

Thumper: “Most bunnies and rabbits take care of the household chores, while the other tribes do the more laborious tasks.”

Hugh: “Where do the bunnies live then and how would they get paid?”

Thumper: “Some live at the residence they take care of, while others have their own homes. Usually, if they live at the residence they take care of, they share in the food and utilities. If not then usually they are paid a certain amount.”

Red: “Where’s the barracks.?”

Thumper: “We’re heading there now, it’s at the end of the village near the forest’s edge.”

———

To be continued

2