Chapter 186
35 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 186: News

Emelia: “Haha, I wouldn’t have thought of using my horns as a weapon before..”

Sir Val: “Well most Demons don’t because they see it as dishonorable but if the need arises it’s better than nothing, they don’t serve a purpose otherwise.”

Emelia: “That's true...”

The steps to the manor came into view much too soon. I knew where we practiced wasn’t far away but I felt like walking with him some more.

Sir Val: “So, will you be training with me again or do you think this is enough insight.?”

Emelia: “I think it would be good to keep training, I wouldn’t want to forget everything you’ve taught me.”

He opened the door for us and bowed.

Sir Val: “I’m glad to see you’ve taken an interest, Princess.”

We both parted ways knowing dinner would be prepared in an hour or two.

————

Dinner was being prepared and we were both dirty from the training.

After a quick and quiet bath, I was ready to head downstairs to the dining room.

My family was sitting at the table, well my father wasn’t in attendance, neither was Sir Val.

I sat by my sister and turned to my mother.

Emelia: “Where’s father, isn’t dinner about to be served.?”

Luna: “I’m not sure... He’s probably still in the office and lost track of time.”

She smiled in reassurance and a few minutes later the doors dramatically opened.

Leon: “Great news everyone, Hugh’s safe and he said Princess Sylphy’s coming with him.!”

He flailed the letter in the air and rushed in with a smile.

Luna: “What, that’s great... I was really worried.”

I held her hands together close to her chin. The excitement was evident.

Rose: “Is Sylphy okay..?”

Sir Val: “It seems the Princess was sold into slavery, but his Highness was able to save her before she was hurt.”

Luna: “What do you mean, sold? I thought she was preparing to marry an Elven noble.”

Sir Val sat next to me without any hesitation.

Sir Val: “Well.. it wasn’t really..”

Leon: “It seems that there were a couple of traitorous Elven nobles and Sylphy was caught in a political struggle. Thank goodness her life was spared, though her the king and queen, well...”

Luna: “No, that can’t... I’m so glad he didn’t listen to us and left when he did.”

Mother was on the verge of tears hearing her friend had been killed and that Sylphy was in the same situation she was in.

Elias: “What’s going to happen to the Elven continent, is Hugh going to leave it to those traitors.?”

Leon: “Hugh said he didn’t need any reinforcements or help in dealing with the Elven Continent..”

Sir Val: “Knowing His Highness, it was inevitable that he’d deal with it. He isn’t one to stand back and do nothing, especially since Princess Sylphy was a victim in it.”

Leon: “Now all we have to do is wait for his return and have a wedding venue waiting..”

I breathed In rather excitedly and spoke with a demeanor that matched.

Emelia: “Maybe we can finally host a ball in celebration.”

Luna: “That’s up to your brother. I’m not sure if he’d like such an affair.”

Luna: “If he’s anything like his father he’d just want to get married and leave.”

—————

To be continued

2