Chapter 187
29 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 187: Pity

-Hugh’s POV-

The next day we were ready to set off to the Elven Continent. The night before, after we ate dinner I handed a letter to Eva, the leader of the village, describing in detail the problems that occurred within the Elven Kingdom. This was meant for the council of Beast man to read and understand the predicament of their allied neighbor. It also described what my actions after leaving the village would entail.

We left in the morning after eating and were greeted one last time by the village leader and her husband. Eva shared a few words in private with Sylphy before bowing to me.

————

-Sylphy’s POV-

I didn’t want to go back to the Elven Continent. I didn’t want to see any of the oblivious citizens or any of the traitorous High Elves. After Hugh saved me from slavery all I wished to do was get as far away from this mess as possible and live a new life with him and his family. There’s nothing left for me in my homeland, except a throne that I have no wish of ruling.

Hugh and I had a similar goal of going back home and getting married as quickly as possible, however, it was obvious he couldn’t leave the Elven Kingdom how it was. If we were to leave it be, it would have been inevitable for problems to start within and out of the Kingdom. Its allies would soon enough realize that there were new rulers with new agendas and the Elevn Kingdoms people would find out about the treachery that took place within the palace.

I didn’t want the Kingdom to be in the hands of traitors. My family has ruled there for thousands of years and even though I didn’t wish to rule it or see it again, I didn’t want those who destroyed my family to have it. It’s better to take control of the Kingdom now since it’s still week.

Hugh said that the Elven Kingdom would probably be more alert now that he’s already infiltrated the palace.

————-

It was a long ordeal, it took a few days to get there. Capturing the castle and Florence took much more thought and time. After capturing him, the other high eleven weren’t hard to find. They were all lined up in front of the common people. I stood next to Hugh as he explained the situation. Though there is only so much that Elves can take from a demon before becoming suspicious. I spoke out, agreeing with what he was saying. Even though our appearances may resemble one another, Elves can tell each other apart. They’ve seen my face many times before and they knew I had a close relationship with the Demon King’s family. They screamed out in frustration and anger at the high Elves who orchestrated an attack that destroyed thousands of years worth of peace and lineage within the continent.

Before they were executed I asked Florence why he betrayed my parents and me. He spoke with a scared voice, saying how it was all his family and the others' idea, that he couldn’t do anything. The only thing he had a choice in was letting me live. That either killing me or selling me as a slave were his only options.

I didn’t replay and simply left him, though as I was walking away he yelled.

“I’m sorry, Sylphy, I’m sorry.”

In a quieter tone, he said, “I don’t want to die.”

I walked to Hugh and rested my head against his torso.

He rested his hand on my head and his arm around my shoulders to console me.

Hugh: “We’ll be executing them soon... but if you wish you can pardon them.”

I turned up to him, his eyes seemed sympathetic, and his gentle smile reassured me.

Sylphy: “Exile Florence from this Kingdom and any others associated with our family, the others lived long enough, they lived longer than most humans.  Do whatever you want with them.”

Hugh: “I guessed as much, and I enjoyed how you said it was our family.”

I smirked at him and he pointed to Florence. He was brought to the side while the others were slain.

————-

To be continued

2