Chapter 190
23 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 190: Wedding Bells

-Hugh’s POV-

I walked out of the manor to a lit-up garden. It was quite daunting, to say the least. My hands started to tremble a bit. I couldn’t tell if it was excitement or fear, it might have been a mix between the two. I took a deep breath. As I opened my eyes I, relaxed my shoulder, pulled my suit down slightly, and continued forward.

It was a lovely walk to the alter. Many decorations and flowers were set up in nice ways. As I neared the alter it opened up to many people sitting down. Some turned and others waited till I walked in front of them. I met my friends Val, Red, as well as the others and stood under an archway anxiously waiting for my love to walk down the aisle to me.

I noticed my parents in the front, my mother already looked tearful, though my father nodded as a way to reassure me.

———

-A few hours before-

Leon: “Son, if you plan on marrying Princess Sylphy I hope you understand the rules you must abide by.”

Hugh: “Rules? I’m marrying her because I love her.”

Leon: “That's important, however, I’m speaking of the rules after you are married. You do understand that there can’t be anyone other than your wife, you must respect her, cherish her, and protect her. If you don’t think you can fulfill those duties then you might want to reconsider.”

Hugh: “I’ve traveled across the world and back, as well as conquered an entire continent just to be with her, I wouldn’t do such a thing if I didn’t want to be with her for the rest of my life.”

Leon put his hand on Hugh's shoulder quite roughly and spoke with a resonant smile.

Leon sighed.

Leon: “I can’t believe it’s already time for you to be sent off. Just one more it seems. I didn’t expect all my children to fall in love so quickly. Though I guess they take after their parents quite a lot.”

Hugh only laughed and continued in his preparation for the big day. He didn’t think about what his father said in too much detail.

————-

Sylphy was finally experiencing the fairy tale ending she’s been dreaming about for most of her life. She’s witnessed her best friend's experience so early and longed for the same connection.

When Sylphy first agreed to Hugh’s proposal of marriage, he was still a child.

She found it quite amusing and innocently sweet. She accepted it just to play along at first. A faze usually ends after a while. However, Hugh never stopped loving Sylphy. Through the years he’s never looked at anyone else besides her. She enjoyed it so much and gradually accepted it.

Now the day she was promised many years before is finally being fulfilled.

She smelled the flowers she had in her hands and was fawned over by her best friend Rose and her sister Emelia. She sadly missed how her parents would never be able to see her off into her husband's arms, but she knew that they would have been happy as long as she lived on with a smile on her face. She was ready to go, and once the music began, she began to walk. The sun was just above the archway. She watched a beautiful scene unfold as she grew closer.

The man she had been waiting to marry for a long time, turned to greet her. His smile was so large, that his eyes were captivated. His whole aura seemed genuinely taken by her presence. His hand allowed her to grasp and hold on. They stood together upon that alter waiting for the whole thing to start, to be done with so that their lives could begin anew as husband and wife.

—————

To be continued

2