11.I am no longer empty
173 1 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Midnight arrived, and Ame's tears finally dried too much for it to swell for years; she entered the house and entered their parents' room.

 

"I didn't think I would be attached to them this much," Ame admitted to Kiel, who agreed with his silence, "A grown woman, accepting the life of a young child. Haunting, is it not?"

 

"Questions like these always appear. Doubts are accepted, but the answer can only truly, be that they are our parents no matter our situation. They remained those who breathed us into this world. Provided for us when we couldn't and protected us then and still. Parents or not, they are still people we can come cherish." Kiel gave her a simple answer.

 

"I supposed you are correct. Either way, I just didn't think it would cause me to have such sad emotions. I had to stop my pleas from escaping my throat. I wanted to stop them, Kiel... I didn't want them to leave... I didn't want his to end." Ame clenched her fists, blood poured as she dug through her own flesh, "It didn't even cross my mind to beg when I was besieged and got held by the throat by death."

 

Ame let out a laugh as her blood continued to flow. "It seems like we've been connecting for too long, Kiel.... say something, would you?"

 

Kiel took her by the hand just to stop her words. It was trembling, and try as he might, Kiel could not find the correct words to comfort her out of the blossoming woes.

 

Kiel could only pick up the medicine box by the cupboard to patch up her broken hands, "Any injury you bring upon your body does not simply disappear. Your path is that of a Palm Master, do not damage them like this, Ame."

 

"That's all you have to say after wearing my heart on my sleeves?"

 

"You always do that, Ame. How do you think Mother got you to study weaving with her by promising you more Martial Arts?" 

 

It was not a joke, but Ame, let out a cheery laugh. A bit of color returned to her face. Walking past her, Kiel could only be glad to see Ame smiling again.

 

"So, our parents finally allowed you to travel into the world of cultivation. At least we can celebrate something tonight. So, when are you going to leave for the Celestial Phoenix Mountain? Tomorrow? In an hour, perhaps?" Kiel asked as he kept the medicine box away.

 

Ame didn't answer, and Kiel turned around to face his Sister, "Is something the matter?"

 

"… no, I just thought if I should actually postpone my departure to the Sect until Mother and Father return. After all, they did say they'll come back quickly, right? Besides, we both know you will get lonely if you are left on your own. What would happen then? You might do something, and if I am not there to reign you in, catastrophe will strike." Ame said while laughing.

 

Kiel looked at his Sister and shook his head. Approaching this Sister of his, he readied his finger and then, TAK! 

 

"OW! THAT HURTS!" She cried as she experienced Kiel's flick on the forehead, knocking it back, almost straining her neck, "You used Spear Energy in that, didn't you!?"

 

Kiel did not answer and simply threatened her with another, "Don't patronize me, Ame."

 

"Huh? Patronize? What are you sayi—"

 

Ame protested but, Kiel didn't allow her to utter excuses, "I am saddened, but you do not need to pity me. I will not allow you to jeopardize your dreams because I will get a little lonely." Kiel stormed out with a huff.

 

"Huh? What are you talking about? Do you think I'm this for you? You self-centered fool! Hey! I'm talking here!" Ame cried out to Kiel as she held the bump on her head. She had grown irritated at his words.

 

But, no matter how much she cried out to him, he never looked back and just kept walking away.

 

"I am going to take a walk. As for you, you should focus on your cultivation; without our parents, you are now free to do anything you want. I do not want to get caught in any inconvenience that may happen, so I will leave for the time being.

 

"Once I return, you better have already opened your Spirit Sea and reach the True Spirit Realm." Kiel's words did not have much weight like always… he acted the same after regaining his mind.

 

His tone had shifted from that of passiveness to a commanding tone.

 

Ame never liked getting ordered, but she had not been able to disobey Kiel when his tone shifts. She gritted her teeth and stomped her foot on the ground in frustration, "That prideful goat! Ack! You care about him, and this is how he acts!?"

 

Ame roared at the top of her lungs as she plopped on the ground and pouted, "Tch... I'll stay, you hear me!? You can't tell me otherwise!"

 

She shouted! 

 

Ame had not been able to beat Kiel in a fight, but he had never been capable of hurting her as well. He would only ever subdue her, and even then, she would already be lying on the ground before she even noticed.

 

She was confident that Kiel would not drag her out; thus, she planted her behind on the ground in protest of his tyranny.

 

"That guy, does he think I'm doing this for him? Just because he's smart? Just because you know everything still doesn't mean you can understand them, you foo — ACK!" 

 

In her frustration, Ame punched the ground and only felt the sting of the injuries she brought onto herself. The white bandage became red with blood.

 

Looking at the bandage, she remembered all the time she had been cared for by him. Ame bit her lips but, all the anger she had dissipated seeing the meticulous wrap on her hands.

 

'...sigh. Just what am I doing?'

 

Ame lay on the hard wooden flooring, and then, she released a deep breath, 'Might as well.'

 

She begrudgingly decided to cultivate as Kiel had ordered her to.

 

Going to their room, she looked at the Dimensional Bangle hanging on her wrist and decided to finally see its contents, "This is… an Inferno Devourer? What is an Ascension Realm Soul-Beast doing here?" she couldn't believe seeing the Soul-Beast of raging fire.

 

Other than the Soul-Beast Infernal Devourer, there were also Stellar Stones, meant to assist her cultivation; there was also a letter. Ame opened it to find a letter from her parents:

 

–It appears that you have opened your Dimensional Bangle; this is our gift to you. What we left you is named the Inferno Devourer, a Soul-Beast meant for Ascension Realm Cultivators. You might be confused why we would give you such a strong Soul-Beast when only those about to ascend can tame. Ame, that is because you and your brothers' Vital Energy is more potent than most at the peak of True Spirit Realm. This has been the case since you were both young, and though we remain ignorant, not knowing why this was so, it could only be a blessing.

 

–Ame, if you are going to venture into the dangerous world of cultivation, you must strive to be better than what is considered normal. Go above and beyond, surpass prodigies and geniuses. We will not be by your side to protect you, and this is the only way we can give you protection. We believe that this Inferno Devourer can be overcome by you with the help of your Soul Energy. Using this Inferno Devourer to form your Spirit Sea will help with your advancement in the future. Ame, you must seize every opportunity and chance to advance. Get every advantage you can your hands to, and hide your strongest weapons well and become unpredictable. If you can get backing, you must show them your worth. Do not hesitate to make friends, but be wary of entrusting others with your life.–

 

A long list of what she should and shouldn't do upon venturing continued for three more pages, but at the end of it all were their last words to her:

 

–We wish you all the best in your journey, our lovely daughter — your parents.–

 

Ame smiled after reading their letter, "Hahaha, it appears that our parents were perceptive… thank you, Father... thank you, Mother."

 

Ame brought out the Inferno Devourer's Soul that was the size of an adult's fist. Using her Spirit Energy, she turned Soul-Beast into a puff of crimson smoke and then absorbed it inside her.

 

Inside Ame's body, there was only darkness, but then, she gathered her Spirit Energy and turned it into a cyclone and then into a spherical pocket of Spirit Energy.

 

'Now, let us have combat, you poor soul—'

 

Ame's eyes widened as she awakened the Inferno Devourer; the Soul-Beast came alive.

 

"You damn brat! Do you think you can enslave me!?"

 

A Soul-Beast can only be claimed by exhausting it and using the Soul Energy of the cultivator.

 

Only someone stronger can enslave the strong.

 

Ame's scent was that of a weakling.

 

The Inferno Devourer began to roar, and inside of Ame's body, chains formed using both her Spirit Energy and Soul appeared. 

 

Cultivators of the Consolidated Realm usually die because of being overpowered by the Soul-Beast. As they say, a cultivator is most likely to die because of their inability to measure their worth.

 

Devoured by ambition.

 

Ame, however, was smiling as she began fighting with the Inferno Devourer. She didn't want to fail her parents, and so, competition for dominance commenced.

 

"Know your ground, beast!" Ame shouted as the fire in her eyes burned brighter and hotter than the sun.

 

***

 

Kiel's steps regained their perpetual spirit after calming himself. He looked at the unreachable stars to set his mind straight, but it couldn't be done so quickly this time.

 

"I hurt my sister outside of combat." 

 

"There was nothing you could have done to help her recover her composure."

 

"I did."

 

"..." Ouroboros could not refute his claims.

 

"It was unnerving..." Kiel added.

 

"You did it for her own good, and if you genuinely wish to make it up to her, then you know what you need to do... though what you have in mind it is not advisable."

 

Kiel nodded.

 

Moving as if he was the wind, Kiel soon reached the very edge of the Forest; he smiled as he touched the trunk of a tree, extending himself to it to ensure its integrity.

 

Taking in deep breaths, Kiel gathered his strength and forced his body to go beyond its limits; his veins began to feel like it was about to burst, and blood dripped down his nostrils and eyes. 

 

He had already suffered today, his body exhausted, but Kiel hardly cared for any of that. His soul, his essence of being, and his intent all came exploding at the same time.

 

He breathed out a red mist, whispering, "Heaven and Hell Palms — Fifth Step Mastery of the Palm."

 

In that instant, when the intent reached his hand into the tree, Kiel's right hand imploded. His meridians and veins burst, "Ugh!"

 

Even Kiel couldn't help reacting to the pain.

 

The tree trembled but was not destroyed, and when Kiel's palms were retracted, a smoldering Bloody Palm Imprint was carved on the tree's surface.

 

He nodded in satisfaction, followed by his chest caving in and litters of blood escaping his every orifice.

 

Kiel felt like his body was being turned inside out. The intent he called upon wasn't the sharp and domineering spear but palm's pressure.

 

It spared him from being lacerated, but Kiel felt like he was about to implode, so using his fingers, he punctured three acupoints near the heart and the principal organ at the end, he ended up spatting out boiling blood.

 

Kiel collapsed; his ragged flesh crossed the borders of insanity long ago.

 

But, he picked himself back up, asking, "This... should be enough... right?"

 

"Yes." 

 

With Ouroboros' confirmation, Kiel coated his remaining left hand with Spear Energy to carve out the handprint he made. 

 

Only the sharpness of his intent helped in cutting the area he struck. There was no strength behind his movement. There was nothing left for him to give.

 

But, he got it after a long process.

 

Instead of keeping it inside the Dimensional Bangle, Kiel carried it with him. Though he wanted to place it inside the bangle, he had no Spirit Energy to use the Dimensional Bangle. 

 

Kiel left for Lily Town with his bloody image. His steps were unorganized, tiny and the dripping blood created a trail. Ouroboros' existence kept his breathing going, and only with determination could he keep his feet functioning.

 

He continued walking and walking until he reached the Town Lord's gates. Kiel was on the other side of the road as he looked over the gates.

 

Staring at the mansion beyond, Kiel moved and then went over the walls. It was already night, but the Town Lord's Manor was still busy and the entire city. Shouting could be heard from afar; combat ensued.

 

Kiel, however, did not care about this as he walked over to one of the posted guards.

 

"Please... tell the disciples of the... Celestial Phoenix Mountain that... my Sister, Ame... requires their help."

 

"Boy, what nonsense are you talking about? Leave now or— me-medic! Someone, call the medic!" the posted guard was tasked with keeping anyone from approaching the Manor, but even he could not keep himself from crying out to help a boy walking out of the darkness caked in blood.

 

***

He rushed into the medical facility of the Manor to be checked. 

 

He was in pain, but his words remained the same before. His intention was to meet the disciples of the Celestial Phoenix Mountain.

 

"I... need to talk... to them... about Ame..." he repeatedly pleaded despite his injuries.

 

He would repeat to them until the guards could no longer just hold him down and had to promise him that they would relay his words to them; only then did he allow the old Physician to examine his condition.

 

Kiel did not fight back, and in the end, the examination ended with nothing to show for. Kiel was fine despite all the blood that he had lost.

 

The old Physician even doubted if it was his blood, to begin with, but Kiel simply answered, "My injuries aren't physical. They are internal, my meridians are ruptured, and my veins damaged." he explained.

 

"Then that is worst!"

 

"No, I will be fine."

 

"You will die..."

 

"I will be fine."

 

"But..."

 

"I am fine."

 

"...okay."

 

The aged Physician averted his gaze from Kiel's. 

 

"I wish to rest; please leave me." he requested.

 

"...Yes." the old Physician didn't have the heart to say otherwise, 'I'm too old for this.'

 

He said as he walked out of the door with the parting words, "Boy... I do not want to help you because you scare me, but... if you need my help, you can always find me."

 

Kiel looked at the old man and nodded, "Thank you."

 

The old Physician finally left the medical hall; he was now smiling with odd satisfaction.

 

Now alone, Kiel chose to lay on the bed he stained with his own blood. He watched the white ceiling, and finally, he closed his eyes to start his recovery.

 

"You stopped the usage of the Incomplete Fifth Step Level Mastery of Palm Energy in time. It didn't cause me much damage. With this and forcing the Spear Heart out of Horus' system, you sustained a massive internal injury… this will take you ten years of recuperation to heal."

 

"A fair penance to pay for my arrogance," Kiel answered.

 

"This too is living, I suppose." The Ouroboros said.

 

If he had Spirit Energy, Kiel would be able to steady his body and even heal up in a manner of five years. 

 

"You could summon Spirit Energy anytime you want. This could have all been avoided if you had just called upon its help. "

 

What Ourorboros speak of was the truth.

 

However, Kiel still didn't plan on using Spirit Energy. By this point, he had no reason not to, but he keeps at it nonetheless.

 

He did not even notice how much of a problem this would post to him, but Kiel did not mind. His principles would remain with him; he had no intention of dipping his pinky into the sea of cultivation.

 

'If I let even a sliver of Spirit Energy in my body… I would soon be dragged back into the life of a cultivator. A life far from the ordinary, a path that is filled with blood and suffering.' Kiel would need a reason as to why he would return.

 

"I thought you abandoned the thought of fighting against the entropy of life?"

 

'I did, but that does not entail allowing myself to go according to the flow of its will. I chose to follow my own path, and I will follow it even if it hurts... it is stubbornness, as I recall.' 

 

"Stubbornness indeed."

 

Aspiration, wishes, a dream, or even passing through may drive him to cultivate once more, but he saw no reason why he would need power.

 

"The Maidens of the Celestial Phoenix Mountain allowed you to meet them."

 

A maid awakened Kiel. His eyes opened, and then, he saw the look of horror the maiden had looking at him.

 

"A-are you okay?" she unknowingly asked.

 

With a groan, Kiel got up and hopped off the bed. His entire body ached, but with a sharp breath, he nodded, "I am, please lead the way."

 

Bloodied and holding a strange imprint, Kiel felt everyone's eyes stabbing into his skin. He should feel something, yet he didn't bother allowing them to bother him.

 

Kiel chose to look around and sensed around three pairs of eyes in the shadows observing his every movement. He ignored them, for their hostility was minima.; 

 

"We're here." the maid said.

 

"Thank you." Kiel extended her gratitude and then his hand.

 

Before the maid could say anything, Kiel had already pushed open the door.

 

Inside, there were two women, the one with the Qipao and robes. They were looking at Kiel; both carried an odd expression seeing his current state.

 

"How are you still alive?" the one in the Qipao blurted out her thoughts.

 

Kiel looked at her with a tilted head, "It's because I am me."

 

The lady in the Qipao's eyebrows twitched, "All that blood, and you're walking fine. And I see not a single scratch on you. Did you use your Sister's name and pull this stunt to get our attention?"

 

"All my injuries are internal, and I don't care to react to your petty provocation." Kiel answered and took a step forward, "Anyway, I have important matters to discuss."

 

The one in the Qipao creased her brows as she watched Kiel take a step inside while disregarding any form of seniority or respect, "Quite brave, aren't you? For you to act so arrogantly and enter without regards, how admirable."

 

The one in the Qipao was clearly incensed. She didn't like Kiel, not one bit. 

 

Kiel realized what he had done and quickly slightly lowered his head to apologize, "Oh, I did not mean to do such a thing… it appears that I am quite agitated. I apologize for my rudeness."

 

The Qipao girl saw this and clicked her tongue. Somehow she found his actions all the more irritating; his every move and mannerism was infuriating to the eye.

 

"This little..."

 

"Mirh, that is enough." The lady in the red robes finally stood up to intervene, "He's Ame's brother; treat your Martial Sister's family with respect."

 

Mirh wanted to say more, but she could do nothing in the face of her Elder Martial Sister. She glared at Kiel one last time and then harrumphed as she decided to back away.

 

'Ever since she entered the Inner Circle, she's been having more outbursts. Someone really ought to humble her.' Ris thought to herself as she once again gave Kiel her full and unbridled attention.

 

He had already entered her radar earlier. But now, he had just become more attractive. 

 

Waltzing into their quarters without an ounce of respect covered from head to toe in blood. It was a first even for her. 

 

At first, Ris thought that Ame must be dying or experienced a blunder in her cultivation. Kiel's calmness tells a different tale otherwise.

 

'He must have something he wants... but his utter disregard of the Sect's name tells me he is not here to beg us to let him enter. That slab isn't exactly helping me understand either.' Ris grew more and more attracted to Kiel by the second, "You are Ame's twin, correct? The one who went to pick her up earlier. They said your name was Kiel, correct?" 

 

Kiel confirmed with a nod.

 

"So, you are our Martial Sister's twin brother. As you are her family, I think it is only due that I should introduce myself." Ris gave Kiel a proper pose and stance. She was twice Kiel's height and thrice his age, but she respectfully lowered her head to introduce herself, "My name is Ris, I am one of the Inner Circle Disciples of the Celestial Phoenix Mountain, and this right here is Mirh, she is an Inner Circle Disciple, like myself."

 

Ris only smiled at his unfeeling expression.

 

"Thank you." Kiel no longer cared.

 

Ris only laughed at the sight of Kiel. She snickered as she said, "You are indeed interesting, Junior Kiel, but that is enough dallying. Tell me, what is wrong with Martial Sister Ame? If it is up to our abilities, we shall do our best and help her."

 

Kiel took a deep breath before choosing to speak, "She's having second thoughts about joining your group because she is afraid of leaving me alone… I want you to come with me and convince her to leave."

 

Mirh sneered at Kiel, "Is that how much you want her out of your life?"

 

Kiel had always been without expression, but as he turned to Mirh, he looked straight into her eyes, and for a moment, even without saying anything, Mirh felt an invisible pressure. He was trying his best to steady his heart as to not start anything.

 

'Emotions have been harder to control.' He took a deep breath and resumed his speech, ignoring Mirh's snide remarks, "She had always wanted to leave our home and go venture the Cultivation World. Our parents just left somewhere far away, and if she leaves now, I'll be alone.

 

"Ame do not want such a thing and is thinking of staying with me until our parents come back. I would agree if our parents only took a simple trip, but… I do not think they'll come back in a few years. I do not want to hinder Ame's dreams. Chaining her with my presence is the last thing I want to do. She has a life; thus, she must live it as her own."

 

Hearing him speak, Ris could not help but feel the same way as she would when standing before an Elder or her Master. The way he carried herself, his calmness, everything not of this world.

 

 

"Then why not go with her in the Celestial Phoenix Mountain? Your temperament is suited well to walk your own path of cultivation."

 

"Senior!? We can't just have a male go there! Only a handful of males can join us every year… do you really wish to use your recommendation to a man who does not even cultivate? Are you going to waste your recommendation for someone like him?" Mirh argued.

 

"Mirh, have I asked for your opinion?" Ris asked with a calm tone, but underneath was a burning fury, "When did you start questioning my decisions?"

 

Mirh was at a loss for words. She searched for anything to respond with, but she came up with nothing.

 

Luckily, an unlikely person decided to help her, "I refuse."

 

Kiel announced with certainty.

 

"I have no interest in walking the path of cultivation."

 

"That's a shame. So, when do you want us to talk with Ame?"

 

"Now, if possible… I feel the city is in a state of unrest. I want her to leave before getting embroiled in this problem."

 

"All right then, lead the way, Junior Kiel... but first, do you mind if you change first? We don't want to elicit any misunderstanding now." a bloody child walking with the maidens of the Celestial Phoenix Mountain, not a good look.

 

Though he thought it was a hassle, Kiel was asking for their assistance. It was the least he could do.

 

While the disciples said their farewells, Kiel cleaned himself.

 

They then left for Kiel's home soon after.

 

Kiel didn't run, and neither did the other two. Silence prevailed all throughout the walk.

 

While walking, Kiel and the other two felt a tremendous amount of Spirit Energy being collected from the surrounding, followed by a beam of white light shooting up, illuminating the night. As Ris and Mirh felt the pressure, they looked at each other and then at Kiel in disbelief seeking answers.

 

"She reached the True Spirit Realm. Do you now see why I do not want her to rot in this place?" Kiel said in nonchalance.

 

When Kiel reached their house, Ame was already on the front lawn, seated in a cross-legged position. She intended to ask him where he went, but she already understood the situation, seeing the two ladies walking behind him.

 

Before Ris or Mirh could speak, Ame already let out a wry laugh, "Did I worry you?"

 

Kiel smiled back, "Well, you did… but it no longer matters. I was simply bothering your Martial Sisters."

 

Kiel turned to Ris, who simply waved her hand to signify that it was okay… she got to watch something rather lovely, so she appreciated this, actually.

 

Even Mirh had no snide to add.

 

Ame laughed, "Nah, you didn't bother them; it was just the right timing. I'm leaving now, I think if I stay here another night, I'll change my mind again… sorry, Kiel, but I'm going heading out as well."

 

Kiel helped Ame up on her feet and then handed her the bloody palm imprint, "This is my last gift to you, Ame… it's incomplete, but it should do fine."

 

Ame was hesitant to receive the palm imprint, but as she touched it, a sense of a burning Hell and a Ravaged Heaven appeared in her mind for a moment. 

 

[What is this called?]

 

[Heaven and Hell Palms — I revised it to match your attribute, it is divided into three levels, master it, and you'll be able to fend off most of the people.]

 

[Thanks, Kiel, but I do not have anything fancy to give you.] Ame kept the handprint in her bangle and then pulled her brother in her embrace, "I'll visit and write you a letter when I can, brother."

 

"I'll see you later, sister."

 

Ame passed by him, and Kiel turned around to watch Ame walk away to pursue her own desires. 

 

Ame walked, and like their parents, she didn't want to turn back. 

 

But, unlike them, she couldn't stop herself and ran back to him.

 

One last time, Ame embraced Kiel squeezing him tightly as she took in a sharp breath, "I'll visit as often as I can and write to you as much as possible that it will suffocate you to death… so… please…."

 

Ame backed away from him, as tears welled up from the corner of her eyes, "… don't get tired of waiting…."

 

She wouldn't admit it outright, but Ame loves the family the world blessed her with. She cherished every moment she spent together with the family who showered her with love and care. 

 

It was especially the case for the brother who had always been there for her.

 

He gave her everything he could and more, taught her martial arts in secret even when their parents were against her desire, even when it was against his own.

 

She didn't want to leave because she was worried how Kiel would feel when everyone he cared for was to leave his side. 

 

He had only wished to care and be cared for, yet now, in a single night, he sacrificed everything for those he loved.

 

[I-I'm sorry for what I said earlier, brother… I… I only wanted to repay you.] Ame said as her tears continued streaming down her face.

 

He risked everything, so they could find the chance to fill their own void. So that they would not regret anything and live as they wish.

 

Ame didn't want to go; she was ready to abandon her ambitions, join him and wait, but, even then.

 

Ame didn't mind. It was the very least she could do for the brother who cherished her, but Kiel thought otherwise.

 

Kiel shook his head, [No, you've already done enough after spending seven years with me.]

 

Ame laughed as she held his forehead to hers, [You won't even let me beat you in this, huh.]  

 

The two were silent; they said nothing aloud, neither did they converse in their mind.

 

Each other's silence was enough.

 

Ame retreated from Kiel, her eyes now filled with fire.

 

"I'll be going to the World of Cultivation, brother."

 

"Show them who's the strongest."

 

"Mm, I'll wreak havoc for your sake as well."

 

Kiel wiped her tears away with a smile, "Go."

 

Ame turned around with a brighter complexion and left with the two. Kiel stood there, watching her slowly disappear from sight, and after a few minutes… she was gone.

 

Kiel… was now alone… once again. 

 

But he didn't feel empty as he did before because even if they were not together, Kiel could tell they were with him.

 

Because for Kiel, separation meant that someone left his life.

 

Unlike in the past, no one left him because no one was there from the start.

 

If Kiel was to be compared to an emptied box of biscuits, crumbs remained. 

 

Fragments. 

 

Emotions.

 

Memories remained.

 

No matter how small and insignificant it may be, it was at least inside his heart.

 

He was no longer a mere void.

 

He entered the house, he was alone, yet he could still feel their presence lingering.

 

He entered the bed he once shared with his Sister, the coldness it has become reminded him that they were gone.

 

"This is fine...."

 

Kiel smiled as he said underneath his breath.

 

"This is... fine...."

 

Once again, he whispered.

 

"This... is... fine...."

 

And another.

 

"This...." until finally he could no longer finish his words.

 

'Huh? What's... this? Tears?' 

 

He wiped them, once, twice, three times... four times... seventeen times...

 

It never stopped, and only that Kiel understood that even when he was no longer a void does not mean he's immune to sadness.

 

Thus, he shed tears... 

 

"Aaaaaaaahhhhhh..."

 

Alone

 

Vol. 1 End

This is the end of a Vol. 1 yes, there wasn't a lot that happened, but as I said, it is a slow-paced story. But I hope you like the story so far and how Kiel is beginning to understand what it means to live.

If you liked the chapter, then help the story by rating it, commenting, or leaving a review for others to discover.

Vol. 2 has not been added to Patreon as of yet, but would be on Sunday, if you wish to support this author, that's a good way, thank you.

11