1. Anomaly Detected
1.1k 3 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“These are the changes we want for the Alpha-K12 build.” As the man said while standing in front of all the men inside the room.

And one of those men is me, John Garl…

I am a renowned scientist who has contributed to the country greatly. From inventing automated robots to big and enormous killing machines I was above and ruled the scientific community.

As I listen to the men inside the building sitting in front of the round table to discuss the upcoming war, I’m here thinking “Why am I here in the first place?”

Oh yeah, that’s right… I agreed to help them make a war machine – crap… I completely forgot about that.

As a child, I always wanted to learn more about the universe. Acquiring more knowledge is what drives me to live and to pursue my career as a scientist, but as I grew and grew humanity have already reached the peak of its existence. Their technological advancements have made them know and learn the secrets of the universe and have colonized the entire galaxy.

Many have thought that at this day and age humanity should have united, live together in peace and harmony but all of it was wrong. The reason why humanity as a whole has reached its limit as a whole is because of the competitiveness and innovation of each nation and factions that drives humanity to where it is now.

Knowledge and information… all of it was taken away from me… What is the purpose of my life now that I’ve already read all of the information on the books? Though I wanted to learn more, nothing beats the experience of finding and witnessing the knowledge myself.

“Will that be possible?” Asked by the same man to me as I blanked out during the whole meeting.

“I- ugh… Of course…” I replied showing my widened eyes due to the surprise.

Anti-matter photons as weapons? Ha! Now I know why I accepted this job.

Although knowledge has already been discovered, unknown discoveries of inventions that I may create may fill the void of my long-lost dream.

“Then… The meeting is adjourned.” As the man said, everyone got up and prepared to walk out of the room, I too follow suit.

As I get out of the large modern building, I saw a black limousine car waiting for me at the front. I walked towards the car and as I about to open it a screen that operates as a hologram showed up – confirming that I should enter inside and showed up a confirmation if it was me by doing a fingerprint scan.

I then got inside and ordered the car to proceed “home” it then drove off…

Behold my marvelous creation! A self-driving car! I was the first man who created such an invention until someone stole the idea and created their own inventions… Welp… That’s how innovation works I guess… stealing ideas and such but no matter! The difference between my automated car and everyone else is that---

“Sir how’s the meeting today?” A womanly voice suddenly asked me a question.

“It went smoothly.” As I said proudly.

Yes, that’s right… This car has a personality! It was possible due to the artificial intelligence machine that I created that’s within my home right now. Every robot that I made including my house has been controlled with this A.I. by connecting it with other devices using my private network. I call her Sarrie – with no particular meaning behind its name, I treat her as my personal assistant!

“But we do have some few major changes with the weapon…” I said to Sarrie as I twitch my eyes looking for a place to look …Well… Since I didn’t give Sarrie a physical form, it really is awkward to talk without facing her, I mean… it’s like facing the seat while talking with Sarrie, it’s like I’m talking to the chair.

“Just as I expected… Knowing them… they want to win in every war…” She said with a cold voice… I do have a plan to change her personality… But I love her sadistic voice so I don’t mind.

“No matter how impossible it is, they want to acquire new power as fast as they can…” She continued.

As time went by, we had arrived at a large gate, which opened after a few seconds.

I looked outside of the window and gave a satisfied smile…

Look at those robots cleaning the garden - twitching their robotic hands as they sweep the ground, watering the plants – by using their hands as watering pot and waving their cute robotic hands at us while driving past them… It makes me proud as their one and true father…

I then got out of the car and said to Sarrie “These are the changes that we’ve discussed earlier…” two holographic screens showed up beside me… I swept the other screen to the other – inserting the screen inside the other then I continued to walk. “Make sure that it will be completed and shipped five months from now…” I ordered her.

“Yes, sir right away!” Sarrie replied with a dedicating voice.

With a short nod while facing the ground – Dammit! I should somewhat give her a bit of an appearance to look at.

I then faced a big mansion in front of me… Painted with white paint and a big brown door as its entrance it automatically opened to welcome its master – ME!

I then walked inside and the door closed…

 

 

Upon entering I see a huge hall with a modern look… Although its exterior looks like it came out from the 20th-century mansion – inside is a full pledge laboratory… With robotic maids lined up at the side facing me, they greeted me as I walked towards the hall…

The walls are metallic and CCTV cameras are pretty much scattered around the area, I’ve built this place to be my home and as the workshop of my weaponry thus making it secure is a logical choice.

I continued to walk towards the metallic sliding door in front of me and upon arriving it automatically opened and then I entered.

What I saw inside made me congratulate my intelligence and power! A huge factory is what I saw inside! With some robots carrying materials and delivering it to a specific place, with gigantic robotic hands welding and creating massive machinery – a factory that I’ve created solely to create new inventions that will satisfy the hole within my heart.

In one section of the gigantic factory, I saw the weaponry that the government told me to create- it shaped like a tank with wheels of such that made it possible to move, a special metal covering the machine that made it durable that gave it's silver faint color and a massive medium sized gun above.

Because of my orders to Sarrie a while back, the gigantic robotic hands destroyed some parts of its structure especially the “gun section” and replaced it with the appropriate materials – I nodded as I watched the process and proceed to enter the room in the far right.

As I entered after the sliding metallic door automatically opened it for me holographic screens started to show filling the entire room with holographic screens and even spawned beside me…

The screens showed me statistics relating to the house, my health, the status of the war and such… It truly is a magnificent room seeing the screens float and watching the statistics change and behave but as I watch it change and move the lights suddenly turned off, the holographic screens were disappearing and the ground shook like a massive earthquake…

“Anomaly detected---” As I hear Sarrie’s voice faint away…

14