3. Power Crisis!
676 6 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“I-is it safe outside?” I asked Sarrie.

“It is...” She said.

With that reply I suddenly run towards the elevator that leads towards the upper floors, rushed towards the exit of the factory, into the hallway that leads towards the door.

“SIR, WAIT FOR US! YOUR SAFETY IS OUR FIRST PRIORITY” As Security Boot Manager left out a cry.

This… This is the moment I waited for! Power grid destroyed with unknown reasons, abnormal changes in the atmosphere and---

As I pushed the giant brown door in which it lets out a creaking sound, light flowed into my face as I forcefully opened the door little by little.

With the sudden brightness I closed my eyes a little and then after a few moments I peaked the outside world that I always wanted to see…

“A world that I haven’t seen before!” I shouted towards the unknown with an open arm to welcome the mysteries of this world… This is truly the moment I waited for!

 

 

 

I slowly started to walk away from the mansion, I looked below and all I see are tiny green grass that I normally see in my planet, but when I start to look at my front all I see are nothing of my home world.

The entire area is filled with trees, trees with strange pattern of circles and triangles embedded in its trunk with roots clinging onto it. As I set my eyes to see the length of the roots going upwards, I ended up seeing the full height of the trees. As I looked above to see the endpoint of the roots, I also saw the green leaves of the trees that covered the view of the sky making the surrounding dark than it is in a normal morning.

“The trees are so big… Bigger than anything I have seen!” I let out a small mutter.

Although scientist have genetically modified how tall a tree can get, a tree can’t be grown this naturally big due to some natural circumstances.

I then put my attention to the surroundings… With strange plants that behaved differently in my world, some plants wiggled like they have some consciousness, some left out a strange voice that you normally hear from an insect and some plants that covered with beautiful color variations and combinations

I widened my arms once again and started to breathe in the air. This smell… is the damp of a planet filled with soil combined with old fallen leaves with strange aromas emitted by different unknown plant species…

“This is refreshing.” As I exhaled the air.

This planet, is not recorded nor had I known any of this, I know because I have read all of the existing textbooks out there. If this was an unknown planet within the galaxy, then I must be the luckiest guy out there!

An unknown planet filled with untapped knowledge… This must be a miracle from a God!

But… I don’t understand how my laboratory suddenly transported to this planet. Was it because of someone? No… That’s not possible, no current technology can handle transporting such mass... In any case! That mystery will be solved later on!

“With so many things to be solved! This may be my luckiest day!” I leaped towards the air as I left out a big smile.

“Good for you, sir, but how will you solve the energy levels first?” As Sarrie showed me a holographic screen containing the remaining energy reserved levels left.

“99 percent…” I said with a low voice while holding my chin.

“Ugh…” I freed my arms and crouched as I felt gloomy from all of this.

“Then exploration comes later! Our survival must be secured!” As I clench my fist with eyes filled with determination. I walked back towards my mansion to fix the number one problem that’s hindering me from exploring the brand-new world… “Power Crisis”

 

 

 

Electricity in its state is hard to manipulate, but easy to find, as long as energy can be transitioned to both states of kinetic and potential you can get its energy and use it for electricity.

From all of these thoughts of how to solve this energy problem, I sat in my chair, watched the holographic screens floating around me in this empty room that I’m in. Located in the second floor, I call this room “Think Tank” with only a single light bulb that lights the narrow room, it is a perfect condition for me to think of new ideas.

“Renewable energy is not possible due to the length of the trees that’s blocking the sky and the insufficient wind that makes it impossible for both solar and wind energy to be extracted.” As I watched the pictures of the outside world from the holographic screens.

In my home world our source of our electricity came from the stars and black holes, so replicating that method here will be okay but...

"I want to do my research as much as possible, I don't want to wait for the machines to fly into the sky and look for such things..." I mutter as I scratched my head looking for the best answer.

What other ways to manipulate energy and use it for electricity? Something that is faster and efficient... Nuclear? Extraction? Oil? Wait.

“If this planet is filled with living organisms… doesn’t it mean that it has fossil oil below?” As I mutter the idea from my head.

That’s right! Oil! The source of electricity in every known civilization in existence! Oil is easy to be extracted and contains lots of electrical power to be manipulated! All hail my brain!

I stand quickly and called out to Sarrie. “Oil is the solution! Sarrie! Oil!” I let out a shout towards the holographic screen.

“A very good solution sir, I haven’t thought about that since we haven’t verified the age of this planet and the effects that it will bring towards the ecosystem.” Sarrie replied.

She might be right, since oil takes years to be processed from dead organisms until it has the condition to be extracted, but this is the only option that is plausible for now.

"The problem with its effect will be taken care of by our modified drilling well." I ensured Sarrie.

“Then... should we send out the grounder bots to search for oil below the ground?” I suggested to Sarrie.

“That's a good suggestion, sir… I’ll reprogram the grounder bots to look for oil.” Sarrie replied back.

“Good!”

I walked out towards the room and walked towards the ground floor towards the factory.

In the factory there is what I call “sections” painted with yellow and black markers below the ground as a form of a boundary, with an area shape of a square in which the machines will be built.

Outside the boundary is a thick metal pole with a touchscreen panel above it – this is where the control panel is located in which you’ll input instructions on what you want to build.

In this case I have to build a mini version of a drilling well, since technology has gone so far to create things that’s convenient for humanity – It is possible for my factory to build such.

But before pressing the “proceed” button I asked Energy Management a question. “Energy Management, I have a question…”

“Yes, brother?” He replied.

“For everything that I build, how much energy will be used?” I asked him.

“In this case brother, if you want to build a mini drilling well it will cost 0.0034 of the energy available and in an average build will cost 0.003 of the energy reserved.” The cute boy voice answered me.

As expected of Energy Management! Calculating and managing the entire laboratory makes life easier!

Then with that information I pressed the “proceed” button and then the machines started to move.

 

 

 

“Sir the grounder bots are ready for deployment.” Sarrie informed me.

“If everything is okay, then deploy them all.” I ordered Sarrie.

As ordered, small circle robots with 8 tiny legs below it, 4 legs on each side with a huge eye in the upper middle of the body, started to move towards the small hole inside the laboratory.

As I looked towards the robots moving towards the hole confirming that it is all complete, I ordered something for Security Boot. “Perform a complete diagnosis of the entire lab if everything is in within the protocols of the system, and order two robots to guard me.”

“SIR, FOR WHAT SIR?!” Security Boot let out a manly shout.

“While waiting for the tiny bots to complete their survey, I on the other hand will explore the outside world!” I said to him while clenching my hands into my chest.

“It’s time to explore the outside world!”

8