4. Weird
592 2 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As the surroundings are as darker than a normal morning because of the leaves from the giant trees covering the skies, with sounds of unknown plants and animals filled the air. I closed my eyes and covered it with my hand and using my other hand, pointed to the ground.

“The first one to be discovered is you!” I shouted with a smile in my mouth.

The first thing that I step outside of my mansion is this grass that I found below, with characteristics that are the same in my home planet – “Bouteloua dactyloides” or “buffalo grass.” It makes me wonder how a plant has been grown if evolution is made through the randomness of nature, that's why I chose this plant as my first subject because of my curiosity.

With me are three robots, two for ensuring my safety and one for analyzing.

I ordered the two robots to analyze the grass below if it is poisonous or not. As robots who ensured my safety, they are programmed to analyze if something is poisonous or not, from living things and to the air surrounding me.

From my orders they touched the ground and stayed that way for half a minute and confirmed that it wasn’t poisonous.

I then got a piece of the grass; I rubbed it with my two fingers and tried to feel its texture…

“It even has the same texture!” I said.

I then called the robot who is at the far back to come near me. A robot whose height is as the same as a child came running towards me, with its white laboratory coat swaying through the winds, as its yellow mask shines by the sun with thin rectangular holes in it to see, as it stomped the ground with its yellow boots. Its name is Neon-Go, this robot is made to secure the materials that have been gathered and is made to quickly analyze the objects received.

As the robot came closer and closer towards me with arms facing frontward and hands opened for it to receive the part of the grass I’m holding, I look at it as a child running towards his father coming back from home.

Why am I still single? I asked myself.

I then give the part of the grass to it and ordered. “Analyze its component and make a comparison between it and the grass back home.” It nods in reply and I patted its head because of its cuteness.

I then continued to walk for about 5 meters and stopped at the front of the tree that I always saw.

This type of tree is common around this area, it has the same color of the trees back at my home, but that’s where the similarity ends. Its trunk is curved upward, and its roots are not in the ground, but instead lies within the trunks. And the tree’s abnormal height gives off a fantasy feel with its strange carvings on it.

I ordered the two robots to do the same on what they did in the grass moments ago and after a few seconds I touched the trunks with my hands.

“I guess wood can be another source of energy.” I did a half smile and a raised eyebrow as I thought of the idea.

“Let’s see how sturdy you are!”  I raised my voice as I pointed towards the tree.

With an automatic response, the robots moved forward and raised their arms towards the tree, I then step to the side for me not to be hit by what they are about to do.

They opened their hands and a hole opened in the middle with light emitted from it, with a sound of an engine gathering its power, a beam of light flowed towards the tree. It seems like this is the end of the tree’s long-lasting life, but---

“What?!” I widened my eyes and left out a cry.

The beam was apparently nullified because of a transparent barrier that’s protecting the tree.

“Lower your weapons” As I opened my hands and doing an up and down motion towards the robots.

“What is this? Is this even a tree?” As I bend over and put my hand towards my chin, analyzing to where the barrier supposed to be.

“It neglects the beam that can slice a human being to pieces.” As I mutter from the surprise.

Then the carvings on the trunk began to be filled with light shining towards my face.

“!” Then suddenly the ground beneath me started to vibrate, I jumped and moved back because of the sudden movement below.

Hands as big as my face with spiked nails started to crawl out of the soil and begins to move upwards revealing its entire body.

“What is this beast?!” With sweats dropping throughout my body, I left out a shout.

A beast that I didn’t know, with a small head, but two big horns besides it, big bulky body with strong muscles, underneath it wears a torn underwear with bulky legs and muscled feet.

With its entire body covered with violet colored skin, with its nose going bigger and smaller and smoke coming out of it. With its hands clenching ready to attack. I stood still, shocked from the gigantic beast.

My body won’t move… I can’t control my body! I tried to move my body to sideways to frontward, but it won’t move an inch. It’s like a strong force holding my body, hindering me to move.

Seeing the situation, the robots changed their gears and changed their hands to machine guns and started to shoot at the beast.

The beast started to touch the ground and with the force of its hands and feet it leaped through the air that left a crack on to the ground and landed behind me.

“What is this!?” As the ground shake from the beast’s landing.

A beast that can withstand a bullet that’s been formed from strong metal component, what is this beast? My mind is now in the state of panic.

The beast opened its mouth and gave out a large roar, birds like beings flew away from the trees they were in as they heard the beast’s intimidating voice.

With their master now in trouble the only option for the robots had is “protocol #896”

With the protocol initiated the robots suddenly vanished in front of my sight. Don’t tell me… They initiated the protocol… Seeing that bullets have no effects and using the beam takes longer to gather its energy, they will rush towards the enemy and collide with it and release an energy as twice as much energy of a bomb.

They could've carried me away and rushed towards the mansion. I thought of the idea, but it was all too late.

The robots rushed towards the beast as they avoided the beasts attack, swinging its bulky hands from left to right, with its quick movements they hugged the beast, one at the back and the other at the side.

The Neon-Go who’s on the side rushed towards me and poked at my white lab coat while looking at me.

“I c—t m—e…” As I desperately tried to move my mouth to inform the tiny robot that no matter what I do “I can’t move.”

Seeing the robots that are about to explode, Neon-Go raises me and carried me with its arms away from the beast.

The beast tried to grab the robots away, but the robots crawled throughout its body to avoid its bulky hands.

And after a few seconds, the robots exploded. A sound of a blast heard throughout the surroundings, the grass beneath the beast incinerated and nearby plants waved with the strong wind.

The ground trembled as the beast lay its body towards the ground. Cracks around its skin started to show, with tiny circle fragments going out away from the inside.

It seems the beast is now defeated with the cost of letting the two robots go to a suicide explosion.

I saw the explosion as Neon-Go used its hands holding at my coat near the neck as he dragged me towards the mansion… I guess exploration day one has ended?

 

 

 

A small white furry creature with its long ears and little nose twitching in search for food, turned its head from the left and to the right and saw a fruit beneath the large tree.

“Thwice thir is!” He said as he used his legs to leap towards the tree.

He grabbed the small red fruit shaped like a perfect circle.

Using his hands, he moved the fruit right in front of its nose, his nose twitches as he closed his eyes.

“Twis is delicious it is!~ Smelly good!” He said as he left a smile, but just as he leaps away from the tree, the carvings on the tree began to shine, the ground began to shake under him and a giant beast appeared from the ground with two horns besides its head.

The small white furry creature is now sitting at the top of the head of the beast.

“I has doomed.” He said.

 

 

 

“Master, I have something to inform you…” Sarrie informed me as I lay down on the bed resting from what happened earlier.

I looked at Sarrie with half-opened eyes and she continued. “There is something I want to report to you about the analysis of the grass that you wanted to analyze.”

“Give me a very, very, very short summary.” I said to Sarrie as I said it like I’m out of breath from running…

“We’ve discovered an unknown but very weird element from the plant.” Sarrie said.

Unknown… Element?

I quickly rose up from my bed and faced at the holographic screen that Sarrie showed me.

6