5. Dimensions
551 3 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“The element on which I have identified is unknown, I even checked through all of my databases,” Sarrie informed me.

I am currently inside of the observing room on the second floor. Inside the observing room is a circular silver metallic podium on which at the top resides a protective cylinder with see-through glass that let me see the piece of the plant that I picked statically floating inside.

“Are you sure you have checked all the databases? Maybe some of it is left on our original planet.” I said as I chuckled a little. A little joke may cleanse my traumatic experience earlier.

“Security Boot has analyzed the entire laboratory and not one of my databases have been harmed.” She replied.

“Hmm… Tell me the details of this element that you have discovered.” I ordered Sarrie.

“It is a chemical element, that has a weird behavior, unlike any chemical that humanity has ever discovered.” She said as text started to appear in the glass of the cylinder.

“The new chemical element is weird because apparently, it circulates inside of the plant.” She continued.

A chemical that circulates inside? Normally a chemical can only freely roam around inside a volume unless a certain type of pressure is controlling its movements, but I don’t have any knowledge about a plant controlling a certain type of chemical… unless—

“I’ve analyzed it further and apparently, there is no existing cell within this plant that has the capacity to move the unknown chemical.”

 “What’s weirder is this sir…” Inside of the cylinder is a small robotic hand with a sharp spike at the middle, it moved forward toward the plant and tore the side of it, then the plant began to shine and began to expel small colored white circle fragments at the side.

“What are these fragments?!” I told Sarrie as I raised my voice while holding the circular metallic podium.

“These are apparently the unknown chemical sir…” Sarrie answered.

“So, this isn’t a chemical but matter!” I said

“No, it isn’t sir, try to look at this.” As Sarrie said, the same robotic hand released a continuous lightning zap towards the floating fragments.

In concept, this electrical zap will break the bonds of chemicals the made up a matter or substance, but as I continuously watched the robotic hands zap the fragments one after another, the fragments didn’t break apart nor does it show its components.

“This is beyond our logical understanding! It doesn’t make any sense!” As I said while scratching my head.

“Can you touch it?” I asked Sarrie.

To answer my question, the robotic hand moved towards the fragments and moved through it.

“You can but it just moved through it, and apparently it doesn’t change the physical appearance of the chemical,” Sarrie said.

“Impossible!” As I raised my voice.

This is getting interesting! As frustrated as I am right now, this is just to show how excited I am to learn more about this unknown chemical.

“There is more to it sir…” As she said, the ground beside the podium started to open and a new metallic podium and an empty protective cylinder started to ascend from the ground.

The empty cylinder started to extend its cap showing a black plastic tube moving towards the other cylinder’s cap. Then after locking it to the other side, the small fragments began to be sucked towards the other side, one by one.

As the tube continuously suck the fragments, the other fragments that are already at the other side began to slowly form a shape that looks like the piece of the plant that they come from.

When all of the fragments have been sucked towards the other side, the plant began to change its color to brown and the texture of its appearance began to be dry and rough.

“The plant is dead after sucking the fragments huh… Does the cell of this plant needed this chemical to live?” I asked Sarrie.

“Maybe… As it’s already impossible for such a piece of a plant to live this long without water.” Sarrie answered.

That’s right! Its already been hours since I removed the piece from its original state.

“There is also something that I want to inform you, sir,” Sarrie said.

“Tell me,” I replied.

“Remember about the information I reported about the oxygen level exceeding to one hundred percent?” Sarrie told me.

I widened my eyes and sweat began to flow towards my forehead…

“Did some parts of the laboratory exploded?” I raised my voice.

In a planet on which the levels of oxygen exceed to one hundred percent, the flammability will increase, just by lighting a small lighter will set the world to a living hell.

“That’s where you see this new chemical to action, sir… As security Boot analyzed the entire laboratory, it has found a large amount of the new chemicals at the Chemical Waste Production Room.” Sarrie said.

The Chemical Waste Production Room is the room on which the chemicals that the robots secrete will be fused inside of this big room to create useful empty batteries for new robots to use. The process usually involves heating the chemicals within the tube, as the result of the process – a blazing fire gets out at the far back of the laboratory.

“I analyzed the fire and the result is that; the new chemicals started to create a barrier like, form to the fire and in such making the fire blue instead of red.” She continued.

“So, what you’re saying is that because of this new chemical, it avoids the fire that was currently excreting to setting this planet on fire?” I said to Sarrie.

“Apparently, yes.” She replied.

So, it gets attracted to fire? But how do you explain it getting inside of the plant… When you look at it, its behavior doesn’t have a certain type of pattern or signs, like if it only attracts to fire then the surrounding chemicals will go towards the source of the fire, but as seen in the plant—

My legs started to let loose, as my eyes started to close and my surroundings blurry.

“Sir!” Sarrie let out a cry as robotic hands catch my falling body.

“I… Need to… Learn more…”

 

 

 

I suddenly see my self inside of an operating room, with an old lady lying in the hospital bed. She looked at me with teary eyes as she smiled at me, she holds my hands and said.

“It’s okay son… You can start now.” The woman said.

No not this dream again, no! NO! Stop… Stop!!!

“Close your eyes and try to move your hands.” The voice of a man suddenly talked to me.

“Doctor?” I said as tears started to come out from my eyes.

“If you ever had this dream again, remember my voice and do what I say, ‘Close your eyes and try to move your hands’…’” He continued.

I tried to close my eyes and moved my hands, but as expected of a dream I can’t fully control it.

The robotic hands at the top started to extend its arms towards the woman. The robotic hand pointed its needle towards the chest and pierce through it.

I suddenly closed my and clenched my hands as blood squirted into my face.

“Mom…” I said with a low voice, As I slowly opened my eyes and began to look around at my surroundings. Cracks formed around at my surroundings, with white light started to come out. The floor beneath me started to shatter and I end up falling from the sky.

Thin clouds hit my face with strong air resisting my fall, I stretched my arms and widened my feet. I looked below and saw a flat hill below.

A few moments later I collided with the ground below, it doesn’t hurt nor did my bones break for in this world I don’t feel pain.

Every time I lucid dream, I always ended up in this state, normally I roam around to see what my dream has in store for me, but this time it is different, I saw a large crowd of humans surrounding me.

I got up and started to look around, men and women from all ages stared at me with cold eyes.

“Why are you here? I don’t remember meeting you all.” I said to them.

It is normal for you to dream about others if you see them or just by looking at them even if you don’t know them, but this level of detail and accuracy made me wonder if I ever met them before.

“It is us who are supposed to answer that question to you.” as the voices of men and women, young and old mixed together.

“What do you mean?” I said.

“When someone fully controlled their dreams, one can communicate the remnants of souls within ‘Maretia’ and access the knowledge and wisdom to those who are fallen.” They said.

Thanks for the suggestions brain! From now on, on this planet that I’ve discovered will be called “Maretia” Wait… Souls…? People…? Impossible! There are no people on this planet.

“Oh please, there is no intelligent species like humans in this planet,” I said as I chuckled

“You may be skeptical about this, but it is true… There are humans and other beings in this world.” They said.

“What nonsense!” I raised my voice.

 “Humans lived and breathe in this world, including the persons who summoned you in this world.” They said.

“Summoning? That’s crazy talk! There is no such thing as summoning!” I said as I moved my hands going up and down facing them.

Wow… I’m having fun talking to these people, the amount of detail and attention that’s been given from my brain is amazing!

“In your dimension it is, but in this dimension, it’s possible.” They said.

“Okay… what does this all mean?” I said.

 “In your original universe, you lived in a third dimension, a dimension on which you can see and experience the three characteristics of your universe; Time, Matter and Space. You can see the effects of time, you can see the physical appearance of matter and you experienced space as you ‘third’s’ lived within the space of your universe. As beings lived in the Third Dimension, you can also manipulate the characteristics of the universe. ‘What can be seen, can be changed.’ That’s the saying goes.” They explained.

Ooh! I didn’t expect my brain to make up impromptu lore about the universe! Ha! This is just to show how intelligent I am!

“But now you are living inside of the fourth dimension, a dimension on which you can see and experience the fourth characteristics inside of this universe. Time, Matter, Space, and Magic. Magic is the result of Mana being manipulated by ‘will’.”

 Magic? What a coincidence! The description fits in nicely on how magic works in fantasy books and novels, except for that “will” part. I think my brain is messing with me.

“Woah, Woah! That’s enough brain! This doesn’t make any sense now!”

“You still don’t believe us?” They asked.

“I mean, what kind of person will believe from the stuff that the people in your dreams will say? Magic, summoning that’s all nonsense!” I said.

“Then what will we do to make you believe us?” They said.

“I don’t know…” I said.

“Aren’t you what people call a ‘scientist’, right? A person who studies and learns about the unknown.” They asked me.

“Yes, that’s right…” I replied.

“As a scientist shouldn’t you suppose to accept theories even though you think that it’s impossible, right?”

“Correct…”

“Now how will you react to our explanation now, with this context?”

They have a point.

“Okay… okay, I get it! Just… Just give me a sign in the real world, and if it is true then I might consider it!” I said as I exasperated my breath.

 “Alright then… When you wake up, go outside of the mansion, while facing the east, walk about five kilometers away, you will see a similar beast that attacked you earlier, you can see the beast attacking a creature that you normally call rabbits.” They said.

“Okay…” I responded.

“If you save the creature, you can learn more about how this world works.” They continued.

“Attack it?!?” I raised my voice and opened my hands.

I’m going to attack it?!? Just as I was about to be cured by my trauma.

“Don’t be worried, for one of your servants have already figured out a solution.” They said.

“If our predictions are correct, you will see that what we say up to now is true…” They continued

As the surroundings around me began to twirl the people surrounding me, began to say. “Come back to us again by controlling your dreams, ask us anything after you proved that we and everything that we say is true and not something that your brain normally makes!”

9