6. Magic
378 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I slowly opened my eyes and slowly rose up from my bed as I yawned and stretched my hand.

 

“Back then… Was it truly a dream?” I said.

 

But then I remembered the words that the people said in my dreams “We will send forth a sign”

 

I will certainly not believe nor follow what the people in my dreams will say, of course only a lunatic or a mad man will do that but there is something on what they say that makes it believable.

 

The fact that I was suddenly transported without any reasons nor logic behind it makes me want to consider the concept of “Magic.” Just as they say a scientist is supposed to collect information from both sides whether or not you think it is the truth or not.

 

With this in my mind, I put both of my feet on to the ground and started to walk towards the door. as I slowly reached towards the door, it automatically slides open for me to exit.

 

I then walk the halls in my laboratory thinking what to do next. Part of the signs is to attack the beast that attacked me earlier. The problem was that I was somewhat traumatized by the sudden attack.

 

I wasn’t attacked like that before, so it is to say that it was my first-time experience that kind of event.

 

But what reassured me is that they predicted that one of my assistants have already learned a way to defeat the beast and I think that the assistant that they are referring to is the Security Boot Manager.

 

I program Security Boot Manager to analyze and to learn its previous battles.

 

“Why didn't I think of this?!” I thought to myself. Maybe I was too much occupied by the recent events.

 

As I continuously walk through the halls, a holographic screen suddenly showed at my side showing a color gray halo ring, then Sarrie started to talk to me. The halo-like figure started to change its shape as she talked. “Sir is it ok for you to be walking right now? aren't you supposed to be resting?”

 

A while back, I decided that whenever I talk to Sarrie, a holographic screen will be shown and be manifested by a gray holographic screen, because of the awkwardness when I talk to Sarrie,

 

I then replied to her “It's okay, it was just a small occurrence… I was just been overwhelmed by the recent discoveries.”

 

I then look to the holographic screen and started to ask “What is the probability that the concept of magic exists in this world?”

 

Sarrie then replied to me saying “The probability is 30 percent, sir…”

 

“30 percent…” so there is a slight probability that magic exists in this world, but why does my rational and logical artificial intelligence think of this probability? To confirm this, I asked, “Why do you think of that possibility?”

 

“By collecting various variables, from the fact that the laboratory was suddenly transported into another world plus the additional discovery of the new strange composition adds up to the probability that magic might be the cause of all of this.” She said.

 

“Have you’ve considered any sort of explanations why we are suddenly in this world?” I asked.

 

“I have two, sir… One is by a phenomenon called "Space Distortion" and the other is what you said, Sir… And that is, magic.”

 

Yes… The other explanation to all of this might be what we call “Space Distortion.” There is this occurrence in the universe in which some parts of space will be ripped and the mass surrounding it will be sucked and will be transported into another part of the universe.

 

But if we are truly transported into another planet caused by "Space Distortion" then explain why this planet inhabits strange behaviors that we haven't seen before, plus this strange component that broke the laws of the universe.

 

“So, what you are saying that because of these strange happenings in this planet made you think that we are transported not within our universe but somewhere else,” I said.

 

“Yes sir…” she said. I nodded as I considered the thought.

 

And then I ordered Sarrie. “I want to speak to Security Boot Manager.”

 

“Right away, Sir…” She said.

 

“SIR! WHAT DO YOU NEED SIR?!” a voice of an old man raised his voice.

 

I then asked Security Boot Manager. “Have you figured out a way to effectively destroy the beast that attacked me earlier?”

 

“SIR YES SIR! I COLLECTED THE INFORMATION AND RUN SIMULATIONS LAST NIGHT.” He said.

 

“Calm down old man… There is nothing to be excited about.” I said to myself.

 

How did the people in my dreams realize that my assistant can do such things? but then the idea hit me, maybe it was all a dream, maybe my memories gave my brain some information about Security Boot Manager and its functions, because as the saying goes “If you don't know the answer then let your dreams answer that question.”

 

“Then explain it to me in details on how are we going to eliminate the beast, as I am going to prepare myself,” I ordered Security Boot Manager.

 

“WILL DO SIR!” Security Boot Manager said as he raised his voice.

 

I then entered the comfort room. Inside the room is what you normally see, a mirror, a sink, a shower, and a bathtub. I then walked towards the sink and said.

 

“I want to brush my teeth.” Then robotic arms with a toothbrush at its tip started to move towards my mouth and started to brush my teeth.

 

“SIR! AS I ANALYZED THE FIGHT YESTERDAY, GUNS AND RELATED WEAPONS OF GUNS ARE NOT EFFECTIVE TOWARDS THE MONSTER!” He said.

 

Damn right that is… It was totally impossible for such a beast to be immune to such bullets. They were made by the hardest metal known to man and no known carbon-based life forms can deal with such damage.

 

“BUT SURPRISINGLY THE ONLY WAY TO KILL THE BEAST IS TO HAVE A NEARBY OBJECT TO BE EXPLODED WITHOUT ANY LOGICAL REASONS AT ALL!” He said.

 

It is indeed surprising… Because no matter which it is, explosions or the hardest bullet. Both can deal a lot of pain to the receiver, especially that a simple bullet has the chance to penetrate inside. Might as well consider, that the bullet can deal more damage than a simple explosion.

 

After I was done brushing my teeth, I then proceed to take off my clothes and enter the shower.

After entering it, the shower automatically sprinkled some water into my body as the shower curtains automatically covered me.

 

“THUS, I HAVE CREATED A MACHINE THAT CAN LAUNCH A PROJECTILE THAT EXPLODES!” he continued.

 

Why didn’t think of that idea?… Gosh! How stupid of me!

 

“THE EXPLOSIVE WILL BE EXPLODED IN A SHORT TIME THUS I HAVE PROGRAMMED THE MACHINE TO CALCULATE THE DISTANCE AND THE TIME FOR THE EXPLOSION FOR IT TO HAVE AN EFFECTIVE WAY TO ELIMINATE THE BEAST!” he said.

 

“That is indeed brilliant, Security Boot Manager!” I said as I smiled as water drips into my mouth.

 

After taking a shower, robotic arms that are holding a towel started to wipe my skin, following that is another set of robotic hands that are holding the clothes that I will wear.

 

After wearing my clothes, I said to Security Boot Manager. “Then show me the machines that you have built.”

 

“YES, SIR YES!” He raised his voice.

 

I walked down towards the first floor where the factory is located and saw the machine that Security Boot Manager created.

 

“THERE IT IS SIR!” He said.

 

The machine is shaped like a metallic cannon, but the difference between it and a regular canon is that instead of having four mounted regular wheels attached. It has what is called a “continuous track,” that makes it possible for the machine to move, more like a tank and at the edge of the cannon, there is a rectangular bump that makes it possible for it to recognize the surroundings.

 

Hmm… what should we name this brand-new machine? I pondered a bit and then arrived a name for it to be called.

 

I smiled and said. “Cannon Blaster!”

 

“SIR! WILL THAT BE ITS NAME?” Security Boot Manager asked.

 

“Yes!” I said.

 

I look at the holographic screen at my side and said. “We will begin the second day of our expedition! Bring the appropriate number of cannon blasters, some security robots and one Neo Go.” I ordered Security Boot Manager.

 

“YES, SIR YES!” he said as he raised his voice.

 

“I’ll go back in the second floor for me to be equipped with armor,” I said to him before walking towards the second floor.

 

“WE WILL ALL BE WAITING!” He said.

 

I then walked towards the armory room on the second floor. As I entered inside, I saw different types of armor stacked on different shelves. The room is filled with different kinds of armor that I have created. This room was intended for military officials to request a certain type of armor or even choose a pre-made one.

 

I stated the armor that I wanted to wear. “Harden Plask” and then a holographic screen showed up with a confirmation button, I then clicked “Proceed.”

 

Harden Plask – it is an armor vest that automatically hardens a part where the hostile object is going towards and can even change its temperature to suit the user's needs.

 

As robotic arms started to attach the armor into my body, I then thought to myself. “Why didn’t I wear an armor before I did an expedition yesterday?” Maybe I was too excited and ignored the fact that there might be hostile beings on this planet.

 

After equipping myself with armor, I then proceed to the hall leading towards the exit and saw the robots that Security Boot Manager has sent for this expedition, there is a total of 4 cannon blasters, 2 security robots and 1 Neo Go.

 

As I was about to go near the robots, Sarrie suddenly reported to me. “Sir! I have a piece of important news to report to you!” She said.

 

“And what may that be?” I said.

 

“The grounder bots have discovered oil!" She said.

 

By this statement, my eyes widened.

 

This might be the happiest news that I have discovered from the time that I was transported in this world! And oil is apparently right below the laboratory!

 

From all of the places on this planet, oil is just right below us! I didn't expect many dead organisms within this place of the laboratory, but maybe there is some kind of history behind this…

 

Let’s not dwell in this matter that much… Although I am very happy with this news… There might be a bigger news story for me to uncover, once I am done with this second expedition.

 

“We will deal all of this after I come back,” I told Sarrie.

 

“Okay, sir…” She replied.

 

I then continued to walk, passing the other robots and finally arriving at the front of the door. I closed my eyes and began to inhale air and then exhale it.

 

Moments later, I opened my eyes and said as I raised my voice. “Open the doors! Our second expedition will start!”

 

“Yes, sir good luck!” Sarrie said before opening the doors.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

As light shines unto my face as the door reveals the outside little by little, it is time for me to learn the truth.

 

I faced to the east and followed what the people in my dreams have said. “walk for about 5 kilometers.” From this, I started to walk as my robots followed me behind my back.

 

We continued to walk and walk and finally reached our destination. I looked around at my surroundings to see if there is something happening nearby but all I see was nothing only an abundance of trees and strange plants.

 

As I left out a sigh because of the disappointment the ground suddenly vibrates. I paused a little and observe my surroundings. I looked down below to see if the beast will show up but there is none. I then heard the sound of a beast shouting. I then look straight and saw what I didn’t expect to see.

 

My eyes widened from what I've seen. There are two figures that I was searching all along!

 

I saw the beast that attacked me yesterday and surprisingly there is a white furry bunny like creature!

 

How can this creature exist in this world? Just like the trees and the grass are alike in the plants back home, how can such organisms exist and evolve? Then it hit me, the people in my dreams said that magic exists in this world. if it does what I think it does then that means… Everything that happened so far is because of magic!

The people in my dreams were right! Everything that they have said was true!

 

I wanted to observe what will happen next but currently, I am too far away from them… I then saw a nearby bush ahead and rushed towards it, I hid behind the bush and peaked at the situation.

 

The beast keeps on shouting as the bunny like creature turns its head from left to the right to see a way to escape as it breathes heavily from the pressure.

 

The creature then implants both of his hands on to the ground and started to grab the portion of the soil and lifted it up. The beast once again shouted towards the rabbit-like creature.

 

It then throws the soil it was holding towards the creature, but as the soil was about to hit the creature, the creature using its two-legged feet jump high as it can and avoided the soil, it then landed to the right.

 

He raised both of his furry hands and white particles suddenly became visible on the surroundings and move towards at the top of its hands and began to form a white circular form.

 

“Just like the strange particles that we have discovered!” I said to myself.

 

Then the rabbit began to raise its voice and said. “FiraBalli!”

 

I opened my mouth widely and widen my eyes. “This creature can speak?!” I said quietly. Then again there is magic in this world that made this possible. Woah! What’s this? Believing just because of magic? It’s like my rational and logical thinking has begun to shut down.

 

After the rabbit said those words, it pointed the circular white form towards the beast and then red flaming balls started to rush towards the beast.

 

“Amazing so magic can do such a thing!” I said to myself.

 

But as this hot flaming balls continuously hit the beast it seems that the beast was not affected by it. The beast once again left out a shout.

 

“The beast was not affected by it… Too bad, the bunny-like creature might die…” I said to myself, but then I remembered what the people in my dreams said. “Save the beast.”

 

“Crap! I was too much absorbed on what happened so far that I nearly forgot about the freaking sign!” I said to myself. From this I started to stand, I then saw the bunny like creature looking at me while opening its mouth and I started to point towards the beast and raised my voice as I said. “Attack!”

 

The cannon blasters started to drive towards the bunny like creature and surrounded it, as the rest of the robots stayed by my side.

 

The Beast inhaled a large amount of air as his chest began to increase and shouted a large roar. I covered my ears for it was too loud. It was like five megaphones shouting “aarrgghhh” with a deep voice.

 

After the beast shouted the cannon blasters are already done calculating when to shoot and started to eject the projectile.

It was too fast for the beast to know what is going on and moments after the projectiles exploded one by one.

 

A large amount of smoke covered the beast because of the explosions. The cannon blasters halt its shooting for seeing that this is already enough for the beast to be taken out. As it has predicted the body of the beast fell down towards the ground as it vibrates upon impact.

 

“Finally!” I said as I raised my voice. I’ve finally conquered my fear of this beast! And I can be assured that my canon blaster will take care of all of this in the future!

 

I then heard something that is jumping towards me at my back. After a short while, I felt something that is grabbing my pants below, I then looked below to see who was grabbing it.

"This appreciate what thou did!" the rabbit-like creature said.

 

English?... English?! Even English exists here! I would be disappointed if my head didn’t literally explode from the shock.

I then crouched and patted his head and said: “It’s alright!” As I smiled.

 

Let’s leave the English thing behind… As I decided to ask something.

 

“Can I ask you a question?” I asked.

 

“Though proceed!” The rabbit said.

 

Though its manner of speaking is strange… but what the heck, as long as I can gather as much information as possible then I’ll take the inconvenience!

 

“Does magic exist in this world?” I said.

 

The rabbit looked at me and said. “Affirmative.”

 

Ever wondered why this scientist haven't analyzed and try to discover new things on this new world that he was transported in? He even told us that he loves to learn more, but reading the story so far, we haven't even learned a bit...

Hoh hoh hoh! That's where your wrong! In fact he already sent out different robots to investigate this new world! It's just that it's not included in the story!

For that here's an announcement!:

Every Saturday! I will be releasing a side-story featuring details and knowledge about this new world!!!

Stay tuned for the next chapters!

4