7. Village
321 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Affirmative,” the rabbit said.

I clutched both of the creature shoulders and stare to him deeply and said. “Affirmative? As in yes? Like YES?! YES?!”

The rabbit stared on to my face as his eyes widened and moved its furry head up and down at high speed.

It’s true! It’s true!!!

I stand up and jumped like an idiot and raised my voice as I put my hands in the air. “Wooohoo! Magic is real! Magic is real!”

I didn’t know what made me happy this much. Was it because of the concept of Magic is real? – Yes, that’s right! Magic is the reason why I’ve felt like this! Imagine what sort of applications that you will do with magic! Flying cars without electricity, Unbelievable weaponry to be created! With these things that I imagined, I said to myself. “I can’t wait to learn more about magic!”

As I continuously jumped with a smile onto my face, I then heard a cracking sound behind me.

“What was that?” I said as my eyes widened.

I stopped what I was doing and slowly looked at the back.

I pointed at the beast’s body as I raised my voice. “What is happening!!?”

Cracks suddenly started to form around the beast’s body as white particles started to flow out of it.

“Just like what happened to the plant at the lab!” I shouted.

As the white particles flow out of the beast’s body the skin of the beast’s started to transition its color from violet to gray.

“Demon has start to walk go the ground!” The creature said.

“What do you mean?” I ask the creature.

“When life has ended, the mana inside will join forces with Maretia.” The creature answered.

But what about the piece of the grass that I brought to the lab? Wasn’t it supposed to be like what happened to the beast now? But instead, it started to form cracks after tearing the piece. And mana? Like mana as in what the Polynesians believed? “The more I learn the more questions I will ask huh?” I thought to myself.

I think deeply to these questions that I have thought. I looked at the rabbit that is looking down at this squashed red fruit below him.

“This creature can be a nice lab rat to be researched on,” I said as I stared at the creature’s body.

“Heh… Heh…” I laughed a little as I left out a half smile.

There aren’t any research etiquettes in this world, right? As I thought about the idea, the rabbit suddenly said. “Our food. It has destroyed!”

That’s its food? Really? For having this kind of body and has a lot of agility and stamina, it would be impossible for it to be alive and survive!

“Then again, Magic exists in this world,” I said to myself.

I crouched in front of the rabbit and asked. “’ Our’ food? You mean this fruit can sustain a whole family?”

“Not family, but village!” said the creature.

“Wait… Do you have a village? Like you made the village and live there?”

The rabbit nodded in reply.

A village? A freaking village!? They have the intelligence and creativity to create a village? And this food can sustain them? Was it again because of… Magic?

“God! I should stop this mannerism on thinking that magic is the answer to all of this!” I said to myself.

“This food on village! But all cannot live like this.” The creature said as tears started to come out from its eyes.

Eh… I thought that magic can sustain them by making the fruit larger, but magic might have some limitation to it or maybe didn’t know about such things.

“Not many fruit for other to live, for fruit under the tree that call on demons.” The creature said.

“Hmm… so this fruit exist below these trees?” I said as I pointed the tree behind us.

The creature nodded.

So that’s why this creature was attacked by the beast. “So, touching the parts of the trees can spawn a beast like that?” I said to myself. “I should tell this information to Security Boot Manager”

I started to stand and look at the cannon blasters at the side and said. “Gather fruits like this as many as you can,” I said as I pointed the fruit that was below the tree.

Because of my orders, robotic hands started to come out of each side of the cannon blasters and the cannon blasters started to roam around the forest.

“Don’t worry little one!” As I lift my head, pump out my chest and pointed my thumbs around my chest, I then continued. “For this fella right here will get as many fruits for your whole village!”

I consider these creatures to be research subjects in the future, so I need to do as much as I can for these creatures not to be extinct.

Explosions and roaring of the beast are started to be heard around the forest as the ground continues on shaking.

The rabbit started to stand straight and looked around the forest.

“Don’t worry! My servants are strong!” I smiled towards the creature. “We will be safe,” I said.

After a few minutes, I then heard the sound of wheels coming near us.

“They’re here…” I said.

The cannon blasters started to gather around us as they were holding the fruits that they’ve gathered in their hands. The reason why it was easier for them to move without letting the fruits fall towards the ground was that their fingers can stretch as long as 12 meters.

The creature opened its mouth and tears started to fall from its eyes.

“So how about this? Can this support your village?” I said.

I brought 4 cannon blasters in this expedition and each machine can carry up to 20 fruits in both hands so there might be a total of 80 fruits that they’ve gathered.

“Sure for us?” the creature said while looking at me with its teary eyes.

“Of course!” I said as I smiled.

The rabbit then jumped towards my legs and started to hug me and said. “Gratitude! Gratitude!”

I then patted its furry head and said. “Then… Show me to your village! We will carry this all and give it to the others!”

“Okay!” The rabbit said as it raised its voice.

Oh right! I’m about to see the impossible! A village made by these creatures will be an awesome sight to see! What kind of houses did they build? What kind of society do they have? This is the reason why I’ve been born in the first place! To learn more about the things around me!

“This path!” The rabbit said while pointing.

I don’t know where I am going, but… no need to fret me! For my robots can memorize the locations and paths that can lead us back to where we came from!

Moments have gone by and we’ve arrived in our destination.

“Here!” The creature said.

I looked around and haven’t seen any houses nor creatures. The only thing that I see is a large bush in front of us. “Maybe this creature is hallucinating because of its loneliness!” I thought to myself.

“Follow!” the creature continued.

“Oh…” I then followed the creature inside the large bush.

As I push away the leaves in front of me as I continued to walk forward, I then got out inside the large bush and saw this site that I haven’t seen before!

I widened my eyes as this word started to escape through my mouth. “Beautiful.”

I saw furry white creatures talking to each other and some are walking and jumping in the ground. I then looked at the trees and saw wooden platforms that were tied that surrounds the trunk using a rope, there are also small houses in these wooden platforms. As I continued to look around this village with small rays of light that filled the entire area, I then said to myself “This is truly ‘magical’.”

“Follow me! give fruit to the leader!” the creature said.

I nodded in reply.

As I followed the creature towards the center, the creatures suddenly stopped what they were doing and started to stare at me and the robots behind me.

Amazing! Amazing!! These creatures can do such things! This wooden platforms around the trunks that they have made is built with the precise measurements of the circumference of the tree! Not even mere apes can do! And… and… these small houses are like those dog houses back home! How intelligent are these creatures?!?

As I admired everything in this village the creature that I was following suddenly spoke to me and said. “This is thy leader home!” I saw a large tree in front of me in which the creature pointed upwards, towards the platform at the top in which lies a small home.

A creature started to come out of the small house and looked below us and said. “You, Krim there?” The creature said.

“It is leader!” The other creature replied.

The creature smiled and started to jump at the platforms surround the trunk. It then reached below us and started to jump towards the other creature in front of me and hug it.

“You survived!” The creature said. The creature looked at me and said. “Brought human?”

“It is I, your majesty!” I said as I put my right hand at my stomach and bent my upper body. What am I doing?!

“No, no… raised your head!” I did what it told me to do and it continues to say. “What brings here in our humble domain?”

The creature then replied towards the leader “This saved! and get food for village!” the creature said.

I then moved to the side and the cannon blasters behind me started to slowly drive forwards.

“This... is…” The leader said as it opens its mouth.

“I heard from the creature about the situation on your village, thus I did the initiative and gathered as many fruits as possible,” I said.

“A-amazing! Amazing!” The leader said as tears started to flow out from its eye. The creatures surrounding us began to cry and some started to jump and shout for joy.

“How thoughtful of you human! Not only did you save Krim! But also gave us food for us to survive for the next days to come!” The leader said as it wipes the tears onto its face.

So, the creature that I saved is named Krim?... They even have names?!?

“Gratitude!” all of the creatures surrounding us said to me.

 

 

 

 

 

The leader has ordered everyone to continue what they were doing as it invites me at the edge of the village to talk about my reward for doing all these things. I also ordered the robots to stay at the entrance of the village to wait for my command.

“We are truly thankful for what you did!” The leader said.

I scratched my head and said. “It was nothing.”

So, this leader can speak fluently in English unlike the rest huh? Hmm… I want to know why…

“Do you know who we are?” The leader asked.

“No,” I said.

“As expected, it had been a long time since the last time humans communicated to our species.” The leader said.

“What do you mean,” I said.

“You see… Long ago this forest was filled with many animals and monsters that walked among these lands. Races among ages walked and hunt around this forest. Along the way, the races have started to made contact with other villages such as ourselves - the Makenomen species. It was truly a remarkable time… The forest was lively and our villages have prospered.”

I see the difference… As I walked at the forest yesterday and today, I don’t see that much humans and other races walking among this land… even animals… The monsters that I only saw was the beast that attacked us earlier.

“There was also this time when the gods and goddesses started to descend from this land to give us protection because these strange trees started to grow that can summon demons once you touch it!”

There are also gods and goddesses in this world!?!

“But then everything went downhill as the mighty dragon attacked the whole forest! The dragon spouted magical fire from its mouth and burned everything in this forest.”

Dragons?!?! Freaking dragons!?

“Our homes and our source of food had been destroyed by the mighty dragon and it seems that all our hope was lost… But then the gods and goddesses that protected the forest reassured us that they will defeat the dragon and restore peace in this forest. So, with the little hope that we have left… We placed our life among the gods…. After the long battle, the gods have defeated the dragon.”

Ah… so everything goes fine after that? But…

“But then it gets worse… After the dragon was killed, the trees that can summon the demons, grow rampant among the land and killed most of the animals and other plants, the races have also stopped coming here because of how strong the demons were. And the other villages have also migrated to different lands, but we species have no nothing to migrate on, our food source only exists in this forest… but as these trees keep on multiplying and multiplying our food source was also gone.…. Once again, our population decreases and we have no hope left. Thus, we sent out our comrades to the outside and look for these fruits.”

Then the leader grabs the red fruit from the basket at his side and showed it to me.

“Many of our comrades have been killed by the demon, even though they jump away as fast as we can, thus on average we only have 5 fruits every day…” The leader continued.

Where did these trees come from? Where did the gods and goddesses go? There are so many questions yet to be qualified… But… It was all too late… This happened years ago… Even though I have learned what happened… The solutions to it… The damages have already been made.

“I’m truly sorry for telling you about this story, you see… I wanted to tell you why we suffered, although it is pointless, we want everyone knows about our situation…”

“No! No! It was okay! I am fond of reading stories like this…”

“Then… Let’s continue… As the leader of this village, we would like to reward you! So please… Tell us what you want!” The leader asked.

Something that I want… I already have everything that I always wanted!... but… there is always this one thing that I always wanted but haven’t achieved on getting it… and that is—

“Knowledge…” I said.

The leader widened its eyes.

“Ah… no, it’s like… I have a ton of questions you see… How do I put this?” I then remembered what the people in my dreams said. “Including the summoner that summoned you…”

“I-I have been summoned in this world… and, I am completely ignorant about this world and how it works… so… I want to know more.”

The leader looked below and then looked at me and said: “So you have been summoned by someone and you wanted to know more about this world?”

I nodded in reply.

“My knowledge range only inside this forest thus I can’t fully answer the questions related to outside of this land… Is this okay?” The leader said.

“That’s Okay! Any information I get is fine by me!” I said as I raised my voice. The leader widened its eyes as it leans back.

“Ahh… Sorry… I have the tendency to be excited when learning new things.” I said as I chuckled.

“Ahem… Well if that’s what you want then we will give it to you!” The leader said.

“Then may I begin to ask?” I asked.

“Go ahead!” the leader said.

“Why are you fluent in speaking English,” I said…

This truly bothered me throughout our conversation so… I had to ask.

“Ah… This language? Though you may call it English it is called flimingo in this world. And because I am the leader of this village it is required for me to learn and to be fluent for me to communicate to other races such as humans.” The leader said.

“Ah I see, I see… Then how about magic?” I asked.

“Magic?... Ah yes Magic!” The leader said.

3