Chapter 4
1.1k 1 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Part of the payment from the Patriarch of the Flamed Roots clan was to be given a basic body refining cultivation manual. As you know, I am a very weak cultivator and our family for many generations have lived as commoners. Since this is the case, it would be nearly impossible for even a basic manual to be handed down generation by generation, especially since our role has been that of blacksmiths."

"With this body refinement manual along with a special sword I made for you in my free time, you will have a much better chance to pursue the path of a cultivator. Even if you are only able to reach level five of the Elementary stage, it will give you at least an additional fifty years to live which may allow our family to build a small foundation." Timothy's father told him as he passed over a small storage ring.

Timothy did not know how to thank his father, but deep down he understood the meaning behind these words. If his family had any chance to no longer live as simple commoners, it was up to him to slowly change the course of their future. Since he was now starting out with more resources compared to his father and ancestors,  it was clear that he could no longer make any excuses.

"Thank you father." Timothy bowed towards his father and respectfully addressed him as his father instead of as his dad. "I will work hard to bring glory to our family and ancestors."

"See that, Maria? I told you that our little boy has become a young man!" Timothy's father told his wife in acceptance as a big smile appeared on his face. As the oldest generation of even their current family of three, it was the responsibility of Timothy's parents to build up the younger generation.

With everything coming to a close, Timothy finally excused himself for the night and quickly went back to his room to inspect the body refinement manual and the sword in which his father made for him.

As expected, the body refinement manual seemed to be a rather basic cultivation technique, but it had several mysteries within for Timothy to learn about which would allow an easier path in cultivation when it came to body refinement. However, Timothy still lacked a proper energy refining manual which was the other cultivation method in which all living beings were able to practice.

This meant that Timothy would be unable to even wield ranked weapons, even the lowest kinds of ranked weapons. If he could work on cultivating both types of cultivation methods, Timothy would potentially be able to even join smaller hunting parties and earn quite a bit.

The main difference between energy refining and body refining, is that body refinement was meant to work on the physical body's power and strength while energy refinement worked on feeling the energy which was around the individual. Although body refinement allowed a cultivator to be physically dominant which had many of its own perks, most cultivators preferred the path of energy refinement so that they were able to automatically use ranked weapons. The reason is because many clans and powerful organizations would be able to hand down their most prized weapons to the next generation which helped solidify their foundations.

There was still plenty of time for Timothy to one day be able to come across an energy refinement manual, and since he lacked a ranked weapon anyways, he was in no rush to find one. As a body refinement cultivator, Timothy would be able to also explore elemental based techniques which was the only similarity between the two cultivation methods.

Putting the manual away, Timothy then took out the weapon which his father made for him. It was indeed a sword which weighed just enough for Timothy to wield properly but would require proper training to use in real combat situations. His father obviously planned ahead of time by giving Timothy a sword in which he could also use well into the future until he became strong enough to search for a better weapon if he so well chose to.

Timothy's curiosity did not stop there, as he realized that he still had the two antlers within his very small storage ring which was still inside his new much bigger one. And so, he began to look inside his storage ring so that he could verify the antlers of the demon beast corpse and could possibly fetch a decent price for them in the future. He overheard earlier that the Patriarch claimed he would have doubled the amount of gold pieces for the corpse if it still had its antlers which is why Timothy's father came to the conclusion in which he did concerning the mysterious expert.

As he thought, within the small storage ring were the two antlers which he personally put within the ring. However, a small shiny ball shaped object laid next to them. Thinking back, Timothy remembered that he briefly saw that it was in the demon beast's corpse but was unable to make out what it actually was when the mysterious expert made an appearance.

Taking out the ball shaped object from his storage ring, Timothy gripped it and found out rather quickly that it was impossible to break open. The ball shaped object also did not have any markings on it and seemed like such a simple metal ball. Feeling as if he lost the chance to find another item to try to sell to the Flamed Roots clan, Timothy quickly put the metal ball back into his storage ring as he sat down to cultivate.

Since he was extremely tired already from the crazy day he had, Timothy chose not to work on his physique during the night and instead tried to focus on sensing the energy around him. This was rather a difficult thing for him to do, and even six months of hard work, Timothy was still unable to even sense a little portion of the energy.

17