Chapter 6
873 0 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Oh there it is!" Timothy thought to himself as he spotted a paragraph related to increasing one's physique. "It can't be!" he said as he put his hand on his face. The paragraph said that he needed to not only increase his physical strength, but that he would have to temper his body by going through painful experiences.

"Well if I want to increase my strength quicker, I should probably start working on several things to help me with it." Timothy thought to himself trying to completely avoid needing to torture himself to build up his actual physique. And so he began by filling a bucket full of rocks and started to run around the small area until he collapsed onto the ground.

"You know, if you continue at the pace you think you are going, there is almost no guarantee that even in five years you could reach Elementary level two." a voice nearby sounded as Timothy was still laying on the ground panting and almost completely exhausted. However, Timothy heard this voice from somewhere before.

Looking up, Timothy saw that it was the eldest son of the Flamed Roots clan's current Patriarch. "If you would like, I could teach you a general training regiment that has worked for our clan for several generations now. It may not be top notch compared to the manual you have, but it will at least give you a proper foundation as you work towards understanding the hidden meanings within that manual." he offered Timothy with a smirk on his face as he sat down next to him.

"And why would you give me such help?" Timothy didn't wait to interrogate the man who sat down next to him so casually. Although Timothy was young and did not have much experience dealing with those older than him, he learned that every favor usually came with a price tag on it and if he was not careful, it could be catastrophic.

"Well, when my father brought back the corpse you sold to him, my grandfather realized that the demon beast was a fully grown one and not simply one that hasn't reached adulthood. And because of this little mix up, it very much helped our clan earn a bigger profit since its claws are coveted by many to make stronger artifacts. Therefore, if I were to help you in your training, it would make us even." he responded with a chuckle.

Since he was not given an actual number on how much more the Flamed Roots clan made on the transaction, Timothy felt that his family was cheated out of something very nice. However, he could only bite his tongue since what was most important at the moment was reaching a high enough cultivation level to accompany the Patriarch and the younger generation of the Flamed Roots clan into the city soon in order to find a proper school.

"I am only of the Intermediate level three in body refinement, but they usually recommend that anyone who is an entire stage above you can in fact properly train someone one or more stages below them. So, I am qualified to teach you a thing or two just until you find a proper teacher who has many years of teaching under their belt. So shall we begin?" After allowing Timothy to rest for a half hour, the eldest son of the Patriarch was ready to give him some tips.

Feeling a little reluctant, Timothy stood up and prepared himself for whatever this new teacher of his had in mind. But the longer he looked at how this man was acting, the more he felt that he was taking this teacher's job very seriously.

"Very good, very good! So I will begin and you just follow along. What we will be doing, is channeling all of the energy within our bodies to our stomach like so." the man told him as he bent his legs slightly while pressing his hands on his stomach. Suddenly to Timothy's surprise, he visibly began seeing some energy forming from his teacher's stomach!

Realizing that this new teacher was in fact serious about teaching him how to cultivate body refinement properly, Timothy began as well by first closing his eyes and trying to feel the energy from within his veins. This much he knew according to his training method, however, like his teacher, instead of concentrating it all to his fist, he concentrated the energy into his stomach region.

"Very well done. Now you must hold this position as long as you can. What happens is that as all of the inner energy that comes from your body's physique, drives it to where you focus on most, but the easiest section of the body is of course to bring it towards your stomach region. What you are doing now is referred to as the Qi Building Stance."

"While in this particular stance, your veins which bring out the energy also known as Qi from within your body begins to break down and expand slowly. And as your veins rebuild themselves, the overall energy which you could use from your body will slowly begin to increase. Now, the first step for you, should be to get to the point where you could hold this position for an entire hour every day. If you reach this point in your training, energy wise, you will reach a higher level of cultivation."

"Unfortunately, this is only the first step in your training. It is too early now to work on it, but your body must receive different levels of punishment in order for your physique to change so that your body does not explode from having too much energy from training pumping through your veins. Luckily, it is recommended to start that process once a body refinement cultivator reaches the Elementary level two."

13