Chapter 11
420 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next morning, Timothy's parents gifted him a small storage ring that had plenty of dry foods that wouldn't spoil for some time as well as some everyday essential items that Timothy would need and not necessarily be given if he was to be accepted into a school within Hollow City. Once he fixed the floor from the night before, Timothy began to make his way over to the Patriarch and the Flamed Roots clan's younger generation of not so strong youths.

On his way over, Timothy's three friends stopped him including Norah to wish him a farewell. Timothy reassured them that no matter what, the three would always be considered his friends and that in the future when he returns, he would figure out a way to help them grow their strength as well. Hearing this of course made Norah cry but the other two boys pulled Norah off of Timothy as they sent him off. There was no telling when Timothy would make an appearance again within the township so the three children had heavy hearts.

"Ah, very good Timothy you actually got here right on time. We will be heading off immediately so please step into the carriage." the Patriarch told Timothy as the other youths who were heading to the city with them jumped into the carriage themselves. "Make yourself comfortable because it will take us three days to travel to Hollow City using the safest path. You do not need to worry about us running into any troubles since there are several townships between ours and the city which means even coming across a very weak demon beast is highly unlikely."

Nodding his head, Timothy jumped into the carriage which was very spacious proving that the Flamed Roots clan was indeed capable and fairly well off to afford such a carriage. Choosing a seat in the back with a small window, Timothy couldn't help but to watch as the carriage began exiting the city. "I will make you all proud." he thought before diverting his eyes towards the youths who sat near him to start having a conversation with them since they were now going to be travel companions.

As was expected, two days had already passed without any incidents. The Patriarch told Timothy who was curious on how he knew there would be no trouble, that the majority of the demon beasts in this region are found in very specific areas and that they were still very much outside of the maximum range of those areas.

"Actually Timothy, I have another gift for you." the Patriarch told him as he withdrew a normal looking book from his storage ring. "This book lays out all of the more commonly known areas across our kingdom and not just our region. By reading this, you will be able to understand some of the major powers that exist within the kingdom as well as widely known landmarks. As you continue to cultivate in the future, you may want to explore some of the landmarks noted within."

"Thank you Patriarch." Timothy said while bowing and receiving the book. Timothy felt that such a book might not cost much while buying one from a merchant or kingdom run areas, but just the nice gesture was enough for him to feel grateful to him. Even with a domineering position within the township, the Patriarch of the Flamed Roots clan was never unfair and treated everyone well. In the future, Timothy felt that he may still owe him a favor but would not bring it up directly.

As the carriage stopped later in the morning, the Patriarch called out everyone from within including Timothy in order to give them all updates instead of only one by one. "Now in about two hours we will be approaching Dusk Village. It may be only slightly bigger compared to our township, but it is where the majority of the townships within the area head towards while on the way to Hollow City." he began to explain with a strict tone.

"As promised, we will be spending the entire afternoon within the village because I have some items to sell to the merchants who have begun to control the village. For all of your safety, I would suggest placing anything of value you may have into the storage ring which you will be wearing. There are many dangers hidden within the village due to many merchants making it their home bases instead of Hollow City to save some money."

"Everyone should keep a low profile during the afternoon until we all meet back at the carriage and the horses will be ready shortly after to bring us directly to Hollow City where we will be staying at a friend's place. Timothy, do you feel confident to window shop alone once we reach the village, or would you like to join some of us?" the Patriarch asked him on the side once the others jumped back into the carriage.

"Tell him that you will be fine. It will be a good opportunity for you to purchase many different types of items. And since the village is on the way to the city, you may receive special discounts on said items so that later on when you finally reach the city, you could receive both a profit and still have many useful items!" Master Sei mentally instructed to Timothy.

"Very well then, just be careful because I may have some strength and ability, but compared to the different merchants within the village, they may be too fierce for me to go against on your behalf." Once Timothy repeated what his master had told him to say, the Patriarch could only agree as the two went back to their places within the carriage.

"Master, why would you tell me not to accompany any of the others? Wouldn't being with a larger group of people help when navigating through the town to avoid any mishaps and at least have some form of backup?" Timothy mentally asked Master Sei as he sat back down in his seat.

"You are still very young and small enough to find a path of retreat if anything bad happens. Besides, you shouldn't allow even those who you feel are friendly and on your side to see what you are purchasing or your personal wealth. This is a cruel universe and the heavens give more than just heavenly based tribulations." Master Sei told him before making Timothy open up the book so the two could become more familiarized with the kingdom.

7