Chapter 13
341 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Since this was the price Master Sei told him was in an acceptable range, Timothy went ahead and finished the transaction before asking the female attendant for a booklet of lower tier items and artifacts. Because she realized that she could make a profit, the female attendant quickly handed Timothy a booklet to look through now that it was clear that he at least had three hundred pieces of gold.

After looking through the booklet, Timothy told the attendant over eighty items in which he wanted to purchase. However, what shocked the female attendant, was that the total selling price combined was actually five hundred gold pieces. Therefore, after verifying the five hundred gold pieces in the storage ring Timothy passed over, the female attendant finally went ahead to place all of the items into the storage ring before taking out the gold and passing it back to Timothy.

"Is there anything else that I could do for you today?" the female attendant seeing how much she actually made for the auction house asked Timothy. Unfortunately for her, the golden train would meet its end as Timothy thanked her for her assistance and left. In a village full of many different merchants, it was not very easy for the Divine Auction House to build one in Dusk Village. Therefore, whenever they received business, it was treated very seriously which is why the female attendant chose not to make any negative remarks towards Timothy even when she may have felt that he was just window shopping and had no money.

"There is still some time, what you should do now is find a place to relax and unwind. When you find a new home within Hollow City, you can begin the cloning process in a safer environment and could fetch a decent profit." Master Sei told Timothy now that he exited the building. Just the thought of being able to compete with others in a big city, caused Timothy's heart to move.

Even if he was unable to be a leading figure within the city, it was still a dream of his since he was much younger to one day visit Hollow City. And now that he had a master in which he was unsure how high he cultivated, Timothy understood that his future seemed incredibly bright as long as he was careful enough not to die young like many geniuses before him throughout history.

And so Timothy now that he also had quite a bit of gold pieces remaining in his storage ring, decided to sit down at a low key restaurant and order only a cheap dish and drink. The last thing he wanted to do, was to get caught in trouble at this point, and just casually resting at a restaurant more or less eliminated the possibility of him running into trouble at least for the time being.

Since eating a meat based dish in the restaurant would attract too much attention, Timothy decided to get a rice and vegetables based dish. Ordering such a common dish and drinking only a glass of water, caused everyone else in the restaurant to disregard him completely.

As he was eating his meal, Timothy spoke mentally to his master so that he could not die of being so bored, since it was more about wasting time compared to actually eating a meal. The Patriarch packed quite a bit of food for everyone on the trip, so it was not like Timothy was starving by any stretch.

"It is good that you chose to mainly purchase basic artifacts. Although only three of them are actually worth keeping and using soon to aid you or your family, the rest could more than likely be sold together as a nice set when you reach Hollow City shortly. If you sell them all at once at a single merchant, you might even get a better price since even the most common of items can be sought after." Master Sei told Timothy before continuing on.

"Now, what are your thoughts about attending a school in the city? With me by your side, you technically do not need to seek a teacher, but by attending a school as a student may give you different perks from a monthly allowance of some sorts, to cultivation tools which could be pricey if you are paying out of pocket."

"I believe the best course of action would be to scout out all of the different schools who would be open to accepting you and gathering information about which ones have the best perks that suits you specifically. Since even the king is only at the Master stage of cultivation, as you continue to grow, networking will mean much less to you since others will want to seek you out instead of you seeking them out."

"Unfortunately, you are too weak to test your luck at entering the kingdom's army or a large merchant group that specializes in transporting. You might have been able to gather quite a bit of wealth in those ways, but there is always the future to look forward to. Besides, there is no reason for you to put yourself in harm's way on behalf of someone else right now." Master Shi told Timothy in a very stern tone.

"I agree, master. If I am able to enter into a school regardless of influence and they gave me cultivation resources, it would greatly benefit me." Timothy mentally replied as he thought about it a little more. If possible, Timothy felt that he would rather join a more influential school instead of a lesser one even if it meant less resources because of the contacts he would make. But as his master had said, in the future, there will be many who will seek him out as long as his power continues to grow.

5