Chapter 17
255 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Majority of the business they would do, was behind closed doors and they would rarely see any visitors during the day arriving to do business with them. Therefore, Timothy felt that he should test his luck and approach this merchant group before anyone else, because there would more than likely be no other outsiders around, and if he made a good impression with them, it was possible to do something else which he felt was very important.

When it came to slave traders, some kingdoms felt that it was an illegal practice depending on the circumstances. In the kingdom they were currently in, it was legal for someone to own slaves, but actually raising and selling within the kingdom was a great taboo which was met with immediate destruction. The only reason they deemed it legal to own slaves within the kingdom, is because many other kingdoms allowed raising and selling as a trade so visitors on occasion would bring their slaves while visiting.

As luck had it, the engraved badge that Timothy saw the Patriarch of the Flamed Roots clan signified that he was a member of a strong organization called the Dark Order which was a rather dominant organization within Hollow City. So as long as Timothy was able to tip the merchants off and have word travel far enough, even without solid evidence, the governor of Hollow City would need to act by sending a group of soldiers to investigate the Flamed Roots clan.

"Uh, hello?" walking into the building, Timothy was unsure how to react because it was rather dark inside with very few lamps with light in the distance as well as one over the desk in the front. "Is anyone here?" Timothy said in a little bit of a louder voice before he felt pressure enter onto his body, causing him to fall onto his knees.

"What is your business here?" a voice called out from the darkness of the building as Timothy felt the pressure on his body loosen just enough for him to still remain unable to move, but enough that he could properly respond to this expert. "Everyone within the city knows that we are willing to accept customers, but only during the night." the voice said in a very annoyed tone as if Timothy had just woken the expert up from a deep sleep.

"I am from Oak township and this is my first time in Hollow City, I hope this powerful expert could show pity on my ignorance." Timothy replied to this voice. According to Master Sei, only experts who were an entire stage of cultivation higher than another would be able to suppress them with their will alone. There are some instances where a genius could do it, but it was more than one in tens of thousands of cultivators who could accomplish such a feat.

"So you are just a young and naive kid." the voice said as it finally began walking out of the shadows. It was an older man who looked to be a similar age to the Patriarch's eldest son, but still rather young. "Well, now I feel bad for suppressing you with my will so I suppose it is only right for me to ask you what business you have with our merchant group?" the expert asked Timothy as he released his hold to allow Timothy to recover instantly.

"I have both information and items to trade." Timothy told the expert after wiping the sweat off of his forehead. When an expert suppressed someone with their will, it would cause the unlucky cultivator's body to freeze in place, becoming unable to fight back.

"And you think that some information about a very small and insignificant township like yours would be worth selling to my merchant group?" the expert asked with a grin as if he was not expecting anything serious from Timothy. However, now feeling awkwardly horrible for bullying him earlier, the expert said something else. "Well, if that is the case, give me the information and I will compensate you properly depending on how much it could be sold for in the future." the expert told Timothy.

"In my township there is a dominant clan that we call the Flamed Roots clan, their Patriarch is a member of the Dark Hand organization here in Hollow City and recently made a trip here to sell off a group of young children into slavery after he and his clan raised them since they were very young orphans." Timothy told the expert. In truth, it would be nice for him to receive some gold pieces for the information, but it was the least of his concerns.

"There have been several rumors lately that the Dark Hand had some of their executives scattered across our Bark Kingdom and raising young orphans to sell into slavery to earn a large profit. Since an executive was careless enough to allow a young man like yourself to piece it together enough to create a lead, that is definitely worth some weight in gold pieces." the expert said as his eyes widened briefly before returning to normal.

"Since you asked for compensation, I will give you three hundred gold pieces since I will now need to make a trip to report this information to the governor. Tonight you should come back here and I will make sure that you are given the rest of your payment and can do business here." the expert told Timothy before making his way swiftly back into the darkness of the building after tossing over a small bag of three hundred gold pieces to Timothy.

Feeling somewhat stumped, all Timothy could think of doing is following this expert's advice. However, there was still work for him to do. Now that he was able to collect three hundred gold pieces, Timothy felt that he should start window shopping by heading to different mercenary groups to inquire on prices for services.

6