Chapter 12: Fate
743 1 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

-(Helena T. Vice)-

Hidden Garden space station, central plaza

 

It was hard to contain my laughter when I saw what happened to the place and to Sharah’s team, I saw it happen on the time stream but also on camera. Maybe I should have told her how it was going to happen, but my forecast of the future is rather dodgy lately or is it because of outside influence? I know that the seer of the Shdeveri Empire is still battling for control of the stream.

 Sharah is one of the few people with the touch of precognition that I could find on earth. When I was interested in her, her mother quasi sold her services to me and since she is so devoted. But lately she has been getting cocky, maybe this experience will give her a lesson. I touched a command on my gauntlet and the bodies of the fallen centurion disappeared in a flash of light, teleported in the nearest med bay on the Sundance. They will live, and will be handy in furthering my plan concerning the Half-breed. She is the crux on furthering my influence and some minor incidents that could seriously cripple my Dominion. Into avoiding them that is. The more I approached the more I felt someone brush at the edge of my psychic shield. Its delicate touch and presence told me it was Idunn, no one else would dare. One of my guard used telekinesis to sweep the debris and shrapnel from the ground where I was about to walk. Looking at the damage it’s going to cost money on the budget of the station to make it pretty again. I let Idunn in my thought, lowering a bit my psychic shield.

 <You are late, Helena.>

 [I was busy watching the little drama unfold.] I laughed.

 <Laugh all you want, your Sharah was too heavy handed and caused all this troubles.>

 I sighed, Idunn is not in the right frame of mind to listen to me. We were before them suddenly, seeing the monstrous form of Fenicia Kranicar made me smile. Her perfect warrior form in the future superimposed to the one here in the present. And well, she looked even more deadly.

 <Oh it’s nice, you see it. Then I shall do my best to realize it.>

 And this is why having powerful Alien Telepath as friend is dangerous, Idunn isn’t stopped by “Ethics”. To her it’s something pretty that we human invented to give us good conscience. I found that I agree, seeing the mass of people able to do anything for rewards and advancement. Fortunately she isn’t herself a monster, she uses clones for experimentation.

 [Idunn we have to talk about your daughter.]

 <I know what you are going to say, and using my flesh and blood to further your goals does not sit well with me. I just got her back, Helena and you want to take that away from me? After all I did for you?>

 [I stop you right here, my friend. We have a long and fruitful partnership and I am happy to have you in my inner circle Idunn. But, I have people to save, tragedies to avoid and the very life of one of my daughter hanging in the balance.]

 That shut her up.

 Idunn looked at me with a rather shocked face, she helped me bear daughters after I was essentially barren. And she knows how much I love them and how dangerous I can be when their well being is at stake.

 And in the time stream I can see that Fenicia will help the one concerned survive. The warrior formed Fenicia closed her eyes and her form suddenly shifted, slowly shrinking. The weapons of my centurions were still trained on her. They are not taking any chance with her. Her normal form appeared and she was essentially half naked, her bountiful bosom exposed.

 “Idunn, keep her modest please.” I said out loud.

 And like magic she took out her usual white lab coat from her tool belt and covered her daughter with it. That little woman is always prepared, that is why trying to get the drop on her is so difficult. Fenicia stumbled, her super soldier friend caught her and eased her on the ground. It seems that she is weakened.

 “I think that she is out, we will speak when we are in a better environment. Shall we go on my ship?” I proposed.

 

 ***

 

 VIS Sundance, captain lounge

 

“Ah, this is better indeed.”

 At ease on the red sofa with a cup of tea in my hand, I blew on it. The surface of the tea rippled and sent delicious waft of Darjeeling to my olfactory organ. I drank and the sweet herbal sensation exploded on my tongue. It made me sigh in contentment.

 “So where were we? Oh, right. I am going to make your daughter my subordinate.” I said to three people facing me on the other sofa.

 Idunn had her daughter’s head on her lap while her feet are on the female super soldier thighs. She was laying there sleeping without a care with her mother caressing her hair like a human would a prized pet.

 “Ma’am, I don’t think you know Feni. She will shut you down, the proof is that she already tried to flee.” The super soldier said.

 I can see it in the time stream, her refusing me. The soldier is right, but.. what happen if I dangle her mother in front of her? Her giving in but killing me five years later… This is tricky. This girl can hold a grudge, so I decide another avenue.

 “Mayhap yes, but I do want her to work for me.” I answered.

 “I cannot let her run away, a lot depend on her and the nanites package inside her is bonded to her. She is essentially one of my subjects now, Idunn what do you say? I will tell you everything if you help me convince her.”

 The little white haired alien woman was thinking, about the pros and cons or even how to get out of that situation. Idunn is crafty like that, seeing her making that pensive face remind me when she thought of disseminating a viral agent to kill off a whole research station to get at their data. Crossing elegantly my leg I proceed to sip on my tea waiting for my friend to come to a decision. I even had the time to follow the diagnostic and the treatment of Sharah and her team by my chief medic on the com screen. The super soldier squirmed when my gaze fell onto her, what a delightful creature.

 “I have come to a decision, Helena.” Idunn finally said.

 “Oh, pray tell?” I answered suddenly interested.

 But we were interrupted when the door opened with a “woosh” and a young woman entered the lounge. She is a petite woman and has blonde hair in a shag. Her eyes glowed with the electric hue of cybernetics, a soft smile on her face made her pleasant to look at. The young woman wore a black bodysuit with a tool belts not dissimilar to Idunn’s with the difference that she had also a pistol strapped to her left thigh in a holster.

 The alien woman turned her head toward her and laughed.

 “Fa.”

 “Aunty.” She said with a musical voice.

 And she looked at me. “Mother.” And inclined briefly her head in deference. I am proud of how well I educated her.

“I have come to… wait, what is that tension I feel?” She asked.

 Fa like all my daughters is a psionic and an exceptional empath, she looked at me, then to Idunn and at the super soldier. Being a meddler like yours truly, I didn’t find it surprising that Fa chose to sit in the sofa with me and declare.

 “What is happening here, and why is there a sleeping beauty on aunt's lap?”

 And this is how Idunn recapitulated the entire affair and I find my daughter glaring at me. Woe is me, being a leader I always have to tread on the toes of others. My daughter took entirely control of the conversation and began speaking with Idunn about her daughter and about where she is from, what happened to her, how she found her again. And the entire time Fa devolved into a crying mess, and was lost in the story of how Idunn and Fenicia reunited.

 “Mother I think you are being too heavy handed with this situation, you should let me take care of it.” She declared, putting a hand on my shoulder.

My daughter is a master manipulator, if I say no she will find a way to thwart me behind my back even though I have precognition. I don’t know how but she sometimes can make me blind to the time stream when she decides on something.

 “Take care of it.”

 I made Idunn and the super soldier come with me and left Fa with Fenicia.

 

***

 -(Fenicia)-

 

 I felt a presence and it woke me from the embrace of the sweet darkness. My strength recovered gradually as well has my confidence, but I am starving. I could easily eat Zarins*(a sort of Lizard raised for meat on Saryna). I realized that I am half naked, it does bother me but for my peace of mind I chose to hide my chest by buttoning up the… lab coat? It smells like mom. I inhaled and felt at peace. I see… suddenly I’ve become rather dependant. I chose to look at my host, and she looked like a human teenager. In fact I think she is one, Frowning I looked at her right thigh. There is a pistol strapped to it, maybe I am fast enough to take it from her.

 “Guard leave us.” I heard her say and looking near the table against the wall to our left. And to my surprise I see a transparent figure that gained in opacity and finally formed a person in black centurion armor. The guard saluted, and moved to leave.

 When he was out I chose to look at the girl anew, she was ranked enough to have secret security in place to leave her with someone like me.

 “I have been looking forward to talk with you, Fenicia.” The little human said.

 “And who might you be?” I began to lose my patience with all those theatrical humans.

 “You are right, I have been impolite. My Name if Fa L. Vice, I am the daughter of the CEO and Tyrant of the Vice Worlds.”

 Oh, she’s ranked alright.

 She smiled and said. “You know we are somehow family, Idunn helped mom have me. And I consider her my aunt, so I decided that we should be friends.”

 “No.”

 “Why?!”

 “You sound like a meddlesome little female.” I guessed.

 My eyes found the handle of her pistol and I averted them from it again fast. But it seems I didn’t fool her. She grinned more intensely and patted the grip of her pistol.

 “You… want this, don’t you?” She said in a sultry way that rubbed me wrong.

 She stood up. Took her pistol from her holster she pointed it at me and that put me on the defensive.

 And before I did anything she launched it in the air, caught it by the barrel and said.

 “Here take it, but it will not do you any good. At least maybe you’ll feel safe with it.”

 “Is it DNA locked?” I asked, remembering the weapons Idunn equipped me with before taking down the Ares ship’s crew.

 “Smart. Yes of course, it is my own design you know.”

 “Ah.”

 “Maybe I should show you my toys?” She said, tilting her head cutely.

 

***

 

 And this is how I found myself in a freshly fabricated blue bodysuit with black boots and an empty holster. Fa was generous in giving me a high density Quantum crystal earring computer and a next gen all purpose com tablet. “For our budding friendship” she said when I tried to refuse. Now we are in the ship corridors and Fa shows me the different decks. She couldn’t show me the main bridge but could do so with the briefing room which has virtual windows to see the space around the ship. It subs at a briefing room too. And it’s boring. On deck two it was the crew quarters and the officer’s mess.

 Still boring.

 Now we are en route to see the weapons of this ship, so we went to a computer room to get a presentation. Fa made me sit on a really comfortable chair with two tray of food and drinks and began the lesson. And how captivating it was. This ship the sundance bristled with weapons, Forward missile launchers, Aft missile launchers, Aft facing, dorsal, primary hull beam laser array; Ventral, primary hull, Beam laser array and to finish big targets it also got a Horizon Canon. The weapon I used to destroy parts of the Warsong.

 This ship possessed also an array of strategic weapon for combat in space. I watched the holo-screen in rapture.

 “Do you see something you like?~” Fa asked in a sing song voice.

 I nodded while filling my mouth with Beef meat, there were some point defense systems that she did not mention on the schematics. Maybe because they were obvious.

 “I was the one who designed the Sundance class ship, it’s mine to begin with. But mother requisitioned my flotilla.”

 Intrigued, I decided to let her talk.

 “Mother, knew that Hidden Garden was attacked by an outside source and raced here with my ships.” Fa, explained.

 “That’s why.”

 I wondered how they knew to come, but still. They were too late, I already took care of the rabble. Fa stepped out of the podium and sat against it, looking at me. She looked hesitant. Putting my plastex cup on the tray I crossed my arm under my breasts and waited.

 “Mother wants you to work for her.” Fa, finally said.

 I frowned. “I refuse.”

 Fa, smiled and put a blonde lock of hair behind her ear. “You cannot.”

 “Why?” I said, perplexed.

 I wouldn’t give in, freedom is precious and even though I liked it here with mom. Thing would be totally different with someone like the Tyrant in command of my life. Idunn give me choices and don’t push me into things.

 *Well not a lot.*

 “Because she already expected Aunt Idunn to give you the Omega nanites pack . And there is no taking it back, you are hers.” Fa explained.

 I could see the frustration on Fa’s face, as if that kind of deep manipulation was the usual with her mother. But it would also mean that she is a pawn too. Mom should know this, but she still stays with that Helena woman. Standing up from my seat, I wiped my mouth with one of the manufactured tissue like paper called sani-wipe. Looking at Fa, I suddenly prowled toward her. Being face to face with her, I caught a hint of nervousness, and for some reason I felt aroused to see her this way. She felt so in control while we were touring the ship and her smile was attractive. But I didn’t forget that she still felt like a meddler to me. Huh, why is her face reddening? I put a hand on her left shoulder and the other under her chin, making her look at me in the eyes.

 “What if I worked with you instead?” I proposed.

 “Interesting. You said ‘with’ not ‘for’. What an independent person you are.” Fa said sultrily.

 Oh. I smiled, she’s interested in me? Nice to know, but this is not important right now.

 “I don’t want to be a pawn, and I think you too have misgivings about the controlling ways of your matriarch. Let’s forge a contract, I will work ‘with’ you and we will add a mutual defense and assistance clause with boundaries?” This is what I wish.

 I felt that she has enough clout to not make it easy for the Tyrant to control me or blackmail me with my own mother. Fa’s eyes focused on my lips and returned on my eyes, she wet her lips with her tongue. She grinned at me.

 “Why the hell not? But it will cost you.”

 “Nothing is free.” I said before feeling Fa’s lips on mine.

 Her body glued itself on mine and I encased her in my arms, my hands roaming on her body and particularly on her bottom. Forcing my tongue in her mouth I found myself dueling for domination with hers. She is a meddlesome female, but a tasty one.

  

***

-(Helena T. Vice)-

 

 The time stream showed me how everything unfolded and I am surprised by what is actually happening. I didn’t see that one coming. The stream of Fa and Fenicia interweaved and… seeing them having sex in a computer room wasn’t something I expected to see.

 <Why are you making that face?>

 Idunn’s mental voice released me from my peeping, she looked at me expectantly. Her legs were crossed and she had a teacup in her hands and blew on the liquid in it. She drank some of the tea.

 “Your daughter is fucking Fa.” I announced.

 I was delighted to see Idunn choke on the tea has a payback. The poor alien woman put the teacup on the low table when she cleared her throat. She looked at me with question in her eyes.

 “What?”

 “You heard me, Fenicia is having sex with Fa in a computer room. I don’t know how it happened, but it complicates things for me.”

 Yes it does, Fa is one the five people I don’t want to go against and an emotional attachments to that Alien girl will…

 <Let it be, if it’s what they want. You shouldn’t meddle too much, let things develop. What is your gift telling you will happen?>

 I focused on the time stream and I see things going my way without truly needing me to intervene. How encouraging. I then took my com tablet and played with the file on Fenicia and updated them. Giving her citizenship and a black Centurion security level. It will unlock most of the omega nanites pack in her body, but first she will need training.

 “I guess the smile on your face tells me that everything is going to go smoothly. Now can I go back to work? I have the terraformation of the moon to continue.”

 I looked at Idunn, she stood up and prepared to leave.

 “So you are still going to work ‘with’ me?”

 “We are still friends.” Idunn answered and left.

 And that meant a lot to me.

24