Arc 2 chapter 1: Six months later
706 0 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

-(Fa)-

 

Vice City Ship Gladius, the start of the year 457 of the unified alliance

Falling on my back on the bed exhausted by an insatiable sexy alien succubus, I relished in the afterglow of my climax. My heart was beating frantically is settling little by little. After recuperating from my breathless state I looked at Fenicia, my half Assurian-Saryan lover. Her golden eyes sparkled in the dim light with a shimmering glow. Fenicia grinned as if she won billions of credit at the lottery. Unstrapping the sex toy from herself she then begun to get on the bed and slowly kissed her way from my feet to my face and laid at my side.

“Cia, I cannot move,” I said.

“Of course, it is my devilish plan to keep you in bed until tomorrow.”

The deep love she had for me has grown with careful attention on my part for the last six months. Fenicia is not easy to love, but because she opened herself to me I could see past the haughty bitch and the cold exterior she projects. Oh, it has been a battle of wit to be considered more than a fuck buddy; I cajoled, I acted cutely but with enough steel to not look weak. Saryan hates weakness but respects you when you better yourself to cover it. I had to beg Idunn to show me her comprehensive study of that race of giant humanoid.

“I love you,” Fenicia said.

Her smoldering golden gaze roamed over my body, I felt as warm as the emotions she radiated. It was so strong and immutable that I reacted subconsciously; I glued myself to her body and kissed her passionately. She is mine, I won’t ever let her go; after getting into the mood and satisfy our hunger for each other we slept.

I awakened with no Fenicia in my arms, it made me sigh. That female alien is really whimsical and as mercurial as a cat; however, she is loving and… hot damn, I am being lovesick? Cia must be training with Akito right now, he is her dedicated trainer that mom hired at great cost. He is from one of the hidden planets between the border of Vice Corporation and the Asian Great Alliance, their population is composed of the refugees of the AGA that can’t enter our borders. We provide relief but in no way citizenship, those are filled to the brim with seditionists and spies from what the Vice Intelligence branch gathered.

I notice the glowing screen of my com tablet on the nightstand and with a thought I access it. Compliment of the neural interface provided by my nanites.

Fa, I am sorry for leaving you so abruptly, but today I must graduate from training with that smug faced vile male. There are food and coffee prepared for you already, you only have to heat it.

P.S: I love you, and you received a call from your sister who promptly hanged up to my face, educate her.

It is a note left by Fenicia and a really veiled threat toward my sister Demetria. Or she might do it in my place; a sigh escapes me, my family is seeing my relationship with the ‘half-breed’ as they call her like a bad thing. My mother –weirdly- and sisters are all about public image, and dating an ex-merc and a remorseless killer is not the kind of thing they want me to do. Fuck them. Ok, Fenicia can be radical in the way she interacts with problems, but I’ve seen the good in her and the radiant feeling not only for me but for her friend and mother.

I left the bed and went toward the toilet of the suite. Yes, instead of letting my girlfriend in the barracks of the Gladius I decided that it would be less dangerous for humans to not let Fenicia live with them. Minutes later, after relieving myself and a good sonic shower I focused on the coffee and waffles that Fenicia left me. For an alien, Fenicia is a connoisseur of human pastry. She always surprises me with something after dinner. She can do breakfast too, and she never let me do the cooking… The female alien dared to say that I’m a natural poison control pharmacist. That was mean, and I ignored her for a day because of that; remembering this made me smile until a jingle interrupted my peaceful breakfast.

With my neural interface, I looked at who it was at the door, it was the sound of when someone pushed the button to signal their presence at the door of my suite. A woman with red hair and a dark green body suit appeared on the holo-screen. Demetria.

Sigh.

“Let her in,” I ordered vocally.

The computer-executed, the door opened and Demetria entered like a fury in my den. I just waited for her to barge in on me, and she didn’t disappoint. My sister green eyes glowed with emotions; her intents have always been so blatantly obvious since we were young.

“Greeting, sister,” I said amicably.

She radiated anger, self-righteousness, and malice through our empathic link. Yes, I have a psychic link with everyone from my family as I am considered a mediator when dispute ensues. But it means jack shit when their problem is with me.

“Fa.” She nodded at me.

I took a sip of my coffee while watching her watching me, all that posturing is normal in my family. Demetria blinked first, she always lost at those little games.

“So what did you came here for?” I asked.

Demetria radiated smugness and a surprising emotion that I didn’t feel in her for so long that I thought I imagined it, protectiveness. Her green gaze flared as she focused on me.

“I did some research about that alien girlfriend of yours; it will show you how you cannot associate with the like of her!” She declared.

Sigh.

“This again…” Athena my elder sister and Demetria who is my little sister have been employing every trick to separate me and Fenicia. Bribes, threats, blackmail. All directed at the Alien woman.

Demetria didn’t wait for me, she opened her arms and a lot of different holo-screens opened around my table. Every screen showed Fenicia, her body stats; why she was banished from her home planet: murder; that she was a smuggler on the Irish clan owned space freighter Saint Patrick; that she became an assassin for hire and a mercenary. Fenicia took down a lot of people in a political and military position in the two short years of her career until she tried to go legit by joining Ares. And it became a bad decision because Ares is affiliated with a family specializing in drugs distribution and sentient trafficking. She never left prisoner. Never. But that streak was broken when she got introduced to Idunn, her mother. Now in everything that asks finesse, Fenicia ask herself what would Idunn do? And it is scary in a sense because the Assurian woman has no ethics.

“Wow. I see that you have done your homework, dear sister.” I said in derision.

Demetria looked at me suddenly dejected, she felt surprised and questions formed in her mind.

“You expected me to feel disgusted? To drive me away from the woman I love? Do you think that I cannot have her investigated too with my own assets?”

How stupid is she? But Demetria is not the kind of people to do things like this alone, Athena must have helped her. It’s always her behind all those manipulations concerning us. I looked at my sister with a pitying look.

“Big sis helped you, right?”

She panicked in her mind but didn’t show any sign of it outwardly, my sister has an excellent poker face.

“Unfortunately for you, Fenicia told me everything she did. She let me in her head, do you understand what that means to me?”

Demetria didn’t answer me right away, but when she did she stuttered a bit.

“D-do you mean that… she is telepathically bonded to you?”

“Of course she is, she is the woman I love. I am not an idiot who would enter a relationship blindly.” I said stating the obvious.

“But she’s a killer!” She insisted.

I smiled, my little sister is really cute.

“Mother is a mass murderer, you don’t see me throw it in her face as you did with Fenicia.”

Laughing, I took another sip of my coffee, waited for her to say something. But she didn’t, Demetria kept looking at me as if I was an alien.

“Now get out, I have things to do,” I said, dismissing her.

***

-(Akito)-

 

And she came, boldly walking through the door as always; she has the gait of a stalking panther, a predator ready to pounce on her unassuming prey. But I am not prey! We will see who hunt who today.

When she entered the training room, I telekinetically launched a three-pronged attack on each side of her and to the top of her head. The female alien surprised me with a revolving telekinetic shield that stopped each of my attacks. How?! Normally one should have gotten her! I looked into her golden eyes and I couldn’t read her, it’s been six months already that I was paid to train that hateful alien woman and she had been testy all throughout that period. She advanced toward me, unsheathing the training sword and she disappears. But I am used to that trick, I retreat on the left and slash with my own sword that deflects hers. Then I launch a telekinetic blast toward her, but the woman answer to my attack with one of her own. The invisible forces collide and we get locked in a fight of will.

The alien woman smiled, and suddenly darkness robbed the room of the light and the force my will battled against gave way and broke some sports appliances in the training room. I used my spatial sense to feel around the room, even with the darkness impeding my vision it is not a problem.

“I know that you are here Kranicar, you know that you are just stopping the inevitable.”

Somehow she was interfering with my spatial sense with her own, when did she learn to do that? When Helena Vice paid me to train that Saryan woman, she told me that she had no prior psionic training. I felt something behind me and parried a projectile with my TK shield. A weight from one of the shelves two meters behind the ring. And suddenly more and more voluminous items came to pelt my telekinetic shield. The onslaught didn’t stop until my shield caved when barbells of more than one hundred kilos simultaneously struck. I felt her descend from the ceiling, sword first and I tried to deflect the thrust in that angle. When my sword struck hers an arc of electricity sparked and I was electrified, the energy passing through me and locking my muscles. I lost my sword when it was kicked from my hand and I went down with a fist to my face.

I was on my back when the light came back, with a sword at my throat. Arcs of electricity crackled around Fenicia Kranicar, who against all odds broke through the realm of Electric manipulation with her basic Telekinesis. Even me I didn’t reach that realm yet, she is able to shape and manipulate electricity, the energy resulting from the movement of charged particles allowing control over electric fields, all charge carriers, electronics, and electromagnetic forces.

It made me laugh, how I seriously underestimated her. Six months, it took her six months to be able to do that and me? Me I am still stuck at the basic of Telekinetic Manipulation.

“You were right, it was inevitable that you would be on your back with my sword on your smug bastard little neck.” She said calmly.

I also observed that she didn’t retract her blade, and this is how I regret how I bullied her throughout her training for the last six months.

CLAP, CLAP.

“Well done, Fenicia.” We heard in the speakers of the training room.

It was the voice of Helena T. Vice, the client.

“It was masterfully done how you used the training and the resources Idunn provided you to become a better Centurion. Now, I want you to sheath your blade and not kill, Akito-san like you want to do.”

My blood went cold, I looked at the woman eyes on me and ask myself how could I have missed that chilling bloodthirst? For her, it wasn’t training. All along she went for the kill. Fenicia must have decided to spare me because she took her training sword and sheathed it. Then she left without looking at me. I sighed in relief and stood up.

“Akito-san, now you understand why I told you that you shouldn’t disrespect her. She’s Saryan, but also Assurian and you know how dangerous that combination can be.”

“You made me train a monster, Helena-sama. I am afraid of what she may do now…”

“Yes, you helped me forge a good weapon.” She answered smugly.

“I hope that there is a safety on this one.” I prayed.

21