Chapter 3 – Mutated…. zombie?
336 2 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Assign them to Stamina."

 

 

[Kaleb Jones, Level: 2, Occupation: None, Title: None, Strength: 8, Agility: 10, Vitality: 8, Stamina 2/6, Spirit: 15, Endurance 13]

 

 

He looks at his stats, he feels bad about the low strength but since the guardian spirit has its own stats and doesn't seem to have a time limit. It'd be better to ensure he doesn't get tired more so than having strength to deal with things.

 

 

<"Congratulations, you have taken down a boss enemy. This floor will not spawn any new creatures until a new boss is created. Please select your reward, Item: Destroyer Dagger - A dagger able to destroy armor, Skill: Eagle Eyes - View information of monsters, within 5 levels of user, Spell: Lightning Bolt - Ability to summon a bolt of lightning. Please pick one!">

 

 

"Oo Lig... wait Eagle Eyes." He was nearly tempted by the name of the spell alone, information flows into his mind as the skill forms there. He is standing there panting as energy washes over his body. He opens his eyes that have a new piercing gaze in them, he looks at the creature on the floor. It doesn't come up with any information which annoys him, he leaves the room after emptying it of food and goes to the next one.

 

 

There's a creature standing there, he looks at the creature standing in the room in a daze.

 

 

<Carriers - Level 1, the beings sent in to spread virus that causes rapid decay of flesh and mind. It transforms people into mindless zombies that seek flesh and blood. Infection is incurable, symptoms present after 3 minutes depending on level of infection.>

 

 

The creature turns as it notices Kaleb standing there, "RAHH".

 

 

The skeleton hits the creature on the head, it's immediately bisected. A white light goes into the skeleton which causes the mist to roil up and out of the skeleton. It gets thicker before going back into its place.

 

 

"Hmm."

 

 

He isn't sure what to think of what's going on, but it seems like the white light is experience?

 

 

He opens up the guardian spirit's stats,

 

 

[Guardian Spirit, Level 2, Form: Bones, Strength: 11+4, Agility: 11, Vitality: 11, Stamina 8/11, Spirit: 11, Endurance 11+4, Skills: Object transformation.]

 

 

He quickly grabs all the consumables from this room, he's almost overloaded his suitcase.

 

 

A scream comes from the room next door, "Help!"

 

 

Kaleb quickly responds to the woman's voice but he's just in time to see them finally break through the door and grab at her.

 

 

"AHHH" she screams as he rushes into the room, the creatures don't pay attention to him as they continue to reach in.

 

 

*WHACK*

 

 

He smacks his staff down on one of the creatures, the skeleton follows up with killing the remaining creature.

 

 

"AHHHH" the woman keeps screaming, the creatures are both dead.

 

 

Kaleb walks to the door and can see blood everywhere, it's a middle-aged woman with a huge gash on her chest. She's huddled over screaming but there's evidence of green liquid on her wound.

 

 

She notices Kaleb when she starts to talk to him in a language he can't understand. He's just shaking his head while she tries to speak to him.

 

 

Her eyes and expression start to turn sinister while her fingernails turn black.

 

 

She's clearly turning into a zombie as per the description, he sighs and walks through the door. She reaches for a key in her pocket but drops it, he isn't sure what it means but she looks at his staff and nods her head.

 

 

Her expression dulls while Kaleb's does too, he's killing a living person this time.

 

 

He looks at her face, it has a smile on it.

 

 

"I'm doing this to save her from becoming a zombie."

 

 

He grips the beginners’ staff.

 

 

*WHACK*

 

 

Kaleb turns around without seeing the result, he collects the key and leaves the room. He shuts the door while muttering a few words, "Rest knowing you don't have to live in this fucked up world anymore." he checks her luggage which has photos of her and a man. He rummages through the luggage and finds a locked briefcase; the key doesn't work on it, but he orders the skeleton to open it.

 

 

He can see that it's their identification and some house, it's in Singapore so all he can do is take the important stuff and wonder about what it is when he gets there.

 

 

Kaleb thinks about his own parents for a moment, he pulls out his phone where it has no signal. His parents left him messages saying that he needs to stay safe, they'll be fine. Judging by what's happening now and how these creatures are just level 1, everything is far from fine.

 

 

Someone starts yelling from the door from where the skeleton is guarding, it sounds like he's saying something about leaving now but the skeleton doesn't respond to him. Kaleb puts everything away and walks by the skeleton.

 

 

"Left stairs now."

 

 

The man yells as he runs down the corridor, he whacks a creature on the head while yelling about evacuating.

 

 

Kaleb can't carry anymore items; the skeleton has a backpack filled with water while Kaleb has a suitcase filled with food. He'll be fine for a while but that depends on whether they get overrun.

 

 

The skeleton reaches out and gives him the items that have been dropped, a coin and a box.

 

 

Kaleb takes the box and opens it; a small bottle of green liquid comes out.

 

 

<Small Weak Stamina Potion. Recovers 1 stamina a minute while outside combat. Duration 30 minutes.>

 

 

He drinks it, a feeling of energy washes over his body as he feels energetic. He looks down the corridor, lots of people are fighting back against the creatures, but there's not many left.

 

 

People are scrambling up and down the hallway as they get pulled into the rooms or pounced on as they scrambled about. It will take lots of time to take care of this all, and this potion will only last 30 minutes.

 

 

He has to wait about 5 minutes for his stamina to recover and has to be out of combat, he walks down the hallway as people fight outside of the stairway entrance. They have weapons and they let him through. Screams, shouting, and sobbing can be heard from the stairway, but everyone is going down the stairs. Kaleb and the skeleton walk through the guards with ease and join the crowd going down the stairs.

 

 

There's not that many people, luckily, but it's a long distance, they go down 3 levels before getting stopped. The people are too tired to continue, a creature bursts through the blockade on the floor. Kaleb is far away and can only watch as it attacks several people, they get scratched before someone can take it down. It's a bloody scene while people are screaming at each other.

 

 

Kaleb makes his way through the crowd; they are slowly walking around the blockade as they people are being transported outside.

 

 

He pauses and watches the people that were attacked being carried off but one of the guards forces him to continue, the skeleton raises its axe, but Kaleb tells it to stop. They move on, while he works his way forward. When out of nowhere, on the 23rd floor, a creature bursts through the doorway onto the stairway. It smashes down a wall and it roars loudly like the initial roar.

 

 

It's huge muscles bulge as Kaleb looks at it, its towering profile, offset by the hulk-like muscles, reminds one of a tank.

29