Chapter 11 – People always bring problems…
182 2 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

He's left wide eyed. It takes him a moment to recover, before running through the fence. It's a 12ft high wire fence with barbed wire above it.

 

 

Simon catches up with the group but they're standing by the corner, peeking around it. Bones is holding his axe in ready position.

 

 

"What's going on?"

 

 

Kaleb quickly shushes him and signals for him to be quiet, he looks around the corner revealing what's there.

 

 

There's a passenger train sitting there with its doors open, evidently it was full as there's people standing everywhere. There's at least 100 in this small area between the cart and the river below them. Everyone looks at it nervously as they stay silent, watching the situation. Lu'er is the first one to step back, followed by Kaleb.

 

 

Everyone else steps back and looks to Kaleb for answers, he hesitates for a moment before speaking honestly.

 

 

"I got nothing; anyone got any ideas?"

 

 

They all look disappointed immediately, they start speaking amongst themselves. Kaleb can only assume about leaving him behind or throwing him to the crowd of zombies given their current expressions. Kaleb thinks about the situation as they talk, and he really cannot come with any sort of plan.

 

 

Kaleb walks a few steps away from the group, he looks at the zombies who are crowded around the train. It seems like all the zombies in the train have walked outside and just gathering around waiting for something. They're not escaping the area, Kaleb's gaze wanders into the train.

 

 

There's no movement inside the train where he can see.

 

 

This gives him an idea but as he looks at Bones he reconsiders and decides to not bring it up before walking to the group, the group stops talking when Kaleb arrives each of them looking at him with a different expression. Kaleb suddenly feels annoyed upon looking at Lu Si.

 

 

"What?" he asks.

 

 

"He wants you to lead the group through them" Simon steps in to mediate between Kaleb and Lu Si. Kaleb frowns in response, his nostrils flare as he steps forward as Simon interjects harder.

 

 

"I talked him out of it, we voted to try a different route. Perhaps we can catch a ride with an army patrol." Simon explains trying to keep the peace.

 

 

Lu Si says something, with Lu'er trying to calm him down. Kaleb couldn't understand it, but his expression showed it was clearly something about him. Kaleb turns around before he smacks this dickhead for pulling this shit. He looks at Bones standing behind him when a thought pops into his mind as he smirks.

 

 

He quickly fixes his expression into one of anger, "If I draw away most of the zombies then you can go through the train. It'd be safer, you just have to watch your legs."

 

 

The group are stunned, Lu'er gasps as Simon explains to them what Kaleb said.

 

 

"Why would you do that?"

 

 

"I'll work better by myself and you guys can do something for me."

 

 

"What?" Simon frowns as he asks.

 

 

"At Least 2 weeks at where we are going, after that I have to leave."

 

 

"There's safety at the university, there's a tall fence surrounding it with the army base not far. It'd be far safer than you trying to survive on your own. Why would you leave?"

 

 

"Uhh, family."

 

 

Simon nods and explains it to them, Lu'er speaks many lines to them before coming to Kaleb.

 

 

"You don't have to do this; you will get inside easily. Lots of foreigners in college."

 

 

Kaleb looks at her tearful expression and explains, "I have to try to get back home. There has to be flights somewhere."

 

 

Lu'er has more tears and turns around, Simon reassures her as Lu Si smirks.

 

 

Kaleb shakes his head and walks towards the corner again; Simon follows closely behind.

 

 

"What is your plan?"

 

 

"Me and Bones here will lure away most of the creatures further down the train. When they thin out enough you can run into the train and lose them inside."

 

 

"Ok."

 

 

Simon explains the plan to them, the others ready their weapons and hide. Kaleb takes a few potions from Bones.

 

 

Stamina up, agility up.

 

 

He drinks an aqua colored potion, <Weak Lightness of Foot, your footsteps are silent for 6 hours. Applicable to creatures or things below tier 1.>

 

 

His feet suddenly feel strange as light encircles them; he calmly walks out from the side with Bones beside him.

 

 

His stride is confident, but his back is drenched in sweat as he looks at the horde of zombies standing and swaying together.

 

 

Their behavior is strange, but Kaleb ignores it as he walks towards them readying his sword, it reflects the bridge lights onto the zombies as he reaches only a few steps away.

 

 

The wind shifts.

 

 

A zombie sniffs the turned wind, Kaleb smiles as the Zombie opens its eyes.

 

 

"RA—

 

 

Kaleb slices off the Zombies head.

 

 

*THUD*

 

 

The zombies head lands in the middle of the crowd. The crowd of zombies turns to the two of them standing there holding weapons.

 

 

Kaleb's heart is pounding, "Come on bitches!" he yells.

 

 

"RAHHHHHAHHHHHHHHH"

 

 

The crowd of zombies lunges at Kaleb in a disorderly manner, his initial estimate of hundred seems putting it lightly as decapitates many zombies. Bones joins in too as his giant axe slams down and splits them in half spray their interiors everywhere. It's a gruesome scene but the adrenaline is coursing through his veins as he slowly backs up.

 

 

"Come on, you're zombies. You want this don't you." he taunts the zombies over and over again, killing a couple every now and then before allowing his stamina to recover and going on with the slaughter. The zombies are always being led backwards, as they pass where the group is hiding.

 

 

Kaleb nods at them as he leads the hundreds of zombies far away towards a large shed-like building, to the side the rail tracks.

 

Announcement
Wow I posted a chapter of this? Amazing... also discord at https://discord.gg/gXrcqxbe
5