Chapter 1: Did I Die?
118 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Late into the night, with neighbors all asleep, with the occasional car honks by the drunken drivers zooming past the streets. But once one walked into this tiny apartment, any sounds seemed to be sealed off, leaving only an eerily silence, with the normal electronic humming in the presence and the occasional water dripping with the water taps slightly open.

In this dark apartment, the only source of light was the computer monitor, which flickered continuously. A young deathly pale man stared into his computer screen illuminating his unblinking eyes, his mouth was slightly gaping open, like he was sleeping, and his muscles slumped and leaned against the chair, his arms dangling alongside with the chair’s leg. But his neck remained straight, while his eyes remained open on the flickering screen.

If one were to move closer, you can see something red trickling down his bloodshot eyes, like an open tap that kept flowing out, leaving a puddle on the floor, and streaking his pale face with blood.

Drip Drop, Drip Drop

The screen flickered once more before changing to bright red words saying “The End”.

A sudden clap in the deathly silence, seemed to have awoken the entire world. The lights came back on, people started moving around on the set. The young man with bloody eyes seemed to have awoken and wiped his eyes smudging the red tears.

“Fuck, my eyes are so dry from keeping it open”

“Good job, you can get off the set now”, spoken in a hushed voice that seems to capture the attention of everyone. Even those who weren’t paying attention would unconsciously move their head to that soft voice.

The male actor hearing that voice wiped at his eyes faster, in hopes of catching glimpse of the director’s face. But even after wiping, he was only faced with ice cold piercing black eyes that seemed to form a barrier against the rest of the world. While his soft curls of hair spilled from the hat, and his face was simply hidden by a black mask leaving one to only imagine how good looking this man could be, or how ugly he can be.

Sigh, it’s been 6 whole months! Even till the end I cannot see this man’s face! How frustrating! Though he is famous director for horror movies, but still no one have been able to see his face, I thought it was just rumor, I guess it is true. Thought the male actor as he waited for his makeup artist to wipe away the makeup.

Standing by the cameras was the director, staring intensely at the scenes, while he calmly commented on some of the scenes just taken.

Right above him were the lightings, heavily swinging eerily amongst the sealed room.

Eeeee, it went, like a fly stuck on a spider web, it slowly tested out its strength, teetering side to side, before giving a fierce fight to break the string. People hearing the commotion stared up in horror as the lightings tremor, as if it was an unbalanced person on a rope, violently it swung and shook. Within the millisecond, before someone can scream for others to clear away, one of the lighting began falling right on top of the director who was still immersed into his work without realizing what is happening. Until he finally looked up to see the lighting growing bigger and bigger.

1 millimeter before the very sharp edges of the lighting hit his face, time seemed have stopped, the screaming silenced, the hands reached out paused.

The director with his back bent a little to avoid the lighting, straightened up again, moving away from the lighting.

With his eyes still calm as if he wasn’t 1 second away from death, he stared at the phenomenal that has just occurred. His eyes slightly squinted, as he thought deep and hard as to whether he is truly alive right now or not just died? Or else how to explain this situation?

He walked towards the lights suspended in midair to see whether there were any strings attached, but as he hover his hands across, he came up to empty air.

Could it be magnets repulsion? Shen Wei thought to himself.

He walked towards his side director, with open eyes still, looking towards the space where he was once standing, without blinking at all. His hands were outreached, as if his final attempt to stop the collision from happening.

Shen Wei waved his hands across the face, but yet no reaction.

Without the slightest hesitation, Shen Wei decisively slapped his assistant director.

Yes, Shen Wei slapped him very hard, not holding back at all, if one didn’t know better, they would have thought that he was the one who ruined his family instead of someone who worked with him for over 5 years, who was still young and had tender skin, whose mom did not even dare to hit him.

Yet, there was still no reaction, not even a red mark on his tender skin.

Tapping lightly on his sharp chin, with his long pale fingers, as his arms were crossed he thought harder.

“You are not dead…yet”, a mechanical voice spoke out emotionless.

Although the voice was not loud, but in this silence, where not even a pin can be heard, this voice was very hard to go unnoticed, along with the fact that the voice seemed to have came from all directions.

1