Chapter 4: Clues
101 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Shen Wei finally awoke from his shock, and to find himself panting along with Ye You, who have caught up to the other three. They ran far enough to not be able to see or hear the monster no more.

Looking at Ye You, Shen Wei squinted his eyes and coldly rubbed the hand that was held against his pants, as if he touched something disgusting.

“..Wh.Why is this happening to us??” Yu Yao cried out weakly as she leaned against the tree, supporting her whole weight. While Ying Ting was still dazed, trying to wipe the blood off of her, rubbing her arms harshly, only to smudge it more.

“More like what is that?” Ye You asked while walking back and forth making crunching sounds against the leaves which makes Shen Wei cringe at the thought of how loud they are.

“We should quiet down…we don’t know if it will come after us…” Zhou Wen whispered.

Everybody shivered at the thought of being hunted by that thing.

Ying Ting, finally came to sense, staring at her bloody hands, picking at her fingers she softly said, “We left her there to die”.

Guilt flashed across everyone’s face, it was true that when she cried for help, everyone was focused on their fear instead, and made no attempt to help her as she was dragged away from the monster. Even if they couldn’t help, but they never actually really tried to help.

“She’s dead and there’s nothing we can do now” Shen Wei calmly spoke as he stared at the three people. Shen Wei then turned cold and with his hands crossed, his finger tapped on his chin rhythmically while occasionally observing Ye You.

“Does anyone have a cellphone?” Zhou Wen asked.

Everyone patted themselves, Ying Ting was the only one who has their cellphone in the pocket but there was no reception at all. Feeling hopeless Yu Yao began crying softly into her arms.

There must be a reason why these 3 people are here, instead of us just being all players. From the beginning, the clues given were the film club, play, and Professor Chen. And the main point, 2 days and 1 night. Does that mean we have to survive till tomorrow night? Is that how we pass the instance? Not to mention what he saw with Ye You...

“Where did you park the car?” Shen Wei asked after thinking things through.

“…Don’t you remember? We got dropped off by Professor Chen, and then he left for his meeting” Ying Ting softly replied.

“So we aren’t far from the main city?!” Zhou Wen excitedly reacted.

Ye You shook his head and answered, “We only walked 2 hours to the campsite, so it shouldn’t be too far. We came from that way I believe”.

Soon, they all picked themselves up, picking up the sturdiest wooden sticks they could find, they began walking towards the direction Ye You pointed at.

“What’s the upcoming play about again?” Shen Wei inquired, staring mainly at Ye You who seemed the most collected out of the three.

Ye You gave him a confused look, but seeing how serious Shen Wei was and seeing that it wasn’t time to mock someone, he answered seriously,

“Did you forget your lines or what? The play we were planning on recreating was similar to Frankenstein. Basically, this idiot fell in love with a girl with terminal disease, who ends up dying on the day he planned on proposing. But before she could say yes, she died leaving him with an unknown answer, and causing him to endure a long lasting heartbreak. Now this idiot didn’t give up, and he started experimenting on people to try to bring her back to life. He began by stealing corpses, but then he started using live subjects”

“He also began playing with animal parts…” Ying Ting said, interrupting Ye You.

“Animal parts..?” Shen Wei whispered to himself. But with that said, everyone’s face turned green at the thought of that creature.

“How did the play end?” Zhou Wen asked hopefully.

Ye You shook his head disappointedly, “We don’t know. Professor Chen never got to finish the play yet. He said he should be finished by the time this trip ends”

“Why did Professor Chen cancel on us again?” Shen Wei questioned again.

“Professor Chen said his daughter got sick…so he had to go back and take care of her…he’s a single dad so he was the only who can take care of her” Ying Ting replied.

“…Sick? Wait!” Shen Wei alerted everyone, as he heard a rustling sound coming from the direction they were heading towards.

Everyone stilled themselves, and attempted to hold their breath.

But Yu Yao and Zhou Wen were already frightened to the point that they were about to pass out, so they breathed harder as they felt their heart beat faster and faster, till the point it was drowning out the other sounds, which made their fear increase.

While Ye You tensed and held up the stick in an attacking position.

Shen Wei looked around for the source of sound, and soon everyone begun to hear the familiar rapid footsteps from all directions.

Unspeakable dread drowned Yu Yao, and without reason she began running while crying, till the point she stumbled onto a hidden log gashing open a long wound, but she picked herself up and continued running towards where the supposed city was.

At this point, everyone started running too, hoping to get away from the creature and go to safety.

But as if to taunt them, the heavy breathing of the monster could be heard, mingled with theirs, but it sounded much harsher, as if it’s lungs have been burnt.

H..hu…huff…huff…HUFF

Hearing the monster getting closer, Ye You couldn’t stand it anymore and stopped running as he turned around and prepared himself in an attacking position once again.

“FUCK YOU! IF YOU WANT TO KILL ME THEN COME AT ME! FUCKING HELL I AM NOT AFRAID OF YOU” Ye You yelled loudly into the dark woods without a sight to be seen.

Seeing that Ye You stopped and that they couldn’t seem to outrun the monster, the other 3 also came to a halt from running.

Only Yu Yao continued running blindly ignoring all the branches that kept scratching her, causing her to look like a bloody mess.

Soon the heavy breathing and rustling came so close, as if the monster was right behind their backs breathing down on it, cold sweats begun to appear on everyone’s skin.

“AHHH!!! AHHHH!! GET AWAY FROM ME!!! AHHH SAVE ME!!! PLEASE!!” Yu Yao howled desperately, as the monster appeared behind her, grabbing hold of her shoulder with one claw slicing through her jacket leaving a bloody patch. The more she struggled, the harder the monster grabbed, until her right shoulder turned limp while dripping down blood. In pain, she could only stop struggling and cry miserably, as if she accepted her fate. While on the other hand of the monster was the chainsaw, still mixed with some blood and skin on its teeth.  

Ye You unable to stand the sight, rushed up to the monster holding the wooden stick and slammed it hard against the arms of the monster. However, the monster did not even flinch at the impact, merely, stretching its legs out, and with a kick, Ye You flew few meters back, crashing into a tree, knocking himself out.

Seeing how strong the monster was, everyone felt hopeless, except for Shen Wei, who quickly grabbed the knife Zhou Wei was holding on so tightly, but not welding it at all.

Rushing towards the monster with the knife held up, Shen Wei jumped onto the monster’s back and sliced down on where the arms were stitched with the torso.

Author:

I almost forgot how to post the chapter x.x! *feeling old...

As always comments are welcomed!! Encouraged!! Post post post pls xD

1