Chapter 7: Rest at Last
81 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Shen Wei awoken from the memories to find himself caught in the monsters hand with its claws sinking deeper into his skin, crushing his ribs.

Pain seeped into his brain, but although there’s pain, but a sense adrenaline also enriched his body, flowing through his blood, pumping his blood, making him see things more clear. Looking around, he can see that everyone else were running away, while the monster only had one hand left which was used to clutch him. The other, still spilling blood out, had fallen on the ground along with the chainsaw.

In his hand, he still held the knife, but gripped on the inside, causing him to slash himself slightly, with more force added from the clutch, the deeper the slash.

Staring straight into its eyes, he can see the unclear glaze. Taking a gamble, Shen Wei took a deep breath, causing his ribs to poke him more, but Shen Wei shouted,

“LE CHEUNG! WAKE UP! LE CHEGUN I KNOW YOU ARE IN THERE!!”

Hearing a familiar name, the monsters body froze and loosened unconsciously, dropping Shen Wei to the ground.

“LE CHEUNG! WAKE UP! DON’T BE CONSUMED ANYMORE!” Shen Wei screamed out, as he struggled to get up.

Hearing those words, the monster begun clutching onto his head, as he leaned forward as if its about to topple over. With his long black hair dangling close to the floor, but before he fell onto the floor completely, he arched back abruptly and let out a sorrowful roar that reverberated the surrounding. Everyone who heard it, stopped running and stood still in their tracks watching the monster.

“…ki…kill….kill me…ple…please…kill me”, it moaned out desperately, as it kneeled down, while clawing at its, face leaving bloody streaks, fighting against the streams of tears, against the pale skin. As if by doing so, it can erase its existence, its monster form, its ugliness and mistakes that he made that led up to this fate.

Ignoring the pain, Shen Wei stood forward, limping his way towards the monster. Seeing how most of his skin on his face being clawed out, leaving a bloody mass of muscles laid for view, Shen Wei felt pained at how a beautiful face can be ruined like that. Gently, he placed his hand on the monster’s head and he petted him soothingly.

Shen Wei knelt down to face the monster, and softly whispered, “Le Cheung, you did nothing wrong, only you placed your love on the wrong person. Don’t blame yourself anymore, you were simply a very pure and beautiful boy that deserved a lot of love. Life did you no justice this round. I hope next life you would be blessed with a happy family, and someone who truly loves you. Are you willing to move onto the next life?”

The question echoed in Le Cheung’s mind, thinking back how he studied so hard to get into a good university even while working, how even if he had no family to support him he still had good friends who shared their sadness and happiness with him, how he was so hopeful when he begun university. All those memories ached his heart, ah how he wanted to go back, how he wanted to never met Ye You. If only he didn’t, how would his life turn out? He was angry for the longest time while being tortured, but now he was simply tired, he wanted a good sleep, without any more guilt being awoken to victims being cut up by his own hands.

Le Cheung stared into the man with a black mask covering his face, but his black eyes remained clean and clear. Against the pale white skin, it sparkled with gentle sympathy, one can already imagine how charming he would look without the mask. Sighing softly with regret, how he couldn’t have fallen in love with someone like him instead. Having his head petted for the first time, actually bought such great warmth to his empty heart, if only he met him instead. With his final thoughts, he nodded while he slackening his body, and raised his head up.

Shen Wei hesitated a bit, but with a new determination he gripped the knife hard, before slashing Le Cheung on the neck.

Hot blood gushed out, landing directly on Shen Wei, smelling the familiar metallic, salty smell, Shen Wei shivered nervously with the urge to vomit. Holding the knife harder against his himself, he stabbed it slightly against his thigh skin, opening up a thin line with red liquid slowly spilling down his white pants. But Shen Wei stopped shivering, instead faced Le Cheung who has fallen down on the ground.

“I’m sorry”, Shen Wei whispered, as he petted his head one last time.

Everybody watched as the monster fallen, revealing a man drenched in blood, outlining his six packs and strong muscles. While his face showed a deep sadness and sympathy, as if he knew the monster for a long, long time. With the sun about to rise, it created a contrasting look, as if an angel fallen.

Zhou Wei was the first to react, and he randomly shouted into the air,

“HEY SYSTEM! THIS IS NOT WHAT I EXPECTED! I ALMOST DIED THERE! HEY! WHEN CAN WE GET OUT?!”

Everyone else seemed not to have heard him, and continued to stay dazed as if unsure as to whether the monster is actually dead or not.

Ying Ting, who was holding onto the injured Yu Yao, finally broke the silence, “Is it actually dead…? Is the monster Le Cheung…?”

Shen Wei, looked up, with face still covered in blood, but against the pale skin it looked rather enchanting.

Ignoring the question, he limped towards Ye You who have long woken up but was leaning against the tree breathing shallow breaths and with blood leaking out his lips. His eyes was only focused on the monster’s dead body though, as if he couldn’t see anything else.

Filled with anger, Shen Wei grabbed onto Ye You’s collar and let out a punch, one after another, until Ying Ting who was confused by the sudden scene, grabbed onto Shen Wei, seeing that Ye You could hardly open his eyes.

“Wait! Why are you hitting him?!”

“…You should ask him. He not only hurt Le Cheung, but plenty others too. And you want to know why? Because he couldn’t face himself! Because he couldn’t accept that he was gay, he was scared of being judged, he was scared of being hated upon. But funny enough, he still fell in love! He fell in love with Professor Cheng! Professor Cheng’s daughter died a long time ago actually, he’s been collecting bodies like in the play, to try to resurrect her again, but he simply turned crazy! To try to gain Professor Cheng’s attention, he began helping him, he chose targets he hated the most. How fucking ironic isn’t it?!”

Turning back to Ye You who turned even paler, at his deepest secrets being spoken out loud, secrets that he never thought would be exposed, secrets that he himself did not want to admit either.

Shen Wei angrily grabbed him again, pushing him against the tree,

“Do you want to know why Professor Cheng didn’t come? Did you actually think that he was simply mad at you for not doing your job properly?! He fucking let Le Cheung Out on purpose! To get rid of you! Police were catching on to the missing people in university, so he didn’t want you to bring him down! You fucking idiot, Le Cheung truly loved you, the others in the past also didn’t harm you!”

“…no…no Professor Cheung wouldn’t do that to me”, Ye You dazedly denied those claims, as he sunk down onto the ground without Shen Wei holding him up.

Unable to stand it anymore, Shen Wei wiped his hands with his facial expression showing simply disgust at the creature in front of him who started crying.

Feeling his emotions turning back to normal, his face turned cold again, as the sun finally rose all the way up and tenderly lighted his face with warmth.

With a flash, the surrounding turned bright, so bright that it turned white, forcing one eyes to close.  

 

Author:

Sorry for the late update!! I've been mainly drafting about ML's appearance and their cute interactions (WHICH IS NEXT CHAPTER)...and delayed wrapping this chapter up. DKM...Thanks for reading!!! Comments are welcomed!! :) Also it's almost xmas! 

1