Chapter 9: Beginning of the Apocalypse
67 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In a moving vehicle, with the air filled with tension and nervous sweat, there sat a calm man with a black mask on that made his pale face even paler, his white shirt neatly buttoned up but it cannot hide his well-developed chest and arms with a backpack on. His brown eyes was darting around analyzing the surrounding, with his sword shaped eyebrows that made his cold eyes colder and less approachable. Oddly enough, he was wearing thick black gloves that seemed excessive in this heat. His black hair seemed to curl up more at the heat.

Finally, his gaze laid on Ye Hua’s body, who was also staring at the newcomer with interest and kind eyes. Ye Hua was wearing a sleeveless grey tank top, which showed his tanned built arms, which seemed to be able to carry a ton without a problem. While his long legs were wearing army pants, and black boots. He had an army cut hair, but his facial features with his strong eyebrows, defined nose, big eyes, and thin lips that was smirking at Shen Wei made him look radiant and extremely handsome. Even Shen Wei who worked with actors all the time haven’t seen such a handsome face before.

Ye Hua was intrigued by such a guy who openly examined the surroundings without vigilance that a normal player would have. However, no matter how much he looked, he never made eye contact with him. And looking at the backpack provided from the store once you purchase food instead of the hidden inventory card, the whole appearance radiated the word ‘Newcomer’.

Ye Hua thought,

Unless he spent his points on something that he believes would help him pass this level? Like the ice dagger which costed a hefty 10,000 mins. Or else why would a newcomer come to this level? Seeking death?

Shen Wei who just finished examining Ye Hua turned his head back to the passing scenery, which was the country roads, filled with wild vegetation.

There are a total of 8 people in this van, including the driver. 3 players can be identified with the way they are dressed, so half of us are players, while the rest are soldiers. The soldiers are all holding guns, with their camouflaged paint face, but judging how their clothes are still clean means we are heading towards the mission spot rather than going back.

Seeing that nothing could be obtained from this observation as players remained silent, clues can only be given until he got to the destination, so Shen Wei begun to zone-out.

Lightly tapping on his lips over the mask, his eyes turned colder at the thought of his outburst from the previous instance. His lips begun to hurt slightly, as if old wounds were re-opening again.

Again, I used this power…sigh…I shouldn’t have said anything should I?

While thinking deeply, the van came to a stopped at least 10 meters away from the entrance of a village.

As everyone got out, tension rose in the air, the soldiers who were once silent but relaxed now tensed greatly, as their hands stiffened onto the guns, gripping it so tightly, veins popped out of their hands and arms. While the players feeling the fear emitting from the soldiers also turned vigilant.

One player with spiky blue hair, wearing a white tank top that showed off lean muscles, brought out knuckle rings that seemed to be made with titanium. While another player with glasses, dressed in a crisp blue work shirt, brought out a small gun that was strapped to his hips before.

As for Ye Hua, although tensed, he didn’t bring out any weapons, instead he watched intensely at the village ahead.  

The village seemed to be empty, with the sun directly hitting in an angle, one can see the accumulated dust gathered. The silence seemed to confirm the emptiness of the village, with only the sound of the engine running from the enforced van that can be heard.

Slowly, the soldiers begun to walk towards the village, with their guns held up ready to attack at the slightest movement.

The 4 players also moved behind the soldiers, not knowing what to expect, but no one dared to let their guard down in level A.

Shen Wei with no weapons felt his heart beat faster, but not from fear, rather anticipation, as his blood seemed to finally flow properly, his senses that was always heightened seemed even more heightened, fitting the scene perfectly well. A sense of familiarity clicks with Shen Wei as death marches near the corner.

They finally arrived at the entrance of the village, as silent as they can with light footsteps.

The old village was filled with houses with the typical clay and wood structures, with hay stacked roofs shielding it from rain and sun. Typically, these type of villages had a lot of dogs and animals like chicken pens as their source of income, as they barter with each other for necessities.

But this village was empty, the pens were empty, not even the scent of their residue remains.

As the team leader signaled, they split into two teams. Shen Wei joined the team who were focused on checking houses on the left side, while the other team focused on the right side. Walking in the village more, Shen Wei spotted an axe and a shovel, grabbing the axe softly, he nudged the shovel towards Ye Hua who was empty handed like him.

Ye Hua, staring at the shovel in front of him, his heart felt a twinge of happiness, although Shen Wei was coldly staring at the front, but his actions proved his face was just naturally cold, while his heart wasn’t.

Being through 10 instances, Ye Hua had already seen all sorts of people when facing death, those who turned crazy, those who only thought of himself, those who wanted to bring others down along. As the instances got tougher, so did people’s heart. Not many people would offer to help others without expecting something in return. Although Ye Hua was a special case, who helps people out when they were in desperate situations, that is because of how he was brought up. But without attachment, he would never stick with those he had helped, knowing that it would only drag himself down.

But looking at Shen Wei, he wasn’t expecting anything, as if it was just a normal gesture. However, it made one curious of whether it really meant anything at all. As if to test Shen Wei, he purposely dropped the shovel, which resounded loudly in this silent village.

Everyone glared at the source of sound, and Shen Wei merely glanced at the fallen shovel before focusing on the sound of rustling from all of the houses. As if the sound of the shovel was a trigger, disoriented ‘human bodies’ begun to emerge from the houses. Some were even crawling on the ground.

Seeing those grey bodies that was lacking in meat, only dried skin and bones, the soldiers started shooting accurately at the heads of the ‘humans’.

Author:

ML finally appears!! And welcome to the zombie arc buahaha! 

Behind the scenes:

Ye Hua: Finally I can appear before my beloved wife!

Shen Wei: ... *walks away*

Author: Wait! You can't just leave!! *Hits Ye Hua for saying dumb words

3