Chapter 41 – Back to Back
24 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As Mathis unhurriedly strolled off the stage he left behind him a stunned audience and dumbfounded spectators. Their reaction was to be expected seeing that U.S.A's steam was supposed to be the underdog but they won their first match that effortlessly.

The speaker gazed at Mathis back with a lob-sided jaw before he came to and said, "What a spectacular turn of events! team America has already taken the first battle of the tournament!"

....

"Who was that guy?" "I don't know but he defeated one of Russia's best talents" "I know and it was just in a few minutes, unbelievable!"

Two guys from the crowd exchange a dialogue.  

...

"Hmph, seems like this tournament might be interesting," said a person from Japan's team. He was their team leader, Donovan Silk. He had short white hair with red eyes clothed in a black shirt to harmonize with his white pants.

"He's pretty good, but the thing that bothers me was that technique," said a team member who seemingly speculated Mathis closely.

"Yeah, it looks troublesome. To be able to bind Judon in such a situation," another member said with a stupor expression.

"But wasn't he also able to see through Judon's unreadable attack too!" exclaimed a third team member in a curious manner.

Conversations such as these circulate like wildfire throughout the Arena. Nobody reckoned that America would have such a competitor especially the other organizations. This spectacle emptied their eyes and now they had to choose their cards more wisely. 

.....

"Dammit, Judon! How did he lose! And so f*cking easily! One of you got get him off the stage" the infuriated Alexander cursed. Immediately after a team member went to retrieve the unconscious Judon. 

"Hey, hey take it, easy boss, " said Eric before continuing. "We still have four battles left we'll be sure to get them."

Eric then turned to his teammates and said, "You all know what we have to do right. We didn't come here to lose face."

They responded with a slight nod and a cunning smile. "Good. Takei your next up." Eric stated in a commanding tone.

...

"Now then! Let's move on with the next battle! Teams choose your contestants!" the speaker said excitingly after witnessing the last battle. 

He then noticed that the other contestant was already heading up the stage. It was also a Class-S Warrior, Takei Lebedev from the Russian team. He had a build of a middleweight boxer standing at 6-foot 3-inches. He had bright yellow eyes with short white hair that stretched just below his ears. 

"To my fellow spectators, I present to you hailing from Russia's team, Takei Lebedev!" The speaker said upon noticing the figure. 

...

"Woohoo! It's Takei!" 

"Hey! Isn't he that nineteen-year-old who's one of the youngest in an organization," 

"Yes, yes your right! He defeated one of his seniors at the age of sixteen," 

"No matter who comes next I think he might be able to take this battle." 

.....

Meanwhile, Mathis who was now with his group discussed who will be next to participate.

"You put up a pretty good show but now I think it's my turn," Leon said as he smiled a Mathis.

"That battle took him too long. My brother could've finished it in approximately ten seconds flat." Maèl simply intervened.

Hearing this statement caused not only Vladimir but also the rest of the team to look at Maèl in shock. 

"What do you mean ten seconds? Do you think these organizations are that weak?" Arlo suddenly ridiculed Maèls statement.

"In my eyes they are. Why do you think I'm not participating? Did you think I wish not to? It's due to our master knowing my formidability why he forbid me from participating." Maèl gazed into Arlo's eyes as he said this. 

"You guys shouldn't underestimate us it could lead to the end of you," Mathis said with a smirk.

Neither Vladimir, Mrs. Elfise, nor the others replied. Simply because of the dense aura that was accumulating around the twins. It frightened them. 

"Enough chit-chat, I'll go reel in this second battle. You guys can just sit back and wait for the good results." Leon said as he got up and presided towards the stage. 

Sigh...I don't even know who's the team leader at this point Vladimir thought inwardly. 

....

"The next contestant seems to be making his entrance. But who might you be?" The speaker said as he glanced at Leon.

"Leon Jundeager," Leon modestly replied. 

"Ladies and gentleman here are our next contestant, Leon Jundeager!"

Though the speaker was excited the audience was in confusion. It was another name they'd never heard of. As for the other teams, they were curious because the previous contestant shared the surname of the current one. 

"Interesting," Seo-Yeon, the leader of the South Korean team thought as his face swiveled into a smile. He was a man that seemed to be 6-foot 6-inches with a faded haircut. He was clothed in an all-black tuxedo with a white tie. And his eyes that laid upon his distinguished face were green.

Leon finally aboard the stage and stepped to the middle. He looked around and surprisingly amongst the audience he spotted the girls and Alba attending the tournament. Nevertheless, he didn't proceed to grab their attention. Leon turned back to his opponent and was met face-to-face with Takei who was just 1-inch taller than him.

"He. Your teammate there might have gotten lucky last battle but I don't think I can say the same for you," Takei said as he licked his lips clean. 

"A mouth was made to talk. As for me, the results are what matters," Leon replied can't at the opposing adversary.

"Haha. I'll make sure to let you eat those words." Takei replied with a chuckle as he didn't fluctuate his gaze from Leon.

"Now gentleman's, let the second match begin,"

The speaker finally intervened as he motioned his hand to start the match.

"Let me be generous here, I'll give you ten moves before I decide to get serious," Leon said as he slowly cracked his knuckles.

"Tch, that's all I need," Takei replied. 

"Warriors Ability: Enhanced Body," Takei continued as his power skyrocket for a mere second before diverting in every direction within his body. This was an ability that allowed Takei to push his power beyond its normal capabilities. 

The audience had become silent while the organizations remained anxious. But soon the action to place. 

Takei launched himself towards Leon who stood there calm-headed. When the distance between the two was close Takei channeled magic around his right fist then conducted it at Leon's face. Leon raised his left arm to block but was caught off guard when Takei suddenly changed both his form and trajectory before delivering an uppercut to Leon's chin.

*BOOM* 

"Tch!"

He purposely lured me to believe he was going after my countenance then immediately attacked my chin. Very smart Leon thought inwardly.

Leon recuperated himself from mid-air when he flipped backward to land on his feet. He was caught with another ambush as he looked up to see Takei charging towards him at an immense speed. Takei swung at Leon, in an attempt to deliver a right hook. Leon parried that attack with his left arm and spun behind Takei.

What the? Those movements? Is he? Taki thought to himself after seeing how easily Leon maneuvered his attack.

"That's two. Eight to go," Takei heard a voice behind him. 

"Shut up!" Takei instantly turned around to attack Leon once again. He slid to the floor hoping to trip Leon but Leon did a front flip over Takei landing behind him yet again. Takei got upright from his sliding position to turn around to a smiling Leon.

This f****r? He's playing with me? Takei cursed in his mind as pulsing veins flashed across his forehead. 

"Well, then let's amp it up!" Takei yelled before he took off almost at the speed of light delivering blows and kicks at Leon. 

"Four, five, six, seven, eight," Leon kept count as he tapped into this network of blocking techniques. He was reading every muscle movement within Takei's body with his manticores eyes inevitably allowing him to predict each attack. A skill he picked up from his spar with Alfeios. The only difference was that Alfeios read trajectory instead. 

How is he avoiding and blocking my attacks? There's only one person in my organization that can do such a thing when I'm in this state. How is this snot-nose brat doing this? Takei thought as he became entirely frustrated.

Takei decided to change tactics when he suddenly backs off a few steps from Leon before leaping into mid-air towards Leon again. He clasped his hands together and struck downwards above Leon's head.

*Gasp*

*DOOOOM* 

Aha! I finally got him! Takei thought just before a horrified expression flashed across his face.

"That makes ten," Leon spoke from behind the smoke that accumulated from Takei's last blow.

Leon had raised his right hand just above his head blocking Takei's strike. Upon noticing this, Takei immediately retracted from Leon taking even more steps backward than before. 

How in the world did his arms survive that while the platform didn't? That was a hundred percent of my power. Takei thought nervously. 

*On the sidelines*

"What happening?" "How is he not injured?" "After all that he's still standing there unharmed" "Who is the monster the U.S has been hiding?"

The once silent throng now became disturbed as they closely experience the bewilderment with their own eyes. 

"What's going on Takei! Are you playing around up there! Hurry up and finish this you jackass!" Alexander spouted in frustration towards Takei. 

.....

"He's holding his own against Takei. What marvelous talent," Vladimir muttered while he speculates on the battle. 

"I expected no less. I knew he was strong from our first encounter," Elvis mumbled after hearing Vladimirs claim.

"I see," Vladimir responded without diverting his gaze from the battle. As for Arlo and the rest of the group they speculated with widened eyes. 

*Back on stage*

"SIGH, " 

A heavy sigh escaped Leon's lips as he now flashed a devilish grin. "Descendant Gene: Half Step," 

Leon said but without changing much of his physical appearance. In this form, only his hair grew down the middle of his back. While he activated the strength and speed of his mythical beast. He slowly stepped forward but suddenly he was now directly in front of Takei. 

Such speed. When did he? Takei tried organizing his thoughts but before he could.

*BOOOOM*

"AHHHH!" 

A bone-shattering punch landed directly on his chest plate sent him flying into mid-air towards the audience.

"Ohhh, INCOMINGGG!" An audience member yelled when they realizing Takei's body was flying towards them. 

But just before Takei's body could exit the stage Leon appeared behind him in mid-air.

*BOOOOM* 

"KYUEKK!"

Takei coughed-up puddle of blood as Leon delivers a straightforward kick into his spine sending him flying back toward the platform. One more time, Leon vanished to the platform waiting on Takei's flying body to reach within his range. And just then it happened. Leon aimed his fist and landed a punch into Takei's incoming face.

*CLICK* *CLACK*

Teeth sprung out of Takei's mouth. Leon kept up his accurate and persistent attack on Takei, pounding him effortlessly. He vanished from behind and then in front of Takei's' body as he connected massive blows every time. Takei was flying back and forth from corner to corner in Leon's mid-air barrage of attacks.

"What a one-sided massacre! Leon is taking Takei as his punching bag! Unbelievable!" The speaker finally rallied in the joy of the intense yet exciting battle. 

Even the crowd and other organizations gazed keenly with widened eyes. But in a matter of beatings, Leon decided to stop when Takei stopped struggling.

*THUD*

Takei's body dropped to the floor like dead meat. 

"We have a winner for the second battle Leon Jundeager!" The speaker cried out into his mic immediately after witnessing such an event.

Though the crowd favored Takei at the beginning they now saw a match they couldn't unsee. And so they rallied Leon.

"LEON!" "LEON!" "LEON!" 

 

The crowd began chanting his name. Their vocals echoed throughout the arena. 

That last blow of his was indeed nerve-wracking. I'm sure it was a hundred percent of his attack. Interesting....very interesting. I wonder what else the other organization has to bring. Leon thought before he took out a napkin from his suit pocket and wiped his bloody knuckles clean then smile before taking his leave. 

But not without blinking an eye at non-other than the other crews who stood their dumbstruck.

0