Chapter 1: Finally Home
28 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The door opened, a mother in 45 years old or so looked at Julius trying to identify the man in front of her. She is now trying to recall when she had seen the man's face, and when she asked, "Who ar--?" 

Julius then formed a smile, interrupted the women and said, "Auntie Yu". Just a simple word, yet the Auntie Yu's face began to change from shocked to happiness.

"Ah! Little Li [1]. Come in, your Grandfather will be happy when he see you!" 

She grabbed Julius hand and quickly make a way towards the house.

"Alright, alright Auntie Yu. How are you?"

"Aiya! Why are you asking auntie like that? Your auntie is still fine!"

By now, they already reached inside the house and the women shouted, "Master Lin! Little Li is already home!"

"Hah, it seems auntie is still healthy as you can shout that loud, haha!"

As the conversation and laughter continue, a old man in 70 years old walk out of his room. His sagged face coupled with white hair making his expression stiff. He dressed in a normal way that Grandpa will wear. 

Julius took that chance to hug his Grandpa, and guiding him to sit on the sofa. Then, his Grandpa opened the mouth and asked, "Little Yu, go bring him some water and cook the food for dinner." 

And he looked at Julius and said, "You still remember to come home?"

Julius then replied with a smile, "It isn't as if I have other choices. You see, Grandpa, they paid me to leave this country to study abroad and prohibit me from returning at least minimum of five years."

And he continued, "They also paid my life expenses, university fees, and many others. They are quite generous, aren't they? That's why I should not let them down."

Then Grandpa Lin nodded and said solemnly, "I see, they're really generous, huh? And you are already grown up as you can twisting the fact when talking to your Grandpa."

"Haha Grandpa, don't be like that. I've spent five years on abroad for nothing, right? I can always start to look for a new job and they will lined up just to hire me. So don't worry about that, and how are you doing in five years without me?"

They then continued to chat for 30 minutes and the food prepared by Auntie Yu is now prepared on the dining table. She quickly call them, "Master Lin, Little Li. The food is served."

Then, Grandpa Lin replied and said to Julius, "Alright Little Yu, and Little Li come for dinner before you head back home."

"Alright, Grandpa. The food aroma is quite good, I wonder has Auntie Yu improved her cooking skills again? Haha."

Then all three of them sat on the chair, tasting the food. 

Quite sometime after then, they finished the dinner. Grandpa Lin opened his mouth and said, "You are going back home now?" 

Julius then nodded, and Grandpa Lin continued, "I see. Come back tomorrow, I have something important to tell you."

Julius then smiled to his Grandpa and said, "Without you telling me, I'll always visit you in the morning, Grandpa."

Grandpa Lin then feel pleased with his answer, nodded and said, "Alright, if you want to head back, just go."

Then after making his way out of the house, Julius noticed that there is some people who he didn't know yet, but he greeted everyone with a warm smile. Even the women who worked as gardener feel charmed by him, as if they are melted by his smile. Soon, Auntie Yu called for his Grandpa's chauffer and preparing for Julius to leave.

He then bid a good bye to his Grandpa and Auntie Yu, and pointing the map location to the chauffer.

After sometime they arrived at his home. He looked up at the sky as the sun began to set. Wind blows onto him, making his hair as if following the winds direction.

He bid good bye to the chauffer, then looked at his house, the same as ever. He then opened the door with his key, and start checking several things and headed to his own bedroom. He then muttered in a low voice, "I'm finally home."

Note: 

[1] Little Li, the name is taken after his own name, Ju 'Li' us. 

0