Chapter 2: Inheritance
21 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Dawn, the appearance of light in the sky before the sunrise. The sky is still painted by dark blue colour. Julius woke up by the sound of alarm, then he went to toilet washing his face, brushing his teeth and the day just begun for him. 

Yesterday he slept well and feel comfortable as he was in his own house, unlike the time when he was in the United States. He also left his phone charged overnight. 

He then turn on the phone, and after several seconds the phone turned on. On his phone wallpaper, there is a three figure: Julius at the right, Grandpa Lin at the left, and his deceased mother at the middle. Three of them smiling on the camera, and the park in certain Europe as the background. 

He glanced on the notification, one by one messages started to pop-ups. He placed the phone on bedroom table, He then get dressed on black sports pants, white clothes and put on black jacket that comfortable for jogging.

He left his home at 6am, start on his jogging. He is well trained on this matter, as his deceased mother reminded him everyday to jogging as the form of physical exercise. 

***

After the jogging, he quickly went home to wash himself. He then dressed in normal people would wear in the summer, and prepared to visit his Grandpa.

He grab his phone, open application called "Goojek"  and called for a drive. After some confirmation, quickly the driver arrived at his house and then he addressed his Grandpa's house to the driver.

On his way, he noticed several billboard again. The same one as in the United States and Soekarno-Hatta International Airport. He felt rather curious, so he opened the official website on his phone and checked several things.

The name of game, "Fate of the Gods" an VRMMORPG. To put it easy, some people called it VRMMORPG: FotG. One need to order capsule so they could play the game. It isn't weird to find some people even working his ass off just to buy one capsule, as the capsule cost Rp30.000.000,- [1] for an ordinary one. 

The technology went into rapid transformation and eight years passed since then. Be it young or old, everyone is passionate about the games inside capsule, and they  even regard it as second world. 

***

Soon 20 minutes passed by, and they already arrived. Julius paid the driver and add some tips for him. He then rang the house bell, and several seconds passed the door already open for him. 

Auntie Yu is the same as before, warm as always. She walked beside Julius, and call for his Grandpa. 

His Grandpa walked out of his room with a man, seemed like a lawyer. The lawyer then greeted Julius with a smile, and Grandpa Lin asked us to sit. 

After sometime, Julius feel confused by the explanation of the lawyer and his Grandpa. The man that seemed like lawyer is a legal representative of NMC Securities, and to sum it up it was about the inheritance from his deceased mother and his Grandpa Lin.

He is now 25 years old, his deceased mother prepared this for him after he turned 25. But because Julius is prohibited by the contract to enter the country before finishing his university, he couldn't claim the inheritance. So they waited until today to finish his deceased mother wishes. 

The inheritance is not known to everyone, as Julius' father didn't even notice about the account on NMC Securities because one of the major shareholders on NMC Group is his deceased mother, so they kept it quiet about inheritance. 

Grandpa Lin explained, His deceased mother stock account on another securities was taken by Julius' father family. They claimed it would be returned to Julius when he reach the legal ages. But it was all lies. 

Everything that puzzled Julius now is solved. His deceased mother's bedroom is filled with bookshelf, and all the book is about investments. After his mother passed away, Julius often went to his deceased mother bedroom just to study the books. 

All in all, learning from the books for years explained how fast his career on Lanka Bank. 

The next inheritance is from his Grandpa, as Grandpa Lin didn't think that he could life for long and might forgot about his valuable things, so he passed his inheritance to Julius. Grandpa Lin only had one daughter, and his daughter adopted Julius.

Julius feel touched by what his deceased mother and his Grandpa Lin doing as they adopted him, raising him very well until now. He couldn't even find a chance to repay his deceased mother, but he surely could repay his Grandpa. 

Tears flowing out of Julius eyes, the NMC Group representative noticed this and excuse himself for a while. Julius hugged Grandpa Lin, and keep saying "Thank you very much, Grandpa."

Of course, Grandpa Lin also feel the same way as Julius. Then they proceed to finish the legal procedure of handing over inheritance. 

Julius himself now worth amount Rp1.000.000.000.000,-. This amount could let Julius live a freely life and could still left money for some generations after him. 

After that, the representative excuse himself to finish his job, and Julius with Grandpa Lin chatting for quite a  while of time before Julius head back to his home. 

Note:

[1] Rp30.000.000,- is worth $3,000. If $1 = Rp10.000,-. 

[2] Rp1.000.000.000.000,- is worth $100,000,000.

[3] Some of you might notice the difference between (,) and (.) in currencies. Yes, it's different in our country, so I pick the one that I'm familiar with so I won't be making a mistake. 

[4] This story is just building the start of the MC, It will progress slowly, and the VRMMORPG: FotG story will start shortly after 5 or so chapters. 

Thank you!

0