Chapter 3: Childhood Friend
18 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Inside a luxurious restaurant, on the ninth floor that only allows the highest membership to visits, a man with light scar near his cheek walking towards the exclusive elevator. He press the close button on the elevator, then proceed with placing his identity card and his thumb on close button without pressing it. 

As if the elevator responding to him, it quickly made way even after the floor showed '9', and after 10 seconds the elevator opened. The exterior designs is different from the ninth floor. The man with light scar then walk to one of the room, and he knocked on the door. 

Knock, Knock, Knock.

Soon, a man replied from inside the room, "Come in". Then the man with light scar on the cheek opened the door and walks for several steps and bowed to the man with messy hair. 

The messy man asked, "What are you reporting in the night?" 

Then the man with scar replied respectfully, "Sir, one of our man meet 'Him' accidentally while they are training and after I confirmed with the one who reported this, I conclude that 'He' is back."

A gust of happiness filed the messy man, he nodded and said, "Good, good. You need to reward the one who provide the information, and also go take the stuff from Room 401 and put in on the car for tomorrow morning, and tell Secretary Elen to cancel all my schedule tomorrow." 

"Yes sir, I will excuse myself then."

"Okay, go." After the man with scar left, the room once again filled with loneliness. The messy man then locked the door, proceed to the bedroom and quickly lying on the bed and muttered, "How long has it been? Why didn't you contact me when you already arrived? Even if others left you, I'll always be there for you, sigh." 

He recalled the memories of them when they are on junior high-school, they met for the first time, and continued with a low voice as if telling himself, "You know how I am indebted to you? Without you lending a hand to me, how can I live comfortably like this until now..." 

After series of nostalgia, he then fall asleep. He is eager to see 'Him' tomorrow.

***

In the morning, 8am. Julius finished his jogging and train himself such as push up and proceed with bath. He then finished and cook some simple meal to eat with rice. 

It's now 8:33am, 27 minutes before the markets open. He moved to the computer in the other room, the computer is well-cleaned. Clearly, Grandpa Lin sent someone to maintaining the whole house. 

After using the computer for nine minutes, Julius felt that the computer specifications is outdated but it works well for light uses such as browsing and opening the NMC Securities application. He then checked the portfolio on his stock account, written on his balance: Rp1.001.771.252.000,-. It was only the cash, as the representative from yesterday told him that there is also several stocks such as one of the biggest Consumer Goods Industry and Finance that hasn't been transfered yet. 

After familiarize himself with HMC Securities, he felt satisfied. In some spare minutes before the markets open, he printed some charts and read news regarding the companies. The news that placed on the top, [RH Group Expanded Their Main Business Overseas]. This news is quite useless for Julius, as he need to follow the latest news about economics situation in the country. After all, while he was in the United States he focused himself on their markets more. 

Several minutes passed, the markets already opened for 20minutes or so. While he is busy trying to sort things out, his door bell rang. He glanced on the wall CCTV Monitor and saw a familiar face. 

It is his childhood friend, Ivan. His long hair is now tied up, unlike the messy hair last night. His sturdy body, coupled with muscle makes him as if boss of gangsters. Ivan smiled to Julius, greeted and called him, "Brother Li, you are back." 

Julius replied to him with a warm smile, "That's right, Sorry that I haven't found a time to visit you yet, Brother Van. I'm dealing with some matters and familiarize myself for some days before heading out." 

Ivan however replied, "Heh! I thought that you already forgot about my existence, and here I brought your birthdays gifts." 

A woman in her twenties carrying some boxes of gifts and she is Ivan's secrerary, Elen. After counting the boxes, she left his boss and Julius. A total of six gifts in the boxes now lined up in front of Julius.

Julius thanked his brother, "Thank you brother Van for the gifts and why did you bring six gifts?" 

Ivan replied, "That month you left  for the United States caught me unprepared, so I stack the gifts up in my room and here it's, six gifts." 

Julius nodded at his answers and said, "You see, I am a little ashamed as I can only give you one gifts I brought from the U.S., and come inside. Familiarize yourself with my house."

Ivan then followed Julius and stepped inside the house. As they are walking inside, Ivan replied to Julius, "No worries at all, Brother Li." 

After that, they sat down on the sofa. They chatted, chuckled, and laughed from time to time. Both of them having little reunion after separated for almost six years. 

1