prologue – A cliché death
10.1k 16 101
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Beep Beep Beep,  Beep Beep Beep, Beep Beep Beep...DING

I was woken up by the alarm clock beside my bed. It was now 10 in the morning. Since I was now without a job, had no girlfriend, and was only studying through the open university passively, I had a lot of free time on my hand to do whatever I wanted to do, Like playing games, reading manga and light novel, or masturbating to tentacle porn until late and waking up whenever I wanted. With my parent's financial support, I had no pressure to get a job. My name is John by the way.

Getting up from bed, I went and took a morning shower, brushed my teeth, got dressed, and got some breakfast. My parents were now at work since it was Wednesday, and since I am an only child, I was alone at home. Finishing my breakfast, I noticed the usual Wednesday note left by my mother on the fridge door. It was a shopping list containing whatever my mother wanted me to buy in the local grocery store. This is one of the things that my parents made me do to freeload in the house at the age of 23.

Having nothing better to do, I went out of the house with my phone, keys, and wallet. The money to buy the groceries was wired to my bank account every month with some extra, So I didn't need cash from my parents. Leaving the house and walking 2 blocks away, I soon reached the grocery store. Inside I bought everything on the list along with a few things I wanted and went to pay the bill.

The cute clerk gave me a warm smile while she checked the items on the counter. Her name is Amanda, and she has been working here for a few months now. She was hinting at me to make a move on her for some time now, But I'm too much of a recluse so I don't know how to react. Paying the bill, I left under her slightly disappointed but still smiling gaze.

Walking out of the grocery store, I started walking back. Halfway through, however, In the middle of a crosswalk, I saw a young girl crying. There were red lights now, and a car was coming in with no sign of stopping. My body moved automatically. I dropped the groceries and ran towards the girl. I was never an athlete, but damn, I swear I had never run so fast in my entire life. Reaching the girl, I had pushed her away, Just in time for the car to hit me.

I felt pain and was seeing red. My body stopped feeling anything as my vision blurred, only to see Amanda and the little girl crying above my head.

 

 

 

 

 

"Hello John, Welcome to my domain"

Hey guys, the new prologue of the rewrite of the story. Enjoy!

Please do comment about any grammar errors you see. I am trying my hardest to avoid any obvious mistakes.

101