Chapter 5: Kill the Witch
1.9k 4 64
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 5: Kill the Witch

"Kill the Witch! Kill the Witch!"

"Die for my older sister you witch!"

"My daughter didn't deserve to die! She was so young! Huhu. You're the one who should have died!"

This time they're not throwing any stones, but tomatoes, eggs, eggplants, carrots, and other leafy vegetables. I feel like a salad. A little olive oil and I'm perfect.

“I had only one son! Why did he have to die?!”

"Justice! Justice!"

"You got our Lord killed! Stupid cunt!"

I wanted to laugh, but my sealed lips stopped me once again. You have a lot of gall to talk about justice in front of this damsel. I’d like to keep silent for this one. Not that I have a choice, anyway. Since I don’t know a damn thing!

"Burn her! Burn the witch!"

I heard the fury in the voices of the mob whom I passed through. I could see the blazing passion laced in their gargling shouts and cries. From young to old, all roared their heartaches against me like I was some great sinner.

But I did nothing worth a death sentence. I want to shout back at least once. I want to reason, at least once. Unfortunately, this gag on my mouth wouldn’t even let me open my mouth. I don’t even have the energy left to even counter glare.

I felt my eyes getting blurry. My heart thumping loudly not because I was going to die. It was more because of the petrifying shock and dreadful helplessness.

A titled princess had fallen and, like a crimson-assed baboon, was being paraded through the streets of an unknown world.

It would have been far better if I simply died in the embrace of the snow-laden Antarctica. That frozen land has given me all the peace that I need in my entire damn life.

It would have been far better if I could just live in that sweet but moist prison. Drifting thoughts of what-ifs intertwined with the emptiness, doubt, and fear that had engulfed me.

The shouts were getting louder and louder. I want to cover my ears, but I couldn't do so because of this damn chain. At most, I could only do it with my metaphorical hands. I want to shake it away, but I feel like I am losing my strength every time I try.

I shifted a gaze away from the livid crowd, avoiding the scary eyes of the people I saw. The madness lying in their eyes - it was like the abyss. The depths of their hatred seemed unfathomable. My heart galloped in chaos every time I met the crowd’s piercing eyes. Turning my eyes away from them was the only option I could opt for.

Focusing on what was happening around me would not help. I tried analyzing my current predicament instead. My brain ran back and forth, juggling for any possibilities to turn the tables. A chance of escape, but I despaired more after finding none.

‘Transmigration.’

I'm not a total fan of fantasy nor any web novels, but I read them from time to time. Aside from finding joy in traveling through the unknown, I'm also someone who loves watching movies. I'm not stupid enough to not know the word "transmigration."

Yep, transmigration was what I’m currently suffering from! If I saw the creator of this genre, I’d rip him to shreds! Hell, this aunt shall do it barehanded!

And this is the worst transmigration I ever heard—no, experienced! If asked how it felt, I would say that it felt like I was living in a nightmare. A useless window status as my cheat. I don't even know who the hell Victoria was, not even her previous story! Come on, the flashback thingy was a thing as far as I know.

Princess? Me? Are they sure?

Peh!

This is not the right way to treat one. You don't put a royal in a cage like a wild beast. I also wouldn’t get cussed in public, for that would be Leše-majesté! I want to believe what the frigging status window was saying, but...

But all of them were accusing me of being a witch? A bitch? I have no knight in shining armor. Now, I kinda realized why that company that used a whistling mouse driving a ship as their logo changed the grim endings of those various fairy tales. It's bound to suck big time if they didn't do that!

I could feel a shiver tingling up to my spine. Is this fear?

My brain ached. I could feel a thumping in my eyebrows. It was worsening as I got nearer to wherever I am going. A bubbling sense of uneasiness filled me from my stomach. Mist rose from my eyes, building riverbeds downward to the alleys of my parched lips.

It's salty, wet, and sour.

What's next?! Can this get any worse?

For some unknown reason, I felt like I've been on this road many times. There's a sense of familiarity rising within my heart. A longing for something. Maybe the previous owner of this body had been here before. Anticipation laced with dread - what a weird feeling.

I could feel my soul slowly giving up.

Am I falling into the deep wells of despair? A humongous chunk of worry was blocking my throat. I'm finding it hard to breathe in and out. Cold sweat fell from my back. A chill arose from my heart. My intuition warned me of my upcoming death.

Is this my punishment for only thinking of myself? One death wasn't enough for my fate; I needed to die twice to fill fate's punishment for me. Am I that bad of an auntie? But I give gifts every Christmas! The cute kids even called me Ms. Santa.

I raised my head; catching the sight of a familiar giant castle up ahead. The grating noise buzzed through my ears. It was also getting louder and louder. It sounded like the mass rallies which I watched on the news. The only difference was that I am the one being cussed - not by some president, investor, or politician.

Wait… am I shivering?

I looked at my two chained hands with a wry smile in my heart. They’re trembling.

Soon, I saw strands of hair falling, blocking my vision. Lilac threads sprawled into my shaking hands, covering my fear and anxiety. I remembered the flowers I once saw in the flower parks during my visits to France and the Netherlands. The flowers of innocence, purity, passion, spirituality, and love.

The thin filaments made me smile a little. Isn't this color too perfect for me? It gave me a bit of courage to face whatever is waiting for me. I'm innocent.

I lifted my head and looked at the breathtaking castle. It's a classic architectural wonder. I thought that I somehow transmigrated to medieval Europe, but I knew this castle didn't exist in any books or on earth. I had visited most of the well-known castles on the blue planet. So this enormous wonder confirmed my deductions further.

I’m not on earth.

Another world? Or back to the past? The future? Throwing all these thoughts away, I snarled. Though it looked like the middle ages, whatever timeline they have thrown me into, it still sucks. For now, I want to eat wonderful food.

I pressed the clump rising from my throat. Studying the wonder before me, I felt like I was back in the old days. I was curious about everything. The grandeur of the castle made my mouth gape.

The castle walls looked like a colossus protecting the treasures of the world. I gazed at the castle and realized that they did not build the castle with a single type of stone. All crannies were unique, they designed each corner with blocks of gems of various types. The glittering of silver and gold also shone from the walls.

In earth's standards, the lavish castle might have been worth trillions of dollars.

I felt worried about the owner of this place. Doesn't she or he fear robbers?

Whoever built this place was filthy, stinking rich! Maybe he or she doesn't need to fear robbers since he could just hire a lot of guards to avoid any stupid thoughts.

The castle was like the crown of the entire area. The castle would make someone feel overwhelmed. It was glorious to behold. The place was fit for a powerful king!

Slack-jawed, I remembered something.

One word; magic. Possibly. No work of hands could make such a wonder, especially in an era like this where heavy-duty technological construction tools don't even exist. Those machines weren’t even capable of constructing such an awe-inducing castle.

I don't know why, but pride oozes out of me every time I cast a glance at the castle. But after taking a few looks, I soon felt sad. With a straight gaze, I focused my thoughts on the building. My flooding thoughts blocked the echoing curses.

Watching the architectural marvel had become an excellent distraction.

A few more hours had passed, I felt like I just faced the greatest number of vengeful gazes in my entire life all in a mere sixty minutes. At least, I realized that this was not my body. I am sure that this place isn't my world.

What kind of shit-stirrer was the former owner of this body? That’s one of my biggest questions. Well, at least I can tell a few people in the crowd don't show hostility towards me.

Though only a handful; A few grains of sands in a desert storm.

I can sense pity from their eyes. Wait, pity? Do they know me?

One of these handfuls of men met my eyes. Though I don't know them or remember them. I sense the regret in those eyes. It was telling me ‘I’m sorry.’ But for what? You’ve done nothing wrong… yet.

Although, my eyes feel blurry. I could sense fear, doubt, hopelessness, and anxiety in those eyes. Whoever they were, they’re filled with regret. I could sense the dilemma within him.

Wait, do I know them? I mean, does the old owner of this body know them?

I held the rims of the cold cage, trying to get a better look. As soon as I glimpsed them again, they turned their back, walking away from the gathering crowd, away from the cage that I was in.

I watched their fleeting shadows moving farther and farther away. A speck of dust stung my eyes. A salty batch of warm tears fell from my dry eyes. Hope came. And now gone.


If you want to support me whilst having more advanced chapters, please check out my Patreon. Credits to MarkOfWisdom and Rydenius for the editing help.

64