36.To remove one’s concern
218 1 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"When you say let's go outside, I never think that this is what we actually gonna do..."

"You did not like fishing?"

"No, I just never go fishing before. But, to think you will invite a noble lady to fish? I never expected that."

With her remarks, she said that in a casual tone.

"Aren't you an unusual person..."

"Yeah... You could say that. By the way, did you know? Just a few months ago this lake is completely frozen. You could even walk on the ice."

"Well, it is almost spring after all."

"Yeah.... the temperature also are getting warmer... So how are you feeling?"

"I'm already calm now. Maybe, the atmosphere of this village really helped."

"I'm glad if that's the case."

"But the spring huh... Grandfather usually teaching blacksmith at this time of the year. If I think about it, he is rarely at home."

"..."

"You know both my grandparents are the ones who raised me since I was a child. My father died in a war before I was born and my mother shortly after giving birth to me."

"..."

"Both of my grandparents are like a father and a mother figure to me because of that."

"They take a really good care of you huh?"

"Well, that is not always the case... They really spoiled me as a child and because of that I also do a mischievous thing from time to time."

"What happened between then and now?"

"At some point, they started to become strict and I also learned about the responsibility of those who born as a noble."

"So, they even hard on you, huh... You know, at first, I thought that you were one of those people who were perfect from birth."

"Of course not, hehe~ but, that is how you see me huh.... what makes you think so?"

"I don't know for sure. but, I'd say that the first and the second time we met, you have a really different feeling."

"Are you sure that is not because I wore armor when the first time we met?"

"You think so? Because I probably feel a different thing."

"..."

"You know I know a great person the moment I see them."

"..."

"There is the time when a certain moment would shape a person more than that person's entire life would be.

You, you are a strong person I could see that. I think this is the moment that will make you grew up as a person. To become a person greater than you already are... So..."

"..."

"So please, don't lose. If it is too hard for you to bear alone. There always be someone who will help you. Someone like Lin, or your grandmother or even me.... So.... So-"

"....Un. I understand... Thanks, Ray."

"..."

"The sun is almost set. How about we end this here today?"

"It's already that late !?"

"Yes,it is. Did you not notice it? Fufu~ It is fun to be with you. I did not even think about anything else but this moment, when I am with you.  I appreciate your concerns, it really makes me feel assured."

"...."

"Thank you."

That ends our conversation of that day. 

She walks in front of me, once and twice she looked back, smiling.

Towards that, I could only smile back at her, try to keep her smile as long as possible.

A simple yet genuine wish. 

9