42.Business, if you could say so
179 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

So, I was in my workshop just like always doing my things.

And as for now I already go a decent amount of iron bars that I think, I finally can stop and rest to enjoy the day until I got the next order.

Well, it is hard to become a specialist in a world where quantities are what the public demands the most.

I know, I can make that horseshoes and sell them for a decent amount of money. But, hey, someone already did that. In fact, a lot of someones already did that.

So, there is no meaning to become one of them.

Well, eat that thought and die in your grave Ray, because as for now if not from some miracle. New face like you won't make even a single pennies.

Truth to be told, that reason is the reason that I used to answer someone when they ask me 'why are you becoming a magic blacksmith?" 

The real reason was actually that it is work in my specialty that did not require a constant amount of work.

Imagine an inn worker, 5 days a week. No change in that schedule.

Even if you said you make a decent amount of money. I will say that I won't do that kind of work.

The reason is not enough time for me to spare for myself.

I couldn't imagine a fate worse than can not stop thinking about work when you were supposed to be on a day off.

But, if you think about it. I probably was the one who is wrong here.

I did not have a constant order. That also means that the nature of my job is really unpredictable.

Tomorrow could be the day where a blacksmith is not needed, and when that day happens I'm gonna really screwed.

Did not have a name, did not have fame, and did not have popularity that would make me survive when that day arrived.

That is the fate of specialists.

I pray to god to make that day only a far distance impossibility.

--------------------------

"Hey, Ray! I have this request from a noble for you."

God bless, godspeed. 

Perhaps God really is listening.

"Oh, Naomi... What's up?"

"Why are you kneeling on the floor? Well, forget about that... I have this request from a certain noble for you."

"Wow, really how did you get that?"

"Well, I tell them that there is the successor of the king of iron. And they just lose it, probably after his death, many noble searching far and wide to find his replacement."

"Is... Is that so?"

"Don't worry I did not sell any personal information about you to them, I only tell them that such blacksmith exists."

"Thanks..."

"Don't sweat it, it would cost extra if they only wanted to know your name. Don't worry about it, I know that the world of a nobleman is the world that more extreme than what it looks like from the outside. You know what I mean, right?"

"Of course. It is so clear what are you implying right now."

"Well, I thought that I need to lower it this far if I want you to understand. This is also me measuring your ability so just ignore it."

"Why should I ignore it?"

"Well, if you do it. We can have a long-term business relationship."

"That far."

"Yup, that far. So, what you gonna do? Are you gonna take the request or not?"

"What about the payment?"

"This one is a real deal. Just say the number."

"Aren't this sounds a bit shady?"

"I am a contract merchant Ray, not a mercenary. If this is dangerous, I won't even convey this to you right now."

"When's the deadline?"

"3 months. Could you do it?"

"Is there any specific request about this order? That is relatively a long time to create a single weapon."

"No, just create it as this instruction."

"Well, let's see what I could do."

"So, you accept it!?"

"Yeah, you sure helped me a lot."

"Great I will tell the client."

"Already leaving? You just got here today right?"

"It's not a big deal. The life of a contract merchant is that of a traveler."

"I see. You sure not here till at least tomorrow?"

"Well, I could stay if you insist."

"It's not that I'm insisting it. It's just that it is almost dinner. If you already paid the price to stay so, why not stay?"

"Well, that makes sense. I will go tomorrow then. So, why are we still here for? Let's have dinner with everyone."

"Sure miss, you could go first if you want to."

"No, I will go together with you. And stop calling me miss."

5