46.An attempt to ask for help
169 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"So, what do you think?"

I ask her, who listen to my plan for about an hour.

"What I think...? For god sake Ray, this plan of yours is so troublesome for me you know."

"Come on, just this once... I beg you."

"If you are that scared of the noble then why did you still accepting requests from them?"

"Well, you see both of us is a Craftsman, right?"

"Uh-huh."

"Then you know that I am a specialist right?"

"So?"

"So...... I kinda need the money."

Even though I try my hardest to explain it to her, the disappointment is written so clearly across her face.

"*sigh~* Ray, you know that this is almost the time of my graduation, right?"

"Aren't that still in June, if you didn't help me. I probably will be dead by then, and so too with our promise."

"*sigh.....*"

She exhales her breath, she didn't look angry. But, something about my word must have hurt her somehow.

"Aina, I-"

"No, Ray. It is okay..... I will help you."

There is a hint of sadness in her voice, almost as if she just about to break into a tear.

I probably opened her old wound.

I'm so stupid, I am here to ask for her help.

Yet, look at how I am now. Instead I just using her painful memories as a hostage.

I'm the worst.

"So... What are we going to do?"

"..."

"Ray...?"

"Ah, yes. I'm sorry so-"

Her lips are showing a faint smile, yet, her eyes are distant.

Even as her eyes meeting mine, I know the what she saw in me was not me. But, her deceased little brother.

-----------------------------

It was one year ago, around the time of new years.

I who was still a blacksmith apprentice collapse on my way home.

"Oi! Are you alright. Keep your eyes open... Do you hear me!"

Her voice at that time was faint and unclear. But, The next thing that I know was, I notice that I wasn't in my room.

I was on unfamiliar bed, in an unfamiliar room.

"You, are you feeling okay...."

The one who greets me was her. A girl with long ears and a long blonde hair that was tied in to a small bun.

"Where am I?"

"You are at the girl's dormitory. I found you unconscious near the way here. What are you doing, out so late in the night?"

"I... I was on my way home to my dormitory. But probably I was too exhausted."

"There isn't any sign of heavy physical labor on your body. And you clearly are not injured. So, are you some Craftsman apprentice?"

"Yes, I am supposed to be a blacksmith."

"*sigh...* I knew it... Are you practicing command code?"

"Huh, how did you know?"

"Well, you could say that I'm also familiar with it."

"..."

"So, it's already so late. it is probably just a few minutes before new years even. So, could you wal- No, do you even be able to stand?"

"I'm sure I can."

"Then, do it."

I tried to move my arms to get out of her bed. But,

"Huh... I can't move my arms..."

"Hah... Of course so... I will report this to the dorm mother and ask to sleep with her tonight. You, just rest in here."

"..."

"Don't worry, you won't be paralyzed forever. Probably for a few days though. May I ask your name and your teacher's name? So I could report this."

"My name is Ray and my teacher is... King of iron."

"Ah, him. Suddenly all of this is make sense. Well, just rest, for now, I will take care of this. Good night."

"Wait, who is your name?"

"Ah... I almost forgot to introduce myself, my name is Aina."

"Aina, Aina. That's a nice name, nice to meet you, Aina."

"Nice to meet you too Ray. Happy New Year."

"Happy New Year."

That was a weird note to end an conversation.

She leaves after that.

And there just me,

Just me alone.

Gazing toward the unfamiliar roof, of her room.

6