47.The thing so called, affection
161 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It didn't take me too long before I can walk normally again.

I could already move on the first day and on the third day I already fully recovered.

They said my time of recovery was too fast for someone from the human race.

But, I never take it too seriously because other than me, I never saw someone paralyzed because of command code overuse.

"I couldn't blame you for this one, that person is a really strict teacher after all."

"Yeah, you could say so..."

"It could be fatal you know? What if you collapse and no one there to help you? You could have been freeze to death."

"I really didn't want to think about that. It would not be funny if person from the North died of a cold temperature."

"I guess that is also true."

From small moments like that, it is becoming so easy to talk to each other.

Probably because that we were both are Craftsman.

Or probably because that we were both sorts of come from the same background.

"Wait, you have a younger sister? I also used to had a younger brother."

"Used to had?"

"Yes, he already in a better place now. He is sweet and cheerful. Also, a talented magician. Unlike me who only be able to use magic because I am really interested in learning it. He is different. He is what they called a genius."

"What happened to him?"

"He realized that I kinda jealous of him, so, for my birthday he gives me this necklace. Too bad after that day his health conditions becoming worse and worse."

"..."

"Weird isn't it? Elf usually famous because they lived for hundreds of years. Yet, he died at the age of 16. A really unfortunate event."

"I'm sorry to hear that..."

"No, we elf has the tradition to respect death, it is strictly discouraged to lament  over the dead."

"Ain't you miss him?"

"It is not the loss that hurt but, the regret that came afterward."

Of course, at the time I did not know anything better. 

Truth be told, I did not like it when someone's emotions are showed so clearly.

Even without a word, I know what she feels. 

I just didn't know how to deal with it.

I feel overwhelmed by her emotions. I would do anything just to stop it or escape from this.

So at that time, I said this to her,

"How, about me then? I could become your little brother. We probably won't be that different in age."

"Is that so? When is your birthday?"

"It's December 21st."

"I see, you really are in his age. But, I can not do it, Ray."

"Why not?"

"Because I already did it."

"Huh?"

"Since that night that I first met you, you reminded me of him, so I come to look at you a little closer. That is the moment where you collapsed."

"And that is when you saved me..."

Probably both she and I, never expected that the two of us would even become a friend.

But one thing is true. 

It is the fact that her feelings for her brother is what have saved me that day.

6