48.Unnecessary anxiousness
151 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"You've had enough?"

"You don't need to worry. You can move now."

She releases all the strings that just a moment ago really close to me.

"What is your intention?"

"To confirm who is truly sided with the Queen."

"So, are we gonna act as if this never happened?"

"No, not we. But only you."

"Fine, fine... I did not like your ways though..."

"That is none of my concern. Farewell."

She vanished almost as if she was never there.

"*sigh...* people from the Bright family is really are scary. I'm glad we have them on our side."

I am not a spy.

I am a contact merchant, and I already have a customer.

I really hope that she will let me go after I said that.

---------------------------

"Ah, miss Nao. Already done with your night walk?"

"I am. How is Lin and Lady Lucia?"

"Hmm... They also just got here. They already inside for dinner. Why do you ask?"

"Hm? Oh, I saw them on my way here."

"I see, so, are you gonna be joining for the dinner?"

"I think I'm gonna skip dinner tonight, I did not feel so well, so I'm gonna go to rest early."

"Is that so, why didn't we ask miss Lin to check on you then? She told me before. That, she knows some recovery magic."

"No, I think. I'm just gonna slept it out. I didn't like to bother people with my problem."

"I see, get well soon then. Good night miss Nao."

"Good night."

---------------------------

That night on the same day, I reported most of what I discovered to lady Lucia.

"And that the gist of it."

"Say, Lin are you gonna report this to grandmother?"

"Well, of course. I am serving for the Bright family after all. This is also to protect both you and the family."

"I see. But the Queen, huh..."

"What is it, my lady?"

"Well, you know. Could she also aiming for Ray?"

"My lady... Please take this matter more seriously."

"But, if you think about it. She is the Queen. She's beautiful, she's strong, and she has more authority than me. If she is my rival how do I supposed to beat her?!"

"My lady I think you really did not take this matter seriously. I mean, you could think, why such person as the Queen who already ruled over this continent needs a weapon-smith for?"

"You won't understand my feeling until you, yourself fall in love."

"*sigh...* fine, so what are you planning to do if the Queen really is your rival?"

"Well..."

"As I thought... Why don't you just let it go then? They are always another person."

"No can't do. As the noble of Bright family, surrender was never an option."

"If that is true how about comparing yourself with the others?"

"The others? Wait, you mean there is more!?"

"Well, if we only speaking hypothetically. Then, why didn't we go all the way? You are the one who brings this out after all."

"Uuuu...."

"What about Alicia? The only person who he clearly showed his affection for?"

"She is his sister..."

"Well, they aren't connected by blood so what's the problem?"

"..."

"What about Naomi? She is a contract merchant, because of her job, intimacy is required to extract information. It is not impossible for her to be closer with Ray more than you."

"Aaa.... That's enough."

"What? you didn't want to know about your other rivals? This is the information that I got from the espionage division. I'm sure you don't want to miss this one, right.....?"

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I will take things more seriously from now on so please stop....."

"*sigh* so you still won't let him go?"

"..."

"Fine, at least I will give you an advice... My Lady, it is okay to lose to the Queen."

"Huh? What do you mean?"

"I literally meant it, if he is with the Queen, then, he will have higher authority than you. The highest authority even."

"So..."

"If you close to both, him and the Queen. If, the Queen chooses him. He can at least also choose you, and the Queen will allow him to do that."

"Wait?! What do you mean by that?"

"It is already late, you better get some rest, my lady."

"No, wait! Lin..."

I shut the door to her room, and walk to my own room.

"*sigh...* Good god, I'm glad that the room here is soundproof. I hope her screaming did not bothering anyone."

Hah.... If she has the time to think about love. I hope she also has the time to think about her responsibility as a noble.

6