Chapter 52 – Unexpected Interruptions
491 2 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lei Xing was oblivious to the fact that she was being observed, she had just realized that she was walking to nowhere and so abruptly stopped her steps to look around the area, while considering of what to do now.

...Should I just go back?...No! Too early!...

 Lei Xing slowly started walking forward again while observing the shops in the area, then she spotted a restaurant and then realized that she hadn't eaten all day. She was too excited about her outing that she didn't care to eat when she left. So they went into the restaurant, Lei Xing requested a private room, and after getting settled ordered some food and then added on wine.

....I really need a drink right now...Quacky old man, what is so funny about that?!... I hope he chokes on laughter...Hey!...Fine, fine, I hope he's fine and happy...Seems like he was having a blast -_-)...And he wonders why no one just visits him, I see why...Seriously? -_-)'...What?! Can't I vent in my own head again? Is it a crime? It's not like I'm badmouthing him to anyone! Just myself and I...

Lei Xing took deep breaths trying to calm herself. Ah Jin, who was sitting across from Lei Xing watched the range of fleeting emotions across her face and was a bit confused as to what happened to ruin her mood, but she was getting used to Lei Xing's weirdness and so didn't think much of it.

After a short while, the wine was brought in and Lei Xing immediately poured a cup, downed it one go and banged the cup on the table and let out a deep breath.

"Well, you seem stressed." The voice came from the doorway and Lei Xing and Ah Jin immediately turned to see Prince Yi standing at the doorway. Ah Jin quickly got up and bowed in greeting then moved to the side, while Lei Xing just narrowed her eyes and groaned on the inside.

...What is this now?... I really don't need any more annoyances in my life right now, I think I've had plenty -_-)...

Prince Yi calmly walked in and sat across from Lei Xing despite her non-existent reception, while Lei Xing blankly stared at him, then she quietly sighed and poured herself another cup of wine and sipped it while looking off to the side.

...Sure why not make yourself at home....What does it matter that you're unwelcome -_-)...

After a long silence, Prince Yi asked, "So what troubles have you encountered?"

"Nothing that should concern you..." Lei Xing mumbled under her breath.

...So get a clue and get lost!...

Prince Yi pretended not to hear her and continued to ask, "Love troubles?"

As soon as she heard it, Lei Xing instinctively glared at him.

...What? You want to make fun of me too -_-?)...

 Prince Yi smiled at her and then took a cup and poured himself some of the wine and took a sip and then frowned, "The wine isn't good."

Lei Xing covertly rolled her eyes and took the jug and refilled her cup and went on drinking.

...Well then, you should hurry up and leave...

 "I know a place with the best wine, we should go there." Prince Yi suggested while twirling the wine in his cup

"I'm fine here." Lei Xing flatly said.

...Hey, we're not friends, I'm not going anywhere with you... But you should leave -_-)...

 Prince Yi took another sip of the wine, "I guess it's not that bad."

Lei Xing inwardly rolled her eyes and then they sat in silence again for a while. Eventually, she glanced at him and asked, "You're not leaving?"

Prince Yi blinked and then took another sip of the wine and asked, "So you snuck out of the palace to come drown your sorrows in wine?"

"No." Lei Xing flatly responded, recalling the happy mood she had when she left the palace, that was now gone with the wind.

"That's good because this wine isn't really worth the trouble." Prince Yi said frowning at the wine in his cup.

Lei Xing knit her brows but didn't say anything.

...No one cares about the wine, just hurry up and leave!...Maybe I should leave? No! Why should I?! This is my table and my booking and my wine...so why should I leave? He should be the one to leave!...

"I'm sure those in the palace won't be too pleased to discover you out here and I'm sure your family wouldn't be pleased either, so it can't be you snuck out to see them. So what made you take this risk?" Prince Yi inquired still smiling.

Lei Xing narrowed her eyes and looked at him.

...What is this now? Are you planning on reporting me?... Surprisingly, you all seem to be very jobless people here...

"I got permission."

Prince Yi frowned, "Permission?" 

Lei Xing didn't respond and just sipped the wine. The room was silent again for a while, then Prince Yi smiled, "Ah, have you heard the news? Zou Kingdom is sending a Princess over."

Lei Xing simply glanced at him and kept taking sips of the wine.

...Okay...so? -_-)...

Prince Yi continued while closely observing Lei Xing, "They say she is very beautiful, elegant... and extremely talented."

"Good for her." Lei Xing flatly said as she refilled her cup of wine.

...Where is the food? -_-)...Also, this wine is really terrible...

"It seems the emperor will be getting a new wife soon...possibly even an empress." Prince Yi explained.

"Good for him." Lei Xing offhandedly replied as she sipped the wine and looked at the door, wondering what was taking the food so long.

Prince Yi knit his brows and was quiet for a while and then continued, "My brother is a very fickle person...so I suggest that you do not get swept along only to be left behind in ruin."

Lei Xing looked at him with eyebrows raised and then gave a half-smile, "Good to know."

...Why are you telling me all this again?... If I wanted advice, I would have asked for advice...And frankly, in general, you seem like a very butthurt individual, were you once left behind in "ruin"?...

Lei Xing imagined a scene of a tattered Prince Yi, pouting and clutching at the emperor's feet pleading not to be left behind, and the emperor shoving him off and then walking away into the sunset, while Prince Yi still on his knees with a hand outstretched screaming "NOOO..." with tears and snot rolling down his face and couldn't help silently laughing, lowering her head in the process to hide it.

Prince Yi saw Lei Xing's shoulders shaking and thought she was crying and felt taken aback, he didn't expect her burst into tears because of his words and so felt a bit panicked and said, "I was just giving you some good advice to spare yourself..." These words only made the scene more vivid in Lei Xing's mind and she couldn't suppress it anymore and burst out laughing, while covering her mouth and making various failed attempts to stop. 

The other two people in the room frowned in confusion wondering what in the world she was laughing at. Lei Xing was trying hard to suppress her laughter, but looking at Prince Yi's serious face in comparison to his crying, pouting lamenting face in her mind just made it even funnier and harder to stop, "I'm sorry...hahahaha..."

...What am I even laughing at? It's not that funny -_-)...No, it is that funny hahahaha....You're behaving like that Quack...No, it's not the same, I at least didn't shatter his dreams and expectations...."expectations" hahahahaha...What are you thinking? I don't know, it's just funny...times like this, I think I'm insane hahahahaha...this is sad hahahaha....

Lei Xing laughed so much, she started coughing and Prince Yi poured some water for her and handed it over, she quickly took it, "Thank you..."

After drinking the water, Lei Xing managed to stop laughing but her expression was still clearly amused and it was obvious she was holding it in. Prince Yi skeptically looked at her, perplexed by her sudden change in mood and asked, "Is there something funny?"

Lei Xing gave a short laugh, "No, no...It's just been a long day."

Prince Yi raised an eyebrow and scrutinized her.

...Did I say something funny? -_-)...

Lei Xing looked at his face and snorted, and then immediately went on to clear her throat a few times and then got up, "Actually I think I will be going now. Goodbye." She said and headed for the door, still all smiles and on the verge of laughter, with Ah Jin following behind her. 

Lei Xing quickly made her way to the down to the reception, paid for the food, even though she didn't eat it thanks to the unexpected guest who didn't seem to want to leave. Then she went out the doors, unbeknownst to her, Prince Yi was following behind them.

"Xing jie!" Tung Mei who just happened to be across the street from the restaurant happily called out as Lei Xing came out of the restaurant, then she spotted Prince Yi behind her and then frowned, "What is he doing here?"

Lei Yong who was within earshot heard Tung Mei's words and followed her line of sight and saw Lei Xing and Prince Yi and immediately frowned and made his way to them, with Tung Mei following along happily waving at Lei Xing, who had spotted the incoming party and was already dreading the encounter once she realized a certain someone had followed her out.

...Shoot! Well, today has been very eventful, everyone seems to be out and about in the street today, why?! -_-)...

Lei Yong and Tung Mei arrived in front of Lei Xing's group and Lei Yong bowed, while Tung Mei was suspiciously eyeing Prince Yi. Prince Yi glanced at her with an eyebrow raised, Lei Yong followed his line of sight and then he nudged Tung Mei, she looked at him and he signaled for her to bow and she went, "Huh? Oh..." Then she gave a quick casual bow.

Lei Yong was not concerned about Tung Mei right now as he glanced between Lei Xing and Prince Yi.

Prince Yi looked at Lei Yong and then smiled and turned to Lei Xing, "Since your brother is here, I will entrust you to him now." Lei Yong's frown deepened on hearing that.

Lei Xing also immediately frowned and looked at Prince Yi wide-eyed.

...Entrust?! Don't say stupid crap that will make people misunderstand!!!...You're just causing unnecessary trouble! -_-)'

Prince Yi's smile brightened as he looked at the faces of the siblings and then he happily walked off.

Lei Xing glared at his back as he left and then glanced at Lei Yong's unsightly face and sent some more daggers to Prince Yi's departing back.

...Will it kill someone if I am happy, just for a bit? Why does this keep happening to me?...No, why do they keep messing with me? Are they trying to coax me into murder? Is that it?!...

"Xing er', w-"

"You're misunderstanding, this is just a coincidence." Lei Xing said cutting lei Yong off. Then she started walking away, and Lei Yong immediately fell in step beside her, "Misunderstanding?"

Lei Xing knit her brows and explained, "I said it was a coincidence, it's a big restaurant with various guests. Odds are you would run into some people you know."

Lei Yong continued questioning, "Then why did he say that?"

"I don't know, go ask him." Lei Xing dismissively said.

 Lei Yong pursed his lips and then asked, "What are you even doing out of the palace?"

"I got permission." Lei Xing swiftly responded.

"From who?" Lei Yong asked in disbelief.

"The emperor." 

"Why?" Lei Yong said with raised eyebrows.

Lei Xing's lips twitched and then she squinted at him and flatly said, "I don't know, go ask him."

...You both are "good" friends, right? Go knock yourself out -_-)...

 

MiraiSaesang's Notes: Remember when LX was laughing at Lei Yong about his predicament with Tung Mei...well Karma remembered LOL ?

Wanna chat? DiscordID: MiraiSaesang#7132 or Discord server link: https://discord.gg/Mbwxn5P

****As usual, Thank you for reading, please Comment and Vote!!! ?****

6