Chapter 6 My Abilities (2/2)
4k 7 90
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hello? Kaleidoscope? Are you ok? Where are you?

Ok, calm down me. I doubt that ROB will do something like this even if he’s a dick, so I must have it. But it’s not showing up on the status screen?

Hmm, maybe there’s an activation condition?

Let’s see. I sit cross-legged and start feeling around inside. And once I start, I feel something… boredom. Like, sitting there for 5 minutes straight is pretty boring, wish I could do something else but I have to do this.

Waiting for 10 minutes, I start to feel something, and no it’s not boredom this time… I'm hungry. When is dinner?

No no no, stop. Let’s try this one last time.

Breathe. Don’t think of anything, just feel. Be calm…

...

Warm. Currents of… something, flowing through me. My heartbeat carries it through my body. It’s comforting. I hear something, but I ignore it, now is not the time. 

My chest, to my left arm, it travels down and to my fingertips, I don’t stop it. Back, up to my arm and into my chest, before moving to my left leg. It reaches my toes before heading back again. Right leg this time, and then my right arm. Finally, once it reaches my chest a final time, it arrives at my head. Once it touches my brain, I feel an explosion, a mental shockwave, so to speak.

I see it all. A myriad of colours, so beautiful, like the light shining through a glass crystal. 

And then… pain.

Pain throughout my body, so much so I immediately stop what I'm doing, and scream.

Arata- “ARHHHHHHHHHHHHGGGGG!!!!!”

My whole body felt like it was sliced many times over, it was horrible honestly.

[-49 HP]

A notification pops up but I honestly don’t notice it until I fully process the pain. Although, I have noticed, even throughout the whole ordeal I never once panicked. Much be the [Gamer’s Mind] skill. At least it works.

49 HP, gone. What the hell happened. That pain appeared when I tried to activate the Kaleidoscope magic-

Oh.

Oooooh, I fucked up… shit, my wishes… I chose the wrong wishes!

Esper ability, an ability that allows the user to replace reality with their own. This allows them to manifest their abilities in the real world. That is the simplified version of how their abilities work, at least from the Toaru series.

There is one downside to their abilities, however… they can't use magic. Once their esper ability manifests, their brains become “circuited” in a way that disallows the use of magic, unless you are risking your life.

Because I said “I want to have Accelerator's Vector Manipulation”, and not “I want to have Vector Manipulation”, I ended up with the exact same ability Accelerator himself used.

Thus, I ended up with, not the “skill” vector manipulation, I ended up with the “esper ability” vector manipulation.

But that begs the question… how did I use Kaleidoscope to get out of the void? Is my theory wrong? No, it shouldn’t be…

Hmm, I need to know more. And it’s not all bad news. Because of this, I ended up with the natural boost in mental capabilities all espers have.

And, it seems I REALLY lucked out, as my quirk might be the solution to solve this… the ability to reprogram my mind and body. If I can level my quirk up to a satisfactory level, I might, theoretically, be able to re-circuit my brain into one suitable for both magic and esper abilities… fingers crossed.

Arata- “Status.”

[Name: Arata
Occupation: The Gamer
Level: LV 1
HP: 2/50
MP: 100/100
STR: 5
VIT: 5
DEX: 10
INT: 10
WIS: 10
LUK: 10

Skill Points: 10
Money: 0

Affinity:
Space: 100
Time: 100

Skills:
Gamer’s Mind LV MAX
Gamer’s Body LV MAX

Esper: Vector Manipulation LV MAX
Kaleidoscope LV MAX
Quirk: Self Reprogramming LV 1
Observation LV 1
Create ID LV 1
Meditation LV 1]

Yup, it’s there. Along with a different skill, it seems? Did I get that when I was feeling my magic?

[Kaleidoscope LV MAX (Active)
Magic that allows the user to travel the multiverse.
Effect: Infinite Mana
Effect: +Affinity: Space
Effect: +Affinity: Time]

[Meditation LV 1 (Active)
Empty the mind and relax your body. A training method for the mind.
Effect: 200% HP regen.
Effect: 200% MP regen.]

Nice. I guess that space and time affinity makes sense because to learn Kaleidoscope you need proficiency in those magic first. If we assume 10 is the average for a human then I guess I have genius level potential in space and time. Can't wait to learn magic. 

Raising my hand again, I try to leave the ID.

[A new skill has been created through a specific action.]

[Escape ID LV 1]

And like that, I start to hear the faint chatter of a dormitory in the late afternoon again.

I think… that’s everything? Yeah, I checked everything out, got nothing else to do…

Right! Time to grind!

(A/N: 3 YEAR TIMESKIP… jk only 3 hours.)

3 seconds later-

(A/N: Ok I lied, it was only 3 seconds.)

*AHEM!* Author-san, can you let me speak?

Anyways, 3 seconds later, I remember… I'm lazy by nature. Less so than I used to be due to my thought patterns assimilating with the original Accelerator with the esper ability, but still lazy.

(A/N: for those who don’t know, an esper’s abilities are chosen by a persons thought patterns and experiences (I think) so when MC wished for “Accelerator’s Vector Manipulation”, he also inherited Accelerators thought patterns. I will try to make MC more like Accelerator over time, but for now, he is still more “Daniel” than “Accelerator”.)

How do I change that?

Arata- “I am a dumbass. Can’t I just use my quirk to change my tendencies? Isn’t this quirk a grinding cheat?”

[For realising how dumb you are, you have gained 1 WIS]

Wow, not because I thought of a solution, it’s because I said I was dumb.

I’m too used to this to bother retorting, let’s just get started. First, find out how to use my quirk.

I completed this in 5 minutes. Am I a genius? Now the hard part is to find out where my lazy tendency is and change it. Hopefully, I don’t do anything that will fundamentally change who I am.

Fiddling around for another 30 minutes, I find where my lazy personality is, and twist slightly. I don’t want to completely remove it, I don’t know the consequences. So, instead of completely removing it, I can change it slightly to “I am lazy, BUT I enjoy watching the numbers on my stat screen rise as much as I like sex.”

Honestly, that last part was an accident but I’m still 4 years old and it’s not like I can get any actual sex at the moment so I’ll take what I can.

It also rose to level 3.

And just like that for the next 3 hours, I only focused on [Create ID] and [Escape ID] and got them both to level 6 before it was dinner and I had to go the cafeteria.

 

Chapter 6!
Anything I can do to improve, comment please like always.
Tomorrow we meet out first waifu, look forward to it.

90