Chapter 7 Rumi Usagiyama
4.1k 6 94
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Waiting for the elevator to reach the floor where the cafeteria is located, I start thinking more about my Kaleidoscope.

What? Find out why it doesn’t work? No, I already established I don’t know enough to understand why it worked before and not now. I'm thinking of something more important.

Will using Kaleidoscope cause me to have a screw loose like Zeltrech? Or will my [Gamer’s Mind] skill be able to nullify that effect?

God, I hope so, I don’t want to live my life trolling people and trying to turn everyone into a magical girl…

Actually, that trolling part might not be so bad…

When the elevator doors open again I am greeted by the spectacle of a wide room with school lunch tables all over. A swarm of people are moving about going to get their meals and sitting at the tables while chattering, honestly, it’s a bit headache-inducing. It’s been a while since I had to deal with this many people at once.

Following the crowd, I get my meal and begin looking for a table around the edges for no other reason than wanting to eat in silence. How I wish I had the mental capacity to use my [Vector Manipulation] to tune out all the noise.

Sitting down at a random empty table I start eating, zoning out while thinking about my plans from here on out. I got the zombie ID, so I can start grinding my levels…

???- “…”

I'm going to have to dump all the free stat points into INT and WIS to boost my [Vector Manipulation] skill.

???- “…i”

No, wait, I should study and try to raise my limits naturally as much as I can before using my points. That would be the best option, wouldn’t it…

[+1 WIS]

???- “… Oi.”

Ooh! A wisdom stat! Right, that settles it, that’s going to be my current plan of action!

???- “Oi!”

I feel someone grabbing my shoulder. Turning my head, I see a girl looking at me with… a scary expression. What? What happened? Did I piss her off somehow? What did I do? While I was staring blankly at her, she continued talking.

???- “That’s my seat you’re in. Move.”

Now, normally I would’ve ignored her (courtesy of Accelerators thought patterns) or directly tell her to piss off, but before I did any of these things, I stop myself.

White hair in a low-end twin-tail fashion with long rabbit ears coming off the side of her head and sharp red eyes with silky chocolate-like skin. Immediately I realise who she is. Even though she doesn’t have her mature looks yet, she is still a stunner.

Seeing her name hovering over her head just confirms my guesses.

The person I was most excited to meet here, Rumi Usagiyama.

Not wanting to get on her bad side, I listen to her. I grab my half-finished food… and walk to the opposite side of the table. Mm, I don’t want a bad impression. That LV 28 next to her name doesn’t scare me at all…

Rumi, however, completely ignores my thoughts and just sits down where I used to sit without saying anything, and starts eating.

Well, she is a straightforward kind of person. If she wanted you gone completely, she would’ve just told you that. One of the things I like about her, both in my past life and now. No need for flowery speeches, just say what you want and move on.

Arata- “I'm Arata. You?”

Rumi- “Rumi.”

Arata- “A nice name…”

Silence.

I really wanna talk with her but I don’t know what to say! I was never the social type. Plus with my 4-year-old body, it’s going to be hard talking to each other like equals.

Arata- “So do you always sit in that seat?”

She looks at me a bit before continuing

Rumi- “Always at this seat.”

Arata- “Anyone else?”

Rumi- “Just me.”

She mumbled that last part. Does she have no friends? Odd, I remember her at least have 2. Or they didn’t meet yet? Hmm… well, whatever, I can use this.

Arata- “I see…”

IT’S SO HARD TO TALK TO HER!

What do I say? “I want you to take my virginity”? Even I’m aware that’s creepy, plus with my child-like body she might- no, she will definitely think it’s a joke. And I know she’s the type of person to just say what’s on her mind, but right now we only talked for a few minutes, there’s barely anything to say!

And so… I pack up and leave. With this, I believe it’s best to take it slow. I don’t want to become extremely close to her as quickly as I can, this will most likely get her to see me as a younger brother or something of the sort. The solution? Become friends, and hold that position until I become old enough to be seen as a romantic target.

Honestly, it should be easy to get close to her.

Fight her.

But as I am now, I can't do anything but get beat up. I won't be able to give her what she wants until I become strong enough. So, for now, I will just become someone she can talk to at dinner. Tomorrow, I’ll sit at her table again.

Satisfied with my plan, I dispose of my tray and walk back into the elevator.

What I didn’t notice, however, is the quick glance Rumi sent my way just as the elevator doors close.

Back to me, waiting for the elevator to climb up several more floors to my room, I look at my status page again. Everything was the same, except the extra 2 points in the WIS stat (Esper skill doubles all INT and WIS stats).

 

Suddenly, out of nowhere, I feel a rush. A joy… no, a pleasure, that rushes through my lower body.

Must be the effect of the reprogramming I did with my quirk. I guess it works? Gotta say I am satisfied, I am willing to put my time into grinding if I feel like this every time. I wonder what I can do when I level it up more…

I think it worked a bit too well… gotta change my underwear.

 

And there we go! Chapter 7!
Rumi Usagiyama is going to be part of the harem. I really like her.
And is there's anything I can do to improve, be sure to comment.

94