Chapter 14 Villain ate a snickers and got stronger or something
3.3k 6 91
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Normally, I would just let Izuku and All Might handle it like in canon. Although the villain would have a power boost, he should still be nothing more than a minor inconvenience to All Might.

Don’t get me wrong, my mentality from my old world makes it so it’s hard to not help someone when they’re in need. But, with Accelerator in the mix, I also would not go out of my way to help people either, especially if they already have things solved.

However…

[A quest has generated.]

[Sludge Villain Incident.

The Sludge Villain is much more powerful than canon and the Main Character of this world, Izuku Midoriya, might get killed, as Katsuki Bakugo will have already been 100% consumed by the time he arrives. Distract the villain and delay the takeover until Izuku and All Might arrive. Izuku must also inherit One for All successfully.

Reward: Skill Swap coupon x1

Failure Condition: Sludge Villain successfully takes over Katsuki, Izuku dies, or Izuku doesn’t inherit One for All

Failure: Death.]

Yup, quests are the words from heaven for gamers. Plus, I would feel bad if Katsuki or anyone else dies. Even though I don’t like him at first, he mellows out, I want to give him a chance. In fact, the only reason he turns into an arrogant prick is that he’s smart and has a really good quirk, making all the other people his age fawn over him, spoiling him.

It will take a moment longer until Izuku or All Might arrives, so I’ll have to go on ahead.

With only Level 4 in my [Vector Manipulation], I can't fly. Well, I can, but it will be much faster to run and use the skill to augment my speed. So that’s what I do. And in under a minute, I reach the blast zone. Haha, get it? Because Katsuki can use explosions? Haha… haaa…

*BOOM*

Katsuki- “God… Damniiiiiit!”

Oh, he’s still struggling. And looks like even the speed of the Sludge Villain’s takeover has increased, he’s almost done. There are numerous heroes in the area, but…

Mt. Lady can't get close enough due to the small area.

Kamui Woods will catch fire if he gets close so he’s on rescue duty.

Backdraft is also working on helping other people and putting out fires.

And the Sludge Villain is basically a direct counter to Death Arms.

Man, these heroes can't do shit! I mean, they can't be blamed, this is also a hostage situation so they can't go all out or else they risk hurting Katsuki, but like… man!

Luckily, I can do damage. [Vector Manipulation] OP.

Thinking this, I Naruto run into the fight.

All the heroes look at me like I'm some kind of idiot. What? Do they not like my Naruto run? Am I doing it wrong? Or do you just hate cultured men?

???- “Oy, someone stop the kid!”

Oh, right, I’m only 15 years old and I'm running headfirst into a high tier villain-fight-meets-hostage-situation.

Arata- “Not a chance!”

Replying to whoever the fuck said that, I jam my hand into the villain's body and changed the vectors around it, creating a hole where my hand is.

My job isn’t to save him, it’s to delay his possession, so all I'm going to do is keep the sludge from entering his mouth until the other two arrive. Of course, if I wanted, due to the nature of the villain's body, I can instantly kill him. Or, if I were to keep my hand in his body, I can even have limited control over him.

But, I'm not here to show off, and people will question me why I didn’t save him entirely if I show I can do that, so all I’ll do is momentarily stop the gunk. And if I do just say “Yeah no, screw canon” and save him outright, Izuku won't leap in to save him, and All Might won't give One for All to Izuku.

I create a hole, let Katsuki breath, back off, let the sludge cover his mouth again for a bit, and repeat.

Sludge- “Youuuuu! Stop!”

Saying that, the villain starts throwing explosions at me.

Of course, with the training I did and the physical augmentation I have with [Vector Manipulation], you’d need a fuck tonne of luck to hit me. And even if I did get hit, I have reflection activated, so I won't get damaged even if I take the explosion head-on. Of course, I can't let other people know that, so I dodge them all.

Sludge- “Hold still!”

The villain is also new to this quirk so he’s unable to make use of its full potential, only using it as an attack, not as a movement ability or as a distraction.

Duck, dodge left, run forward, burst open a hole, and retreat. My movements were swift and elegant, putting all those watching me into a state of shock.

‘How the hell is this kid doing it?’, is what they’re most likely thinking.

The answer? [Vector Manipulation] OP. Without the strength and speed boost I get from constantly changing my vectors, I could dodge those attacks, but I would find it difficult.

Anyways, after a whole 5 minutes of doing this, out of the corner of my eye, I see a spinach- *COUGH* I mean, a green-haired kid and a scrawny blonde skeleton.

I guess this is my queue.

Thinking so, I pretend that I ‘grew tired’ (yeah right) for just a moment. The villain, seeing that, immediately made a move.

Sludge- “I got ya now!!!”

And by ‘made a move’, I mean, threw an explosion at me.

To not make things look suspicious, I move backwards ‘as fast as I can’ (not really), and had the shockwave from the explosion ‘throw me back’ (didn’t even feel it).

The villain immediately took this chance to swallow Katsuki.

And then, everything went pretty much like canon.

-----

(Izuku Perspective)

I-it’s my fault! If I didn’t grab onto All Might like that, the Sludge Villain wouldn’t have gotten away!

Now the person stuck there will have to bear that excruciating pain… It’s my fault.

???- “Seriously?”

???- “Yeah, he dealt with that villain not so long ago.”

???- “Then All Might’s here? What’s he doing?”

No! All Might can't move. That white-haired guy from earlier got blown away, the heroes here are incompatible or occupied. And now the villain can't be captured. I'm so sorry! Someone will come to save you. Somebody… a hero will soon…

!

KACCHAN!

My legs start moving, my body starts going forward. Why. Why? What am I doing?

???- “Not again. You idiot! Stop!”

Yeah, an idiot. What am I doing? What can I do? I don’t have anything, I can't do anything.

I…

I…

I have to do something!

Right, what should I do? Uhm… right! Hero notebook page 25!

I take off my bag and rotate my whole body before throwing all that force with my bag into the villain. It hits him right in the face. The sludge retreats from that area, and I run up and try to grab Kacchan to pull him out.

Izuku- “KACCHAN!”

Katsuki- “*COUGH* W-why you!?”

Izuku- “My legs! They moved on their own! I don’t know why either! But… your eyes… they were pleading for help!”

Unseen from Izuku’s eyes, a blonde skeleton heard those words and moved.

Sludge- “S-stop! It’ll only take a little longer! Don’t get in my waaaaay!”

I can't keep a grip on this guy. I can't stop him. My bag delayed his actions, but in the end, it was only a distraction. He’s swallowing Kacchan again… I can't do anything…

The villain lifts his arm above me… and smashes it down.

 

Another Chapter!
This one's a bit longer than the others. Things will start slowing down now that canon is here, just a heads up. Of couse, I will try to keep things moving.
If there's anything I can do to improve or add, make sure to comment, I'll see you next chapter!

91