Chapter 16 Izuku get on the Saitama bus
3.1k 6 92
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A/N: I changed the quests from accept/decline to forced quests. Thanks for pointing it out guys.

-----

All Might- "Y-y-y-you…"

Arata- "Hai, Arata desu."

Izuku- "O-oh, well I'm Izuku Midoriya."

Arata- "Sup. And you don't need to introduce yourself All Might. I know who you are. Would be weird if I didn't…"

All Might- "*AHEM* Shouldn't we get to the matter at hand?"

I turn to look at Izuku.

Izuku- "U-uhm… wouldn't it be better if… Arata-san were to take it instead?

All Might look conflicted because he also saw me doing 'my best' to save Katsuki as well. Of course, he's leaning toward Izuku to be his successor, but I'm also there on the back of his mind.

Seeing this is going nowhere, I walk up to Izuku, put my hand behind my back, and pull out a paper fan from my inventory. (A/N: RIP inventory-chan screentime)

Izuku- "How did you-"

*SMACC*

Alas, I was only able to achieve the art of the smacc. I still have much to learn to reach Daishin-sensei's level of the smaccc.

Arata- "Omae wa baka desu ka (r u dum)?"

I say as I smacced him over the head. Meanwhile, All Might is wondering if I suddenly became sick in the head.

Izuku- "Eh?"

Arata- "It's in your blood to save people. You heard All Might, right? Your body moved before you could even think. You did it once, so who knows if something like this will happen again. And next time, neither I nor All Might will be there to back you up."

Izuku, hearing this, looks down in disappointment. I don't know why he's disappointed when I'm trying to convince him to take up One for All. Looks like I gotta be clearer.

Arata- "Listen. I helped because I was there and I could do something. But you? You couldn't do anything. Yet you still jumped in."

Izuku becomes more depressed.

Holy shit I'm bad at this.

Arata- "*SIGH* This isn't working… Right, listen. You, a quirkless kid, someone who knew instinctively that jumping into a fight like that could mean your death, ran to help. This sounds cheesy as hell, but… you were born to be a hero! So, to make a difference, you need power."

I point over to All Might. Izuku turns to look at him.

All Might- "Honestly, although you said it poorly, you said everything I wanted to say."

Hey!

All Might- "I've been searching for a successor for a while. You, a quirkless kid, rushed out to help. You were more heroic than anyone else back there! And I believe you are the most worthy to inherit this power."

Yup, he really is better at talking than me.

All Might- "But of course, that depends on you! So, what do you say?"

Izuku breathes in, wipes his tears, and with a resolute gaze, he replies.

*TURNS INTO A BLACK WOMAN*

Izuku- "No ni-"

*BEEP!*

*WE ARE EXPERIENCING TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES, PLEASE HOLD*

Izuku breathes in, wipes his tears, and with a resolute gaze, he replies.

Izuku- "Yes!"

All Might- "An instantaneous answer… I expected nothing less."

Hearing this, I smirk. This is gonna be fun.

Arata- "Ah, All Might, I have something to talk to you about…"

-2 days later-

We're at the beach where all the trash is at that was shown in canon. And I have to say, it looks a lot worse in person than what is shown in the manga and anime. There's a lot more than I thought, it stretches on for about a whole kilometre. How in the world did Izuku clean all this up? I would be way too lazy to do this without reprogramming my mind.

Well, All Might isn't sadistic. He didn't assign the whole beach to be cleaned. And if it were me, since I have my powers I could either launch the junk into space or just dump them in my inventory. There is another option, however, it's a surprise tool that will help us later.

Now, Izuku is pulling along a fridge with some rope. All Might surprisingly isn't sitting on it.

Izuku- "*pant**pant* All Might, why are we at the seaside park hauling junk?"

All Might- "Isn't that obvious? It's because you're not a proper vessel!"

He says as he takes a couple of photos of Izuku.

Izuku- "Eh!? But you said I was worthy earlier!"

Arata- "He means your body, dummy."

I'm just sitting off to the side typing away on my phone. To be honest, I'm just here for the heck of it.

Arata- "Based on what All Might said about 'cultivating power and passing it onto the next', we can guess that One for All is a quirk that accumulates power over time. And this quirk has been passed down since the early chaotic age, the power it must've gathered would be insane."

All Might- "Arata-shounen is correct. If you were to inherit One for All as you are now, your body wouldn't be able to handle the raw power, and your limbs would fly off and you would be blown to bits."

Izuku- "My limbs!? Wait, so… I'm here to train my body…"

Arata- "By hauling trash."

All Might- "Yes! But that's not all! Arata-shounen recommended this place to me a couple of days ago. This beach, or rather, this section, has been like this for years!"

… What? I didn't want to risk All Might choosing another place, so I told him about this one.

Izuku- "Yeah… I heard something like this, something about the currents drifts stuff ashore, and people also dump their garbage here even though they shouldn't."

All Might- "The young heroes today all want fame and glory. But being a hero is all about volunteer work! No matter how unglamorous! Never forget that!"

He puts his hand on top of the fridge and pushes down. Knowing what's going to happen, I open the camera app.

*CRUNCH*

*CA-CHA*

All Might pauses, looks over at me, sees me shamelessly shrug, and goes back to talking.

All Might- "Let's bring back this beautiful ocean view! This is your first step onto becoming a hero!"

I think I ruined it slightly, but oh well.

All Might- "Midoriya-shounen, you want to get into U.A. right?"

Izuku- "Yeah. Because you went there as well, so if I can…"

Arata- "And that's the problem. U.A. has the toughest course there is, it's near impossible to get admitted, and it's TRULY impossibly to keep up. You'll be expelled before a day has passed. I know, I go there after all."

Izuku- "You attend U.A.!?"

Arata- "Yup."

Izuku- "So I've got 10 months to get my body to be fit to become a suitable vessel by then…!"

All Might- "And that's what this is for!"

*THWIP*

Saying that, he pulls out a small bundle of paper.

All Might- "Arata-shounen and I's self-designed 'Saitama Training, American Dream' plan!"

Yup. A couple of days ago, I talked to All Might about not only having this spot as a training area but also to design Izuku's training plan.

The difference I made? Changed most of his workouts to just 100 pushups, 100 situps, 100 squats and 10KM of running every day.

Normally, this would be stupid. But this is an anime world, and this specific training regimen has some sort of magic in it. It actually fucking works, and in about a year, it can bring any character from an anime or manga up to their physical limits.

How?

I have no fucking clue.

And I won't question it either.

 

Another chapter! This series is starting to gain some popularity, I'm a bit happy.
Thank you guys for pointing out all the plot holes and things that just dont make sense (accepting a quest that has a death penalty, like, who does that? pfft...)
Anyways, if there's any suggestions, please comment them.

92