Chapter 20 Egg
2.9k 3 84
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It’s the first day of school.

Class 1A, I’m standing at the back of the room leaning against the wall in a corner, while looking over everyone in the class. The LVs of everyone average around LV 30 to LV 40, with a few outliers like Katsuki Bakugo and Shoto Todoroki.

I’m trying to make myself as inconspicuous as possible. Of course, that’s impossible with some of the sociable people in the class like Eijiro Kirishima and Mina Ashido. As soon as they laid their eyes on me they immediately ran up to me and started talking. Mostly about my hair.

Guh! Stay away! Your social aura is blinding me!

Of course, I didn’t say that, nor did I show my displeasure. I simply had a plain impassive face and answered any question they had for me. Seeing as I didn’t talk much, they left and started going around talking to more people… before dragging me into those conversations as well. I don’t know what to do! I never dealt with this before!

Sure I talk to people and I won't say I'm antisocial and would do anything and then some to stay away from people I don’t know, but… man, they move fast! They asked my name before immediately jumping to why my hair is white, what’s my favourite food, what’s my hobby, things like that.

Then Izuku walked in, seeing someone I know made things a bit better. I didn’t go up to talk to him though, and he didn’t either. Or more like he couldn’t, Tenya Iida walked up to him to talk before bubbly girl Ochaco Urakraka appears outta nowhere ‘omae wa mou shinderu’ style.

Shota Aizawa-sensei appears outta nowhere ‘nothing personal kid’ style (there’s a difference) and gets the class going. I go back to my rightful place in the corner, as they don’t have a desk for me yet, and we get told to go change clothes and go to the grounds.

About 10 minutes later we’re all there, and like canon, we get told to run some tests with our quirks.

Unlike canon, however, I’m the one that gets called up. Probably because I just need to be here as an example and I don’t need to be tested.

And so, I grab the ball and throw it while using [Vector Manipulation] to increase the magnitude of the force behind it to the maximum. Well, the maximum I can do for now.

Why the maximum? It’s because I wanna show off, duh.

Aizawa- “1356 meters. We’re doing this because we need to know your limits. That’s the first step to finding out what heroes you’ll be.”

???- “Amazing! 1356 meters! How’d he do that!”

I explained how I did it in my monologue, but you wouldn’t know.

After that, everything went how it should’ve. Izuku, still not knowing how to control the output of [One for All] is still panicking. Less than canon, but panicking nonetheless.

It gets to the ball throw, Katsuki Bakugo does his “DIE!” ball throw, then it’s finally Izuku’s turn. He still has his glove with him and if I'm right he’s planning to concentrate all his power into one finger. But… something feels wrong…

Izuku pulls back his arm and throws the ball focusing [One for All] in his finger.

*Thump*

Aizawa- “49 meters.”

… wut?

Izuku- “H-huh? But I was trying to use it…”

Aizawa- “I erased your quirk.”

Why? What’s going on. Izuku should already be able to limit his power to just his fingers, why did Aizawa-sensei-

Aizawa- “I saw it. You can't control your quirk output. Your quirk destroys your body. That glove lets you fire off some shots from your fingers, but even that glove can only hold off, what… 15 shots in total? And what about the 0 pointer? What if you have to use your whole arm again? One punch and you’re out of the fight. Were you hoping someone would just step in after?”

Shiiiiiit, because Aizawa-sensei didn’t know Izuku couldn’t control [One for All] until recently and thought it was normal, then he isn’t aware of Izuku’s potential and how fast he can grow. He’s still completely serious about expelling him… unless… he can grow more?

Izuku- “N-no, it’s not like that. It’s just-“

Aizawa- “You’ve got a heroic soul, but you’re useless after saving one person… you can't be a hero with that quirk of yours.”

Aizawa-senseis hair falls back down. He deactivated his quirk.

Aizawa- “You’ve got your quirk back, give it another go. Let’s get this over with.”

[A quest has generated.]

[Expelled.

At this rate, Izuku will be expelled, and the timeline will fall apart. Make sure no one gets expelled and survives through today!

Reward: Random Skill Coupon.

Failure Condition: Someone gets expelled.

Failure: Death.]

Well, looks like I gotta do something. Let’s see…

-----

(Izuku Perspective)

What do I do!?

Ok ok, calm down, panicking won't help. I've got one shot at this, I've got to make sure I don’t get last place. So maybe I should sacrifice my whole arm instead of just my finger? To make sure I get the best result I can, and to bring up my score. Hopefully, I’ll get second last or something.

Right, that sounds like a plan.

Walking back to the throwing circle with a distracted face, I get ready to put everything I've got into it.

Huh? Arata? What’s he doing. He’s just jumping up and down… me? Does he want my attention? Why?

He lifts his hands and shows me… an egg? Arata, are you ok? I mean, I know in the last 3 weeks, you’ve been talking a lot about eggs and microwaves recently and some facts about them, but this isn’t the time-

Hold up… eggs and microwaves… There’s this one fact he’s drilled into my head that eggs burst in excessive heat and that some microwaves have a turning table in them to distribute heat.

.

.

.

I know what he’s talking about now! He’s saying I have to distribute heat throughout the egg to make sure it won't burst. So if I were the egg… what an amazing example!

Right… distribute the heat throughout the egg… make sure not to concentrate [One for All] into only a single spot… lower the wattage of the microwave… come on!

With my eyes closed, feeling the rush of power, not only through my arm, but my legs, chest, and head too. I draw back my arm holding the ball, and like a released arrow…

Izuku- “SMAAAAASH!”

The ball leaves my hand.

*THOOM!*

I open my eyes, the ball is flying fast. Immediately, however, I look down to my arm, and I find it in once piece. It didn’t explode into pieces, it didn’t break in multiple spots. It hurts like hell, I still need more practice regulating the power flow, and there are probably some burst blood vessels, but…

Izuku- “Aizawa-sensei… I can still move!”

Aizawa- “This kid…!”

-----

(MC Perspective)

I AM SO GLAD I PACKED AN EGG IN MY INVENTORY! I AM NEVER THROWING THIS EGG AWAY!

[Quest complete, receiving rewards in inventory.]

[Received: Random Skill Coupon]

And you shut up.

 

Another chapter done! Please leave any comments on anything you want me to change, add or improve. I always try read every comment so dont be afraid. Next chapter we're having the battle training arc, look forward!

84