Chapter 22 Battle trials end and some teenage drama happens
2.9k 1 81
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Next team! Team B Shoto Todoroki and Mezo Shoji VS Team I Mashirao Ojiro and Toru Hagakure! Battle Start!

They both enter from both ends and almost immediately, the building freezes. With [Vector Manipulation], however, I can just increase the heat and melt it easily. With Mezo, Team B was easily able to locate the other team and won.

Team H Fumikage Tokoyami and Tsuyu Asui VS Team J Eijiro Kirishima and Hanta Sero. Battle start!

Both teams set off and ended up meeting each other without running into me. They got into a brawl and because of the closed environment, Eijiro Kirishima carried the fight and Team J wins.

Team G Denki Kaminari & Kyoka Jiro VS Team C Momo Yaoyorozu & Minoru Mineta. Battle start!

Again, they both enter the building, but it seems both teams are heading straight for me. Kyoka can hear the sound I make to locate me and Momo probably made something to locate me, most likely infrared goggles or something. Maybe they want to do something different from the other teams and try to catch me. Pfft, good luck.

Team G ends up finding me first, Denki immediately runs up to me and try to paralyse me with his lightning in close quarters. Since I disabled reflection, I can't just tank his lightning. So, I do everything I can to avoid getting close while staying close to Kyoka so he can't just discharge his electricity to hit me. At least, not without risking his teammate.

Team C arrives at this moment, Momo being a natural strategist, immediately tells Minoru Mineta to throw his sticky balls everywhere, specifically at me, while creating a bo staff. Of course, I avoid them all by constantly changing directions while running towards them.

Kyoka takes advantage of my separation to blast soundwaves at me, so I just jump up nearly touching the ceiling. The sound waves continue on their path beneath me and hit both Momo and Minoru, stunning them for a bit.

Arata- “Sorry!”

I yell an apology as I fall back down and continue running past them. I don’t think they can hear me though. Momo keeps her bearings despite her disoriented balance and still tries to attack me with her staff. She surprisingly can keep up with my movements… or at least, would’ve, if she wasn’t hit by a sound blast. So I dodge and weave around her attacks, jump over a nearly unconscious Minoru and run away while waving over my shoulder.

Momo- “Urgh… that’s playing dirty!”

True, but it’s not my problem! Denki takes advantage of this and just lightly shocks Momo. Team G, win!

Honestly, if Momo knew what Kyoka’s quirk was, she probably would’ve been able to make some earmuffs or something. Even if she didn’t, she still would’ve worked something out if I didn’t bait both of them. Rip, I’ll make it up to her later.

And finally Team E Yuga Aoyama & Mina Ashido VS Team F Rikido Sato & Koji Koda. Battle…

Well, let's just skip them. The only important person in that group is Mina, I didn’t bother paying much attention to anyone else.

All the battles ended and we get told to gather again.

All Might- “Well done everyone! No serious injuries and you all had great teamwork considering this is your first time! Now if you’ll excuse me…”

All Might ran off. His time is almost up. Everyone went back to our classroom, Midoriya is pretty sore all over since he still isn’t completely used to [One for All: Full Cowling] and went to get healed.

While that was happening, nearly everyone swarmed all over me asking how was I able to move like that.

Arata- “I increased my physical ability using my quirk.”

I didn’t actually. Except for a few times, every movement I made was my natural strength.

Mina- “Woah, so your quirk is some kind of physical ability boost?”

Arata- “Not exactly.”

Eijiro- “Oh oh, maybe it’s some kind of momentum boost! I saw you make some unnaturaly sharp movements.”

Arata- “You’re about half right?”

Denki- “Half right?”

Momo- “Maybe a momentum boost is only half of your ability?”

Arata- “Colour me impressed, you’re really smart, aren’t you?”

Momo- “*tsundere humph*”

Guess she’s still a bit angry.

Arata- “It’s called [Vector Manipulation]. I’ll let you guys guess the details.”

I didn’t end up showing much so I doubt they can tell my full capabilities even with all the hints. I don’t mind letting them know my ‘quirk’.

(A/N: For those who are unaware of what [Vector Manipulation] can do, it's the manipulation of vectors... duh. Vectors are the direction and magnitude of an object, this ability can manipulate those vectors. If a ball if flying forward at 3 meters/s, [Vector Manipulation] can instantly change that direction to the left without any loss in momentum. Or, you can increase that 3 meters/s to 5 meters/s or decrease to 1 meter/s. Of course, this is only the most simple example. [Vector Manipulation] can also control the momentum in molecules, so MC can even control the temperature.)

Tenya- “Still, you’re really strong. Your score at the ball throw was also higher than any of us… now that I think about it, it’s weird.”

Kyoka- “You get chosen to give examples.”

Toru- “You also don’t have a seat yet.”

Izuku- “Ah, now that I think about it, why are you still in 1A?”

Oh, Izuku’s back. Guess he got healed. Meanwhile, everyone is confused as fuck.

Arata- “Well last year Aizawa-sensei expelled all of class 2A, I ended up being the only one left. So I just got told to save the teachers some trouble and join this class as something between an assistant and student.”

Everyone became shocked at the news. I'm a second-year student and the only survivor of a whole class of expelled students. Momo became embarrassed as she now knew why I found her statement yesterday amusing. Her face is quite cute.

Izuku- “More importantly… Where’s Kacchan?”

Ochako- “Oh, about him… well, he just went home without saying anything.”

Hearing that, Izuku bolted out of the room. I know what’s going to happen and I wanna save this moment into my photo collection, so I get up and walk outside the classroom to the glass window. From there, you can see the school entrance.

A few minutes later, Izuku manages to get to the entrance and catch up with Katsuki (still don’t know how they can navigate the damn school without a map or anything).

Izuku starts monologing, then Katsuki replies, then All Might appears, realises there’s no need for him to be there, before scolding Izuku about releasing info on [One for All].

I mean, it really is stupid. Katsuki is still antagonistic towards Izuku at this point in time, and he just went ahead and told him? I know this becomes something of a bridge between them later on, but… man, Izuku can be so smart, but so idiotic at the same time.

Oh well, not my problem.

 

I really find it hard to write these fight scenes so I'll probably keep them vague. If it's important to the story I'll try to go into detail but... Yeah, don't expect much.

Anyways, chapter over, if there's anything I can add or improve, please let me know in the comments, I always try to read them all. 

Next chapter we introduce a new potential harem member, look forward to it!

81