Chapter 24 USJ Invasion 1
2.8k 9 79
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Next day.

Aizawa- “Now for today's basic hero training, All Might, myself and one other will supervise the lesson.”

Hanta Sero- “Um, so what are we doing exactly!?”

Aizawa- “Preparing you for disaster relief, from fires to floods. It’s a rescue training!”

[A quest has generated.]

[USJ Invasion

A bunch of villains will infiltrate USJ and threaten the lives of both the students and even teachers! Make sure everyone gets through this alive.

Reward: Badassium recipe.

Failure Condition: Death of any teacher or student.

Failure: Death.]

Oh, fuck off. Well, I was planning to do this anyway, now I also get something for my troubles. I don’t NEED this Badassium, but right now I’m the only one able to wear the Iron Man suit without the Palladium affecting me. Badassium will be nice to have.

(A/N: For those who don’t know, Badassium is the new element Tony Stark synthesised to replace Palladium for his arc reactor. He tried to get it patented as ‘Badassium’ but couldn’t, but that isn’t important.)

I've also been preparing a lot of things for today. This should be hard even for me. A large number of villains will infiltrate U.A and try to kill All Might. The bad thing is…

Most likely all of them will have this ‘Divine Augment’ buff on them. Even the canon fodder Sludge Villain had a Divine Augment. From experience, I am almost certain that not every single villain will have one, but villains that play a part and will be remembered, even slightly, should have one. Kurogiri, Tomura, and the Nomu will have one, but there’s a chance for others to have one as well.

First, on the agenda, I want All Might there from the start. He can keep the Nomu busy, at least for a while. So, I used the Iron Man suit I just finished making yesterday to go around and solve all the problems that All Might should’ve solved on his way to school. Horray for Jarvis. Right now, although it can be controlled by Jarvis, the acutal Iron Man armour is not as advanced. If I had to take a guess, it would be between Mark 3 to Mark 5. The repulsors are a lot harder to make than I thought.

So yeah, while the Iron Man suit is flying around, I also make a few gadgets and left them in my inventory. Whether I’ll need them or not, we’ll see.

And so, we got dressed into our gear and all got on the bus. Tsuyu almost exposed Izuku, Katsuki got teased, and I sat there in the corner with closed eyes but secretly eavesdropping on everyone’s conversation.

And so, we all arrived at U.S.J safely, and would you look at that, All Might is here.

???- “A flood zone, a landslide zone, conflagration zone, etc… Every disaster and accident you can imagine. I built this facility myself. I call it… The Unforeseen Simulation Joint!”

Izuku- “It’s the Space Hero: Thirteen!”

Ochako- “Ooh, I love Thirteen!”

All Might- “Now, shall we get started?”

Thirteen- “Before we do, I have one or two points… or three… four…”

Thirteen then talks about her quirk, and how quirks, no matter how destructive, can be used in many different ways. All of a sudden…

Arata- “… Why do I hear boss music?”

No, like, seriously. I'm hearing some boss music. What the fuck, I'm scared.

The lights start flickering, the fountain starts malfunctioning, and a dot appears in front of it. The dot quickly grows larger and wider before the dry boi Tomura Shigaraki himself steps out. Villain after villain shows themselves and start their slow but intimidating walk. How do they do that? It’s just casual walking but it looks so creepy…

Eijiro- “Is this like the entrance exam where there’s no countdown?”

Aizawa- “Don’t move! Those are villains!”

Kinda ironic that they appear during our training to rescue other people, now we need rescuing ourselves. Lol.

Kurogiri- “Thirteen, Eraser Head, and All Might. Exactly according to the staff schedule, I received the other day.”

Aizawa- “Of course the mess yesterday was their doing… tch.”

Tomura- “All Might is here? Good. We’ve brought all these playmates to see you after all…”

All Might- “Eraser Head, Thirteen, get the kids to safety. I’ll handle them.”

Aizawa-sensei and Thirteen nodded, turned to us, and started urging us to leave. But, if my predictions are correct…

Kurogiri- “I apologise but I can't let any of you leave here.”

Here he is! Man, I’m good! He appears in front of us then he starts talking about their League of Villains and that they’re here to kill All Might. Eijiro Kirishima and Katsuki Bakugo leaps forward in the middle of his monologue and attempt to knock Kurogiri down, Katsuki with his explosions, and Eijiro with a heavy slash. Of course, they don’t do shit.

All Might began his fight with the Nomu, so he’s occupied. Kurogiri then covers all of us in a giant dome of black fog, before teleporting us all over the place.

During the teleportation, I end up getting this feeling of closeness, like if I reach out a bit I can impact my destination in some way. I guess that’s an effect of either my space affinity or [Kaleidoscope]. Maybe both. But, I don’t want to risk an esper-magic backlash, so I leave it alone.

Once the warping ends, I find myself falling midair. Using [Vector Manipulation] I upright my position before landing softly on the ground and observing my location.

The Conflagration zone. Buildings on fire everywhere as far as I can see. And it’s hot as fuck. Activating my reflection, I easily filter out the heat. Much better.

From my memories, I should be with Mashirao Ojiro and potentially Yuga Aoyama.

Right, let’s start Operation: Breakout.

Arata- “Jarvis, you there?”

Jarvis- “Yes sir.”

Jarvis spoke through my helmet UI.

Arata- “Find everyone’s locations and get me the most optimal movement path. I want to finish up at the fountain. Get all the villains on a map on my HUD while you’re at it.”

Jarvis- “At once sir. May I suggest taking out all those villains from your immediate vicinity that are currently trying to surround you?”

Arata- “Yeah why not.”

As expected of Jarvis he also noticed them. So, while I take out all 7 villains that just happened to find me, Jarvis does what I ask.

[You earned 0.86% exp.]

Well that was some shit exp.

Operation: Breakout, although it has a flashy name, it’s quite simple. Go around trying to take out as many villains as I can and get everyone in 1A to the fountain area as soon as possible, preferably before any serious injuries occur to anyone.

Jarvis- “All life signatures have been recorded and uploaded to the virtual map in your HUD, along with the optimal movement path.”

Arata- “Got it. Let’s see how strong I became…”

Well, although I say that, most of them are too weak for me to go all out on. You can tell by the earned exp that these guys were only cannon fodder. Thank god, not all villains ended up getting a Divine Augment.

Wait no, don’t thank god, this is gods fault to begin with.

Using [Vector Manipulation] I fly around close to the ground heading to wherever a red dot is located on my map, knock them unconscious with supercharged electromagnetic shocks from my suit, cuff them in my special anti-quirk cuffs, and move on.

Yeah, anti-quirk cuffs. These bad boys took a lot of time to work out. Well, now that I have the recipe, with [Manufacturing], I can spit these guys out like no tomorrow as long as I have the materials. Best of all, they can self destruct safely at my command, so no one will know about these guys. I only put them on because I don’t want these villains running around when I'm not here.

I clear out the area and meet Mashirao. Guess I was wrong, Aoyama isn’t here.

Arata- “Oi! Ojiro-san! This area’s been cleaned out! Head to the fountain area, the others most likely need help!”

He looks up to find me floating in the air and is very surprised. I mean, flying is kind of a rare skill, even in this superpower society.

Well, it’s not much for me. Just change the force of gravity on me to a different direction or nullify it all together, and voila, flight. If I want to go fast I can just make a wind tunnel around myself, remove all friction, increase the gravitational force and going supersonic isn’t that much of a big deal anymore.

I'm heading to the next area when I hear a loud *FOOM* and see a giant pillar of water rise before falling back down. That must’ve been Izuku and his group, it seems like I don’t need to head there then.

Right, where to next?

 

USJ invasion arc is here! Alot of things are gonna happen that's going to slightly differ from canon. Look forward to it!
Also, Harem members confirmed for this world are Rumi Usagiyama and Nejire Hado. Momo Yaoyoruzu is a maybe, let me know what you think.
(I changed my mind I'll be doing 1-3 girls PER WORLD, so it's either Momo or another girl, choose wisely!) (I also redid the synopsis a few days ago, check it out.)
If there's anything I missed or can add, make sure to comment! I'll see you next chapter.

79