Chapter 25 USJ Invasion 2
2.7k 4 77
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I look at the map displayed on my HUD and it suggested I head south-east, towards the mountain zone. If I remember correctly, Momo, Kyoka and Denki are there. They’re pretty strong, so there shouldn’t be any trouble… but I might as well speed things up.

So I boost my speed and shoot off to their direction while making breaks every now and then whenever I find a stray villain wandering around the area.

[You earned 0.06% exp.]

These guys are shit. So little exp. I mean, I can get more if I kill them, but I can't be bothered dealing with the aftermath. Don’t get me wrong, I have killed before. I wander around the city now and again and sometimes I come across a crime scene. Most often a mugging, sometimes just sexual harassment. And whenever I do, I ask Jarvis if there’s any hero around who can help. If he says no, I deal with it.

Most of the time I just blur my face with [Vector Manipulation] before beating them up and knocking them unconscious. And sometimes, they give me more trouble than it’s worth… and I execute them.

No, I don’t wander around killing every villain I come across in the name of justice, but some just tick me off.

But for these villains here, if I kill them, the teachers will probably be able to find out it was me, and then I have do deal with the whole “killing is bad” talk. I don’t want to go through with that.

It’s a shame though, if All Might was in a party with me when he defeated the Sludge Villain, or if I got the finishing blow, I would’ve ended up getting way more exp than normal.

Anyway, I'm done dealing with all the villains in the surrounding, it only took about a minute or so. There are a lot more villains here than shown in the anime or manga. I enter the scene to see Momo and Kyoka beating the shit out of everyone with Momo’s created weapons. Momo must’ve been trained in weaponised combat as her movements are very tight and balanced, and Kyoka is just swinging her weapon like a bat but is using her Earphone Jacks to cover her weak spots.

Meanwhile, Denki that chad is just walking around giving everyone the ‘Miles Moralis Shoulder Touch’. It seems no Divine Augment bearers are here. Momo’s movements have suddenly slowed down and seems to be concentrating on something. If I had to guess, this might be the part where she makes a giant insulated sheet so Denki can go wild. I should probably save her the trouble. I cut off my [Vector Manipulation] and just fall.

*BANG*

I make a grand entrance into the fight by not bothering slowing my descent and just redirecting the impact back into the ground, amplifying the force before carrying it through the earth to right under each villain before detonating it.

*BANG* *BANG* *BANG* *BANG*

???- “AHH!”

???- “GARH!”

???- “KYA!”

… I’ll ignore that last one.

Denki- “Oh, it’s Arata!”

Arata- “Hey guys hows it going? Nice shoulder touches, by the way, Kaminari-san.”

He looks confused because he never touched anyone's shoulders during the fight but I’ve already moved on.

Arata- “So yeah this area is almost cleared, I'm gonna go-ahead to the next zone and help out the others. You guys might wanna head to the fountain area next, there’s still a bunch of other villains there and All Might’s out of commission.”

Kyoka- “Hah? All Might is taken out!?”

Arata- “What? Oh, my mistake. I meant he’s dealing with a troublesome villain and is kind of occupied, so everyone else could use all the help they can get. I’m going ahead, I’ll see you there!”

*FOOM*

Saying that I jump away and begin speeding my way over to the next zone.

Arata- “Hey Jarvis, is it here yet?”

Jarvis- “Arrival in t-minus 1 minute.”

Arata- “Right, should easily make it in time then. Next zone… Landslide? Shoto Todoroki is overpowered, do I need to go there?”

-----

(Momo Perspective)

Momo- “That unbearable man!”

I don’t understand him at all!

When I first met him I thought he was an interesting person. He has an average look but his white hair makes him stand out. His body language and face make him seem distant and simply impassive about everything around him, but his eyes hold a playful glint in it.

But he ruined that impression barely an hour later. When I said that Aizawa-sensei was bluffing when he threatened us with expulsion, he laughed! I understand that I was wrong when I said that, but he could have at least spoke out and explained that I was incorrect instead of laughing and then keeping silent. And if he wasn’t going to explain, he shouldn’t have laughed in the first place!

And then during combat training, he used me as bait and ran away by himself. That’s a valid combat tactic, although slightly looked down upon, and so is teaming up against him. But…

Kyoko- “Yaoyoruzu-san, what’s wrong?”

Momo- “He didn’t even apologise for it!”

.

.

.

Ah. I said that out loud… So embarrassing!

Kyoko- “Who didn’t apologise? Arata-san? For what?”

Momo- “I apologise, it just slipped out. Please ignore it.”

If mother heard my outburst I would be lectured for at least an hour!

Denki- “Riiiiight… well I think we should hurry and meet up with everyone. Let’s go!”

And he runs off slightly ahead of us. But before he can get far, a hard bursts out from the ground and grabs his leg, making him fall face first.

Denki- “Ahh! My nose! Did I break it…?”

???- “All right hands in the air where I can see them. Don’t get any ideas or your friend here gets it.”

A villain wearing a skull-like helmet crawls out of the ground and threatens Denki with an electric sword construct. Is that his quirk?

Denki- “Haha! Jokes on you! Electricity does not affect me, at least not the amount you’re giving off.”

???- “True, electric type quirk users like us are generally immune to electric shocks. But my electric construct also adds physical damage to my attacks. What I’m holding could very well decapitate you, so you’d better stay still.”

Kyoka- “Seriously!?”

???- “Very serious. So, if I were you, I’d get your hands up in the air and-“

*VIIIIII*

*THOOM*

*GEBOUH!*

While he was threatening us a blast of energy came flying at him and hit him in the back, sending him flying. Jiro-san, Kaminari-san and I look up to see where it came from and see a man… no, a suit of red and gold metal descending from the sky on jets coming from its palms and soles of its feet.

???- “It seems there was one left, as predicted.”

Momo- “Uhm, excuse me, who might you be?”

???- “It depends. This suit is called Iron Man, but I am personally called Jarvis by Sir Arata. Or should I say Arata-sama… Japanese honorifics are confusing.”

His voice sounded like a butler from home. He probably is a butler now that I think about it, he said he serves… Arata-san!?

Momo- “Wait, you said Sir Arata, do you serve Arata-san?”

Jarvis- “Indeed. He has detected a villain that was hiding beneath the ground when he made this attack, but he wanted me to test the combat effectiveness of this suit so he left it alone to bait it out before sending me.”

???- “Omae wa mou… shinderu!”

Jarvis- “N-nani!?”

*SHING!*

A lightning blade pierces the left chest area of the suit all the way through.

???- “Hahaha! You shouldn’t have let your guard down! Now it’s the end of the line for you!”

Jarvis- “I… should say the same for you.”

???- “Hah?”

*THOOM*

Saying so, Jarvis rotates his wrist and points his palm backwards to fire off another energy blast, knocking the villain back. Jarvis continues to turn his whole body around, run to the downed villain that’s struggling to get back up, before raising his hand and…

*SMACC*

Jarvis- “Smacc test successful. Villain knocked unconscious. Sending results…”

… what just happened? Jarvis-san got stabbed and… !

Momo- “Right, Jarvis-san, are you ok? You just got stabbed in the chest, and it should be very close to your heart!”

Jarvis- “Oh you do not need to worry about that Miss Yaoyoruzu.”

The armour’s faceplate flips open to show an empty shell.

Jarvis- “I am merely an AI remotely piloting the Iron Man suit. There is no need for alarm. And it seems you are running out of time. You should hurry to your classmates.”

Kyoko- “Oh, right, come on guys, let’s go!”

Denki- “Way ahead of you!”

And so we all run off towards the USJ entrance. Before completely leaving the area, however, I look behind one last time to see Jarvis-san putting some kind of handcuffs on the unconscious villains.

Arata-san… sent this Iron Man suit to protect us…

Kyoka- “Oh, now that I remember it again, if you were talking about Arata-san not apologising to you when he baited my attack, don’t worry. As he was passing you, he said sorry. But you probably didn’t hear it, since… you know, my attack…”

Hmm… Maybe he’s not so bad.

-----

(MC Perspective)

Arata- “*BEEP* Sup Jarvis, did you handle things?... Mmm… Hmm? Electric blade constructs? Must be a Divine Augment… No, I will not remove the programming of you saying “N-Nani!?” whenever someone says that line… The smacc test worked? Nice, that’s all I wanted to hear… Alright, head over to the Windstorm Zone and take out the villains there. Arata out.”

Hmm, I'd say the test was a resounding success!

 

New chapter out! This one is a longer than usual, about an extra 600 words. Oh well.

It seems alot of people are rooting for Momo to be the last person, so I'll add her. No one else! So it's Nejire Hado, Rumi Usagiyama, and Momo Yaoyoruzu. That's it!

Happy New Year!

77