Chapter 35 Tournament arcs are boring.
2.4k 4 67
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Present Mic- “Are you ready!? You’ve been through hell to get here, but now it’s time for the one-on-one tournament!”

It’s finally here, the tournament arc. I'm sitting in the section of the stands specifically for 1A, and except for Izuku and Shoto, everyone is here.

Izuku is going to fight against Hitoshi Shinso, the brainwashing guy, and Shoto is fucking off somewhere I don’t know.

Ochako- “So, who do you think is going to win?”

Tenya- “Well, we don’t know his opponent’s quirk, but I believe it should be Izuku’s win.”

I'm sitting directly behind Tenya and Ochako so I can hear their conversation easily, but I don’t join their talk. Instead, I try to think if I should tape Izuku’s mouth right now just to get this fight over and done with. I decided against it though.

Present Mic- “The first match! Izuku Midoriya from the hero course! Versus! Hitoshi Shinso from General Studies! The rules are simple, knocking your opponent out of the ring, immobilising them, or making them say “I give up”, will win you the match! No going for the kill though!”

Hitoshi- “Huh… ‘I give up’… reminds me of that monkey babbling about his stupid ‘pride’.”

Present Mic- “START!!!”

Hitoshi- “What kind of idiot throws away a chance like this?”

Haaaahhh… What kind of cheap provocation is this. Little kids playing Call of Duty on Xbox 360 are better than this. You should begin by saying “I fucked ur mom last night”. Then 360 no scope them before teabagging them.

I doubt you can pull out a sniper at this point but steps 1 and 3 are still viable.

Izuku- “What did you say!?”

*pause*

And he fell for it anyway.

Mashirao- “Damnit, after I went through all the trouble of warning him too!”

I know Izuku isn’t exactly to blame. He’s not an idiot, but he’s naive. He values his friends more than the average person, most likely because he didn’t have many growing up.

Then things went pretty much the same, I think. In this fight the previous [One for All] users showed up, giving Izuku the willpower to briefly escape from Hitoshi’s brainwashing. I wouldn’t know exactly if those previous users showed up or not, but Izuku did break out of the brainwashing by moving his fingers at 100%, before using Full Cowling and easily yeeting Hitoshi out of the ring.

Midnight- “Shinso-kun is out! Midoriya-kun advances to round 2!”

The first round ended nicely. The second round between Hanta Sero and Shoto Todoroki began.

We… don’t need to talk about that, Hanta got fucking decked.

Next, Ibara Shiozaki versus Denki Kaminari. This time things went slightly differently than canon. Denki doesn’t use his full power indiscriminate shock but instead tried to close the distance and shock her at close range. This way he won't become an idiot so quickly.

Well, even though he did that Ibara still used her vines to dig underground and capture Kaminari by the legs. Seeing as he couldn’t get closer, he just used his 1.3 million volts indiscriminate shock. And then things just went out of hand from there. Ibara shielded herself with her vines, and Denki got knocked out.

Izuku- “*mutter* *mutter* *mutter* *mutter*”

He’s doing his muttering thing again. I wouldn’t exactly say it’s annoying though… well, it was at first, but hanging out with him for just under a year lets you get used to it.

Next, Tenya Iida versus Mei Hatsume, where Mei outfitted him with some of her tech. Why? To show off her creations- oh, sorry, her ‘babies’ to other support companies.

Now that I think about it, isn’t that kinda fucked up? She’s giving babies to strangers.

No, don’t think about it.

Looking more at all the gadgets used, I become surprised. Mei Hatsume… is a genius. Not as much as me, but I'm a freak that reincarnated, I don’t count. All her gadgets don’t use any extremely high tech, but she has a wild imagination. And to an inventor, nothing is a more powerful weapon than their imagination.

It hurts my pride a bit to say this, but even I'm a bit inspired. Like in one of her gadgets she made that Tenya is currently using, it can sense brainwaves to guess what the user wants to do, and act accordingly.

Seeing this, I realise my tech doesn’t use this function. I can probably easily make some device that can read fucking minds if I want to, but I never did. Don’t get me wrong, I thought of this several years ago, but my mental capabilities were too much for any machine to accurately read. At least, one of this era.

But I forgot… I'm not the only ones using my tech anymore. Since then I've established Stark Industries, and am also letting other people use my tech. A program or AI that can sense the user’s thoughts would be very useful.

Meanwhile, Mei continued showing off her creations for 10 minutes before she stepped off the stage on her own and forfeited the match.

Next up, Yuga Aoyama versus Mina Ashido. Mina dodged all of Yuga’s laserbeams and knocked him out with an uppercut to the chin.

*Kacha*

I'm saving this.

And coming up is a fight I was slightly looking forward to, Tetsutetsu Tetsutetsu versus Eijiro Kirishima.

Present Mic- “Start!”

Eijiro starts walking slowly to Tetsutetsu.

Tetsutetsu- “Oh, you’re approaching me? Instead of forfeiting you’re coming right to me?”

Eijiro- “I can't beat the shit out of you without getting closer.”

Tetsutetsu- “Oh ho! Then come as close as you’d like.”

They both continue walking to each other until they're face to face. Suddenly…

Eijiro- “Ora!”

*Bang!*

Tetsutetsu- “Too bad! ‘Steel’ is the best quirk. The strength and durability still exceed that of your Hardening!”

Eijiro- “So it’s the same type as my Hardening quirk. Not much range but immense power and defence.”

Tetsutetsu- “Shall we compare out rushes?”

*Bang!* *Bang!* *Bang!* *Bang!* *Bang!* *Bang!*

Eijiro- “Ora! Ora! Ora! Ora! Ora! Ora! Ora! Ora! Ora! Ora! Ora! Ora!”

Tetsutetsu- “Muda! Muda! Muda! Muda! Muda! Muda! Muda! Muda!”

And things just went on like this. The fight ended with a tie.

And finally, we get to the anticipated Ochako Uraraka versus Katsuki Bakugo… she’s not gonna die, right?

Izuku and Tenya come back from the waiting rooms together after talking to Ochako. They ended up sitting back in front of me.

Tenya- “You said you have a counter strategy for her against Bakugo-kun. What is it?”

Izuku- “Oh, uh, nothing special. Kacchan is really strong in close range combat. His quirk gets stronger the more mobile he is. If she gets him floating in midair, she’ll gain the advantage.”

Present Mic- “START!!!”

She ran forward with everything she has… which is still slow as shit but it’s something.

Katsuki, on the other hand, set off an explosion and forced Ochako back. She didn’t let this stop her, however, and continued running forward. She knows, if Katsuki can move freely, he will start to sweat more, and in return, his explosions will become more powerful.

The solution? Get him into the air.

If she does that, she can win.

And so, she does everything she can to get him into the air, but…

Katsuki- “NORTH KOREA!”

*BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMM!*

The world exploded, everyone died, the story ends.

FIN~

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Just kidding, but that’s it for this chapter.

If there's anything I missed make sure to let me know! 

67